[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Specifically, what went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7
File: why.jpg (655 KB, 1330x2045) Image search: [Google]
why.jpg
655 KB, 1330x2045
Specifically, what went wrong?
>>
>>28831502
That honestly just looks boring, no wonder no one is creative anymore, they just want to color in the lines and not make anything new
>>
File: 1462377480191.png (294 KB, 599x323) Image search: [Google]
1462377480191.png
294 KB, 599x323
I could've been nicer to people
>>
>>28831523
It's for old people who weren't originally going to sit down and just draw something anyways. And for those old people that do draw it's not like they're going to buy this.

What's the issue here? It's just a time killer like any crossword puzzle
>>
>>28831577
I know a lot of girls who find this fun in their late teens early twenties
>>
I don't know how this fad started but I like it. The thought of adults coloring is adorable. I could see myself doing it but as a man I can't be seen buying a coloring book. And they're so pricey.

It's always fun pointing out where all the different kinds are at the store when customers ask for them.
>>
>>28831635
>pricey

It's like $10 or $12. It would conceivably almost a hundred hours of entertainment if you were actually able to find this entertaining
>>
>>28831850
When you put it that way it's not so bad.
I just see them next to the regular children's coloring books, which are 1-3 dollars, and I think "this is outrageous!"
>>
>>28831635
>>28831502
My sister does this.

She's like 25. I don't see the appeal but she just likes kitschy things like owls and hiking and reddit. I think she mostly does it to destress while studying.
>>
millennials unable to proceed into adulthood?
>>
>>28831902
My cousin also does this, and she's about the same age. Is it a new popular trend among mid-20s women or something?
>>
>>28831902
>>28831967
Yes, I can confirm. All the girl grad students are obsessed with these at my college.
>>
my 45 yo mom has this, she told me she wanted to paint but settled with this bullshit because she's a weak minded bitch like me
>>
>>28831567
Girl in pic sounds like she's just following Korean suicide culture. They kill themselves more than any other country.

Although plastic surgery girls really have no reason to do so.
>>
>>28831502
the same reason you all still play vidya
>>
I own the secret garden coloring book. My mom got it for me for Christmas because I asked for it (I'm not blowing over $10 on a coloring book). I only have one page 100% finished and I use it weekly. It helps with my anxiety, since it keeps my hands busy. The designs are also great for tracing or using as inspiration in pyrography, if you're into that, or as references in your own art. I just wish I didn't have carpal tunnel so my hands didn't hurt so badly, I just want to color and do my art.
>>
>>28831902
How is hiking kitchy
>>
>>28832411
*kitschy
>>
>>28831502
I saw one of those kaleidoscope ones near the check out and was wondering what the fuck it was. I thought it was some new age 'therapeutic' thing.
>>
File: FEWTCH-49.png (73 KB, 500x355) Image search: [Google]
FEWTCH-49.png
73 KB, 500x355
>>28831502
Undiagnosed mental illnesses I'm sure.
Other than that, terrible and ill-advised decisions coupled with poor parenting. This is all speculation though. I honestly can't pin-point what specifically went wrong.

Maybe nothing went wrong and this is just the way life was meant to be for me.
>>
>>28832502
>People actually like le underwater effect on every song nigger
What the fuck?
>>
File: FEWTCH-41.png (157 KB, 500x640) Image search: [Google]
FEWTCH-41.png
157 KB, 500x640
>>28832519
TAKE THAT BACK, NORMIE! REEEEEEE!
>>
>>28832519
I had to look it up, got the band "futures" at first. I'm always surprised that like 50% of robots like rap. When people post rap threads they are usually pretty good and robots sound pretty confident in their vocaroos, I don't understand it at all. I wouldn't guess that from the posts I see here.
>>
File: autistic mimicry.gif (2 MB, 495x245) Image search: [Google]
autistic mimicry.gif
2 MB, 495x245
>>28832611
That nice beats and anti-social themes soothe our 'tisms tbhq.
>>
>>28832611
I don't like rap. I just can't understand how anyone can like Future at all just like PARTYNEXTDOOR.
>>
>>28831502

What's the issue. It's like jigsaws or puzzles or crosswords or sudoku or boardgames.
>>
>>28831502
(wo)manchildren
>>
File: FEWTCH-44.jpg (65 KB, 540x467) Image search: [Google]
FEWTCH-44.jpg
65 KB, 540x467
>>28832733
>comparing two artists, of completely different calibers, from two completely different genres

Why do normies do this?
>>
>>28832771
The same people who shit on coloring books are the ones who shit on videogames and /tg/ games as being for "manchild virgins."

It's just shitposting.
>>
>>28832794
Both are comparable because they're both shitty rap that uses heavy effects. PARTYNEXTDOOR overproduces the fuck out of his voice and future slaps UNDERWATER LMAO on every song.

Both are garbage and you should feel bad for liking it. Worse than just liking rap in general.

Get cancer desu.
>>
>>28831502
have you ever actually done one of those when on a flight? It keeps you occupied for hours.
>>
File: fire.jpg (48 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
fire.jpg
48 KB, 480x480
>>28832839
Pretty sure PND is a RnB artist, much like TheWeeknd. I'm not familiar with most of his music, but Future uses his voice as an instrument which is pretty standard for a trap-rapper. To compare Futures musical aesthetic, the way he uses his voice in particular, to an RnB artist's is fatuous.
It's like criticizing a clown for not dressing formally.

'UNDERWATER LMAO' is a genre wide trend so your problem lies more with a misconception of the genre and what future is; he isn't just a regular rapper. Future is trap rap and thus, he focuses less on how his voice sounds and more with how it flows into whatever beat he's rapping over.
>>
>>28833075
*PND's music
>>
>>28833075
I don't give a shit what he focuses on. He sounds like a fucking retard. Rap is about lyrics; that's the whole fucking point. Putting your voice through an underwater filter so no one can understand you is the dumbest shit I've ever heard. If he wants to just use his voice as an instrument then just speak gibberish and moan into the microphone. Chop it up like electronic music artists do. Do something fucking interesting with it. Don't just rap normally and then put the underwater filter on.
>>
Why are these things okay with normies now but I still get weird looks when I want to get a lisa frank coloring book. I dont want to color abstract mandalas I want to color cartoon dolphins and shit.
>>
>>28831502
Meh, whatever makes you happy.
>>
>>28832502
>version of the picture that doesnt have shitty artifacts everywhere
disappointed tbqh
>>
>>28831502
It's "art therapy," supposed to be de-stressing and relaxing.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.