[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Describe your perfect videogame guys
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 9
Describe your perfect videogame guys
>>
Open world MMO FPS with merchants, vehicles, and base building
Or something like this but with pirates instead with customizable ships and a focus on ship combat and sword combat.
>>
VR full body piloting WWII aircraft with battle simulations and multi-player mode. Also realistic effects on the controls and realistic sounds and graphics.
>>
File: 1433853913772.webm (2 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
1433853913772.webm
2 MB, 960x540
A properly done sequel or reboot of FEAR.

I don't know what's so hard with making a decent fps game with good gunplay nowadays.
>>
>>28830104
I would be a kamikaze pilot
>>
>>28829798
Open world sci-fi fantasy space exploration vrmmo with militaries manned completely by players, and open ended goals, with Artificially intelligent NPC's to various degrees, and monsters to fight and alien races and a very open character creator, where everyone is basically equal at the start and has the ability to become actual legend as opposed to "You are the chosen one along with all other players of this mmo".

Basically life as it is only made perfect and then enhanced by everything humans dream of in fiction. A massive shared lucid dream.
>>
File: download (1).jpg (7 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
7 KB, 300x168
>>28829798
something like SAO would be nice
it'll never happen though
>>
1880-1950 Warship simulator
>>
anything short of seamless VR will be a let down, sorry /agdg/uy
>>
>>28829798
Bloodborne but longer and without the gem system.
>>
File: 1447850508576.gif (1 MB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
1447850508576.gif
1 MB, 540x540
open world
romance
VR
action RPG
housing

something like SAO but less gay and flashy.
>>
A game with the story of classic Metal Gear Solid and atmosphere of classic Silent Hill. Not sure how it would work but I want to see it.
>>
>>28830276

This could be pretty damn cool with the correct execution actually.
>>
Spore without EA
>>
STALKER/Fallout esque FPS MMO

Choose a faction from the start and battle for territory (think WoW PvP), high quality gear and guns would need to be scarce of course.

So many details need to be ironed out but it sounds GOTY on paper imo. I have no idea how character progression would work.
>>
>>28830312
SAO has the problem of Two players being chosen to have overpowered abilities by play style and skill alone, out of the entire population of the game. However the AI and game engine that endlessly create VR worlds and campaigns is an interesting idea. Then add in Accel world and personal vr worlds and things and it gets really interesting. It sucks that the tech predicted by SAO is stuck in the world of SAO.
>>
File: Jet_the_Hedgehog.jpg (325 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Jet_the_Hedgehog.jpg
325 KB, 1024x768
>>28829798
Jet Set Radio 3. Also the game comes with a bonus disc with all 3 OSTs and a playable port of Ollie King.
>>
I'm not even into videogames but I think the gamecube controller is objectively the best controller ever invented so far. Down to the smallest detail
>>
File: 1453885771607.png (82 KB, 217x250) Image search: [Google]
1453885771607.png
82 KB, 217x250
Ys: Origin or any good Platformer.
>>
You create a female wrestler. Her outfit, her appearance, her in-ring personality are all your choices. Outside the ring, you have to manage her and build her stats, RPG style, and there is a story where you control many many elements.

And when your character wins, they fuck the loser with a strap-on. When your character loses, well...
>>
I've always wanted to see MAG redone with more maps, none of the ps3 ram limitations, and without Zipper fucking over the mechanics early on and driving away more than half of the game's population.
>>
>>28829798
laying in the grass and looking up at the stars simulator

you can either play on sandbox mode where you can go anywhere you want and even disobey the laws of physics to get to any one grassy spot to lay on, or you can play on hard mode where you have to solve puzzles to get to the best patches and stay out of sight of the popo who will send you back home if they catch you
>>
A really, REALLY solid fantasy RPG, with VR support. By solid I mean "If something can be done in the lore, you can do it too with the right amount of effort". Want to be a lich? Go for it. Becoming a diety's chosen one? Sure. Being the best motherfucking shopkeeper? Sheckle it up friend.
>>
>>28830746
You're thinking like me >>28830251
Though you probably explained it better.
>>
File: 1413410752884.png (769 KB, 919x720) Image search: [Google]
1413410752884.png
769 KB, 919x720
Fantasy mixed with modern and supernatural setting.
Giant magical robots.
Story driven.
RPG elements.
Customization for ships, steads, weapons, armour and home building.
Massive open world.
Lots of strange creatures added to the already large list of fantasy creatures.
Fun hard to beat bosses.
10/10 fantasy soundtracks.
Fun as fuck multiplayer.
No cancerous community.
No micro-transactions.
Great Expansion packs, the way all DLC should be made, and not cut content from a finished game.

So many other elements thrown into the mix that would make it seem as though The Witcher had a baby with Game Of Thrones but Dark Souls came out already hopped up on LSD, speed and cocaine.

It is a fantasy that will never come true.
>>
Well modded Skyrim for me, a lot of guys breathing life into an otherwise dull game. Enjoy playing with RPG elements and new lands
>>
>>28829798
one where I can never get out of
>>
>>28829798
One where if you win you die IRL
>>
A Metroidvania with RPG elements (skill trees, alignment, side quests, different armors/weapons) with the movement and combat of SSB Melee.

Also, something like Dark Souls, but in a dark technopunkish future and with guns, and a soundtrack that's a blend of psychedelic rock and IDM. So basically, EYE Divine Cybermancy, but with better combat/music/everything.
>>
>>28829798
minecraft - shitty combat + factorio
>>
A game where I can craft my own monsters with things I gather from both the environment and battles. Magic Pengel was really fun in the make-your-own-monster way, but I wish there was something else
>>
File: Dawn selling stuff.jpg (533 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
Dawn selling stuff.jpg
533 KB, 1600x900
>>28829798
>Open world.
>Should not have a single cutscene.
>Character customization.
>Modern day setting preferred.
>RPG elements.
>Optional vehicles.
>Combat feels satisfying and you can pick how you fight. Swords, guns, bare hands and spells/energy attacks.
>Can choose how you cast spells, channeled trough weapon or from body/hands.
>Game must have transmogrification so you can choose what you look like while keeping optimal stats.
>Should have a map/world editor to make your own comfy spaces that can be shared with players.
So basically a hybrid between Garry's Mod, World of Warcraft and some elements from Dragonball Xenoverse.
>>
>>28829909
you mean sea of thieves?
>>
>>28830661
nice1
>>28833167
I was about to say "you mean EYE?" but you're defo right that the game could be a lot better

my ideal game

>you can move between different realms, planes of existence or whatever, that's the main power that you have. of course some limit must be put on it to stop abuse
>every realm is procedurally generated, and I mean amazingly good generation where it builds languages and social structures as well as species and landscapes
>no objective, just exploration for its own sake
>people in the worlds act like they should in real life, incredibly powerful AI are created for everyone you interact with
>death is permanent, no saves
>no UI
>time frame of civilization is not set, you could end up in a ancient-world desert of stone buildings, a bustling realm set among the habitable moons orbiting a gas giant where different civilizaitons interact through space travel (all using good physics of course), or anything in between
>>
Slice of life preschool simulation with dating sim elements
>>
File: sad Makoto.jpg (105 KB, 606x858) Image search: [Google]
sad Makoto.jpg
105 KB, 606x858
>>28829798

Dragon's Dogma without all the cut content
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.