[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to live out of your car
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: tumblr_o08fi9jBik1qzwdbco5_1280.jpg (419 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o08fi9jBik1qzwdbco5_1280.jpg
419 KB, 1280x720
>be me, 18
>parents get fed up with my mentally ill ass, tell me to gtfo
>"fine fuk u"

So how do I do it, robots?
>>
Every time somebody posts this, r9k gets mad af. I wonder if it will be different this time.
>>
>>28831419
>get a job
>24/7 gym sub
>shower at gym
>save money for apartment
>free wifi in mcds
>park in forested abandoned areas or church parking lots
good luck
>>
get a job and a cooler you can fill with ice to replace the fridge. learn to wash clothes in a sink. find a comfortable way to sleep and try to ignore the windows.
>>
>>28831419
Buy a handheld radio so you can listen to music when you're at "home". Get a PO box or use a friend's home address. Go find a cheap laundromat for your clothes. Park at Walmart parking lots.

What kind of car do you have OP? I live out of my truck. AMA if you want.
>>
>>28831488
essentially this

also be sure to check real estate prices in your area compared to others in your country. May be your best opportunity to move
>>
>>28831514
Where do you have a sink when you live out of your car? Laundry shops exist.
>>
>>28831514
>wash clothes in sink

Literally why? To save money on quarters? I'm just wondering

I have lived in a truck, now I work in that truck and sleep in a half-broken down van

AMA?

Shower/Shave at Gym, I got a two year pass from Costco 24 hour fitness. No you don't have to be a Costco member, just bought it from googling Costco 24 hour fitness

Eat out all the time, I guess that sucks, but cooking meals for one person is not really efficient either

Police basically know... Don't care
>>
>>28831710
You could probably cook some dank shit with a cast iron skillet and portable gas burner.
>>
>>28831693
>>28831710
sinks are everywhere, in many countries they're legally required and sink washing is pretty normal
>>
>>28831745
But there is the issue of leftovers, etc. I mean even when I am in an apartment I don't consider cooking to be as efficient as its made out to be, but yes I realized I could save money if I tried harder
>>
>>28831795
*cooking for 1 that is
>>
>>28831776
Where do you have unlimited access to a decent sink when you're living out of your car? Don't even try to say "wash your clothes in the sink of a public bathroom". Dumb mf
>>
>>28831885
Well some bathrooms you can lock and stuff, if you look hard enough..

But yes this is overall a bad idea because as other anon said: laundromats exist
>>
>>28831795
Mmmm. Perhaps a small portable electric cooler?

I'm not sure what the options for that are. Could also probably get one that draws from the car battery, but that's a tad dangerous if you are driving a shitbox or even just any casual car. If it's well insulated though, could probably just do some periodic driving throughout the day, and leave it unplugged and might stay cold.

Really, it's kind of a pinch. I'd be curious to hear ideas on this. Living out of a van would be a pretty attractive idea if you could pull this.
>>
>>28831885
anywhere there's water you can wash clothes

in a city that often means a sink
>>
>>28832013
Senpai, just stop.
>>
>>28832001
My battery is already complete shit,

But I do power all my electronics in my car, and I also have a garage rented with power

>inb4 why don't you sleep in there?
cause they would kick me out

There is no way I know of to run a mini fridge all night without using propane or something. But there is some $800 mini-fridges made for RV's that are extremely low power, so I think you could get a lot of use out of one depending on your needs

and btw there is a reddit callde /vandwelling that is all about this, and they are way more into than me.

I have not modified my van in one way since I bought it for $800. I got an illegal smog check and fixed some bullshit and got a portable jump starter cause the battery sucks. I don't want to replace the battery because I don't know what is draining it.

I haven't even changed the seat positions. The back seats were already folded into a bed and I've never even tried to adjust anything.
>>
Just stay at home dipshit, the novelty of living in your car would wear off rather quickly.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.