[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mental Illness
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 8
File: 1462901906111.gif (478 KB, 240x242) Image search: [Google]
1462901906111.gif
478 KB, 240x242
Who /progressively getting worse/ here?

>have schizoaffective disorder
>things have been great for 4 days with no incident
>mom is driving me home from my psychologist visit
>decide to recline in the passenger seat and close my eyes for a few seconds
>open my eyes
>see two postcards and two old photographs of people I have never met pinned to the roof of the car
>after about 3 seconds, they fade away one by one like a movie transition

I've never seen a perfectly real object before like this. I've only ever seen flashes of white light and tracers until today. It was completely impossible to tell it wasn't real at the time. Does this mean I'm getting worse? My auditory Hallucinations are at bay though.
>>
File: despair4.jpg (73 KB, 600x399) Image search: [Google]
despair4.jpg
73 KB, 600x399
BPDfag here.

recently went off the deep end when it comes to depression. don't really give a fuck either. i don't actively want to die but i don't give a fuck about living.

what's the point? we're all just flailing around here for a while then we die.
>>
>>28830929
Sometimes I hear sirens for hours on end and I see faces popping out of th he environment but they disappear, waiting for the day when I completely break from reality
>>
schizoaffective fag here

i've definitely had true hallucinations before, scares the shit out of me every time it happens, but being on antipsychotics should keep that at bay

i wanna go off my antipsychotics but i tried that and had a breakdown cause i thought my soulmate was speaking to me psychicly

being a neet sux, mom always bugging me about getting a job, i wouldn't mind being a hobo desu
>>
OP here again. I apologize for shilling in advance for shilling, but I had to mention something. Ever since I had the first symptoms of my disorder, I acquired a strange intuition for making music. I have never played a musical instrument or taken music theory lessons. Here is an example of what I've made...
https://m.soundcloud.com/user-299220637/fire-and-the-flood-vance-joy-e400-remix

Did I acquire my ability because of schizoaffective disorder? Everywhere I go, I can hear original songs playing in my head, and all I have to do is map it out.
>>
what is this; i've done my best to attract girls and i still can't even get a 1/10 girlfriend

>got fit
>got contacts
>fixed skin
>got good haircut
>moderately wealthy
>majoring in STEM
>>
>>28831209
It's called having autism. I'm sorry, but there is no cure.
>>
>>28831254
ok where is the best place to find other autistic girls
>>
>>28831274
Do what I did: get committed to the psych ward. The girls there don't necessarily have autism, but they're strange as fuck and will accept you.
>>
>>28830929
>ywn get that look from a girl?

What's it like to have a girl attracted to you or love you? I can't even comprehend a girl ever liking me more as just a friendly acquaintance
>>
>>28831292
ok are they generally ugly, is there any way i can get a normal girlfriend
>>
>>28831337
Some of them are fat from antipsychotics, but the other ones in my ward were unusually beautiful. Except there was this one ratty looking 55 year old psychopath (yes, she was actually diagnosed with psychopathy) who offered to fuck me in the middle of the night while my roommate was still there. Gotta watch out.
>>
File: suicide.jpg (91 KB, 532x800) Image search: [Google]
suicide.jpg
91 KB, 532x800
>>28830929
>dissociating myself from friends and family
>cannot describe feelings in words
>sees time backwards and forwards simultaneously
>paranoid as fuck
>feel like I cannot control what I do
>tfw I am in the early stages of schizophrenia
>>
>>28831468
fuck that i've put in the work i should be able to get a normal girlfriend who isn't butt ugly
>>
>>28830929
>who /keeps making same thread with different mental disorders each time here/

It's the same image, same posting style, and a different disorder every time.
>>
>angry most of the time
>feel trapped
>short bouts of random happiness come about for no reason
>end up sabotaging my good efforts because half the time I think it doesn't matter
>hate every single thing about going outside
>too anxious about the doctor judging me to get help
>seeking out depressing media and casually reading about suicide

To be honest I just wish I had some kind of control over how I feel
>>
>>28831538
Fuck, is it possible to develop a more severe mental illness if you've had anxiety and depression for a long time? Like is schizophrenia the end result of being depressed and anxious through your early adulthood? Because I can relate to some of the things you mentioned.
>>
>>28832050
It's possible to develop it, yes, but if you're going to develop that mental illness it has nothing to do with your history of depression, it would have happened anyway.

Most of the symptoms he described aren't exclusive to schizophrenia either, they could be a result of anxiety, strange reactions to depressive states, heaps of stuff. Same as a cough can be proof of either lung cancer, or just a cold, it would be stupid to just assume you've got cancer. These sorts of things are why self diagnosis is retarded, leave it to the psychiatrists to decide what's up with you. There's a reason they get paid to do it and you don't.
>>
intense PTSD/Anxiety/Depression/minor OCD and autism, reporting. I can't go outside without my insides doing flipflops because it feels like I'm going to fall into space, and that's on top of the panic where I feel like I'm losing it constantly. AMA I suppose
>>
File: 1464152007943.jpg (145 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
1464152007943.jpg
145 KB, 1600x900
Rule 34 Effy Stonem plox
>>
>>28830929
I think I have mild ASPD
I can't empathize with people much
I keep lying for no reason
>>
>take therapists advice to start sleeping and eating normally
>stop drinking, fix my diet, start sleeping
>fantasies and obsessions about hurting people has now turned into me making plans on how to carry it out
I was made to be evil yet they tell me I shouldn't want to kill myself.
>>
>>28832168
You don't have ASPD, those two symptoms are nowhere near enough to have a personality disorder, which has to cause pervasive disorder in nearly every aspect of your life. Hence why people with ASPD are 99/100 times junkies that will rip off anyone for no reason except they want more shit, and lie about things even if it's simpler to tell the truth.
>>
>>28831171
dude this is shit. repetitive cymbals and some electronic sounds drowning out the vocals. you did nothing but layer garage band sounds on top of his singing...a 12 year old with no musical experience could do this
>>
>>28831292
NO. There were no girls in the ward except for dykes

All women who aren't violent dykes are stuck in the "vulnerable women's" ward.
>>
>>28831292
>>28832242
Oh, and it doesn't matter.

Expect the girls to faun over normalfag schizophrenic chad

You have no chance if you're ugly, short and socially retarded
>>
File: 1457543197823.jpg (31 KB, 417x425) Image search: [Google]
1457543197823.jpg
31 KB, 417x425
>been seeing the shadow people more often
>bulimia getting worse and worse to the point where I can't hold down any food and horrible acid reflux
>feel robotic and dissociated most of the time
>no one to go to for support
>>
Bipolarfag here
I'm losing control of myself when I get mad or sad. I can't drink because it makes it alot worse. I'm beating myself up because I can't bite my tounge when I'm mad. I ended up making my friend cry because I got upset with him. Its worse when you have a broken heart after what that person said to you. I'm not feeling the greatest about my situation at all but its generally how my bipolar ruins shit for me. Not sure what to say OP but I'm sorry you have to go through this. Mental illness sucks and its worse when you're on the edge of losing your shit. I hope things get better.
>>
>tfw started punching myself in the head when I'm mad

I think I'm falling for the autism meme too hard
>>
File: 1460413732565.png (16 KB, 174x231) Image search: [Google]
1460413732565.png
16 KB, 174x231
>want to cut or bruise self
>can't because pills increase my clotting risk exponentially

thinking about having a huge stroke from a clot just makes the need to hurt myself for relief stronger. kill me senpai
>>
>>28832288

The shadow people are 100% increased by fatigue due to you not eating as much, you seeking help for belima? fatigue and undernarishment can cause psychosis, but you probably know about that and all the health issues.
If you're not american or some weird europoor nation I'm sure there are ways of getting help man, and yeah when you dont eat as much the body gets use to it.

Its like if you eat 4k calories a day, and stop and go to 1.8k you'll feel hungier than a african, you've conditioned your body and you have to gradually go back to a normal caloric intake.

Take care dude, best luck :/
>>
>>28832221
Holy shit. I usually don't let posts here get to me, but this one was truly soul-crushing. I feel horrible now.
>>
>>28832221
It's kind of cool...it's not "shit," I thought it was decent.
>>
>>28832751
I enjoyed it desu but that being said its not "genius"... Something to practice and get better at
>>
>have half a dozen different mental illnesses, allegedly
>big one is schizophrenia, courtesy of my late mother
>it's progressively getting worse, to the point that I could be forced into government care before my daughter turns 18
I'm gonna miss you guys when I finally go off the deep end.
>>
>>28833425
That sucks anon, be sure to give your daughter my number so I can help her get over this terrible thing
>>
>>28833473
My daughter isn't allowed to have sex until she's 40, dammit.
>>
>>28832123
If I feel like I'm about to pass out or die waiting in a line or driving or living is that a symptom of anxiety?
>>
>>28832188
>stop drinking
How
>>
>>28831296
>What's it like to have a girl attracted to you or love you?
life changing, amazing
try to stay open to the possibility as opposed to accepting defeat and don't fuck up when it finally happens
>>
File: 1401066404277.jpg (6 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1401066404277.jpg
6 KB, 200x200
Just got out of hospital after a psychotic episode from depression, on olanzapine now but nothing fro my depression.
i might have schizophrenia or what op has, they couldn't get a clear diagnosis because i only had symptoms for 2 weeks before I went to the hospital.
>>
File: image.jpg (164 KB, 1280x1082) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
164 KB, 1280x1082
OCD here

For the past month I've been wrenching my neck around as a tic, no end in sight, it's really crackly and feels "gummy", the joints are bad, if I turn my head too quickly it hurts send help no end in sight

Also realized I've started doing checking, something I never did before. Time to die.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.