[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would you abort your not yet born child if it had down syndrome?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7
Would you abort your not yet born child if it had down syndrome?
>>
>No
Every child is a gift, imo.

>Yes
They will suffer humiliation from others, people can be cruel.

It's a really hard choice.
>>
>>28829742
ISHIGGIDDITYDIGGITYDOO
>>
Yes.
I'd have kids to perpetuate people like me and commit roughly twenty years (10 intensive) to making a really well developed person I'd be proud to have as family and as a friend.

With a down's child I'd make someone unlike me who could never really live up to anything, and spend the rest of my life intensively dedicated to cleaning, feeding, and keeping them safe, then they'd die in their middle ages in an institution.
>>
File: shiggyasian.jpg (18 KB, 236x212) Image search: [Google]
shiggyasian.jpg
18 KB, 236x212
>having children

For what fucking purpose?
>>
>>28829593
True story: Before I was born, my dad apparently told my mum that if she ever gave birth to a downy he "wasn't going to stand for it" and my mother would have to have it adopted or he was going to leave her.

Luckily I got autism, which isn't detectable until it's too late so my Dad couldn't ditch me.
>>
>>28829593
I'd put it up for adoption definitely.
>>
>>28829593
Maybe
There's definitely something to not wanting a kid to grow up and live a shitty short life
Pretty sure retarded kids don't live much past 40 and they have to be under constant surveillance and have help with everything
I would probably do it if they had shit like ms as well
>>
File: dark-sorcerer_00223741.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
dark-sorcerer_00223741.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
There are a few high functioning people with down syndrome. In the end he'll still be smarter than my dog, and I will still love him/her because he/she is my child.

If the kid is anything like me, he/she would be happy to be able to experience the world, instead of being denied of it by his/her own parents because he wasn't as smart and functional as normal humans. If you're having sex with someone own up to your ignorance when your partner gets pregnant, instead of killing your child's life for being a worthless lazy piece of shit
>>
I think I'd attempt to leave it completely in the mothers hands 2bh. Rather than forming and defending an argument for either side I can opt to say "their body, their choice :^)".

If push were to come to shove and they demanded my input I'd consult someone smarter than myself for arguments and make a decision from there. My initial reaction was no, guess that's worth something.
>>
I don't know. What are the circumstances? Am I married with this woman? Do we have other children?

I lean towards don't abort but at the same time I feel like I would.
>>
>>28830166
You are Maried. You have adacuate finances to raise said child.
>>
>>28829593
in a heart beat, yes.

I have a deep seeded hatred for retards. I would gladly stop one from being born if I could.
>>
>>28830548
>Maried
>adacuate
Retard Internet Defense Force?
Are you behind this thread?
You should probably stick to facebook, r9k doesn't really pose a threat to your kind, we don't get to meet girls or have kids.
>>
File: 1456549585547.gif (1 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1456549585547.gif
1 MB, 500x281
Honestly, yes, and I know that makes me a horrible person.

>Work at Walmart
>Every few weeks, an elderly Chinese couple will come in
>Their son has down syndrome
>Both of the parents are the nicest people you could meet
>Feel sad that they can't enjoy their retirement and old age because they have to take care of their son
>>
>>28829593

Probably. Not because I hate retards, but because I am somewhat of a retard to other people and hate life because of it. Although being 80 IQ happy downie seems like the better fate than being a 180 IQ autist or mentally ill person who can never function at a high enough level to do shit with his intelligence.
>>
Yes I would most certainly
>>
File: image.png (335 KB, 785x438) Image search: [Google]
image.png
335 KB, 785x438
>>28829593
Yeah.

Then I'd kill myself.
>>
File: 1460341727978.jpg (16 KB, 608x350) Image search: [Google]
1460341727978.jpg
16 KB, 608x350
My parents should have aborted me.

To answer your question: in a hypothetical scenario, absolutely.
>>
>>28830075
When I was unemployed I wanted to kill myself whenever I saw someone with downs working a job.

I dont know how welfare fags dont kill themselves
>>
>>28831438
I have never seen a retarded Chinese person.
>>
>>28829593
Yes because I would not have the resources and patience to provide a supportive environment for them. Sweet mercy of early death is better than a life time of suffering for them, too.
>>
>>28829593
Yeah
If i had prior knowledge and there is still time
It would have to be done
>>
Yes.
I'm all for being kind and supporting those with disabilities, but we shouldn't knowingly make more.
>>
>>28832652
>When I was unemployed
>I dont know how welfare fags dont kill themselves
What happened to the IQ around here?
>>
ideally, i probably should
realistically, i might not
>>
There are people out there who will pay you money to adopt your Down's child. I don't understand it myself but I would rather not life when there are people out there who find it valuable.
>>
>>28829872
and what if it never gets adopted?
at least with abortion it stand the chance of suffering for years
>>
>>28834256
*doesn't stand the chance of suffering for years
>>
File: 183ob861iy0ckjpg.jpg (81 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
183ob861iy0ckjpg.jpg
81 KB, 800x600
I have a down syndrome sister. It is fucking horrible. I would have wanted to be killed if I was born like that. My mom is nearing 80 and still tries to bring her home on the weekends and she tries to bath her, wipe her ass, my mom is too old, and my aging mentally retarded downs sister is aging and is extremely heavy.

But the truth is, to any more intelligent beings, we, our species are drooling retards. Unable to overcome our innate instinctual desire for the drug release of orgasm into our brains. Obsession of sex has taken over every aspect of society.

To any slightly more advanced intelligent beings, the human race is nothing but drooling unevolved retarded primates.

Do you know what the second smartest man in the world spends 16 hours a day doing? he spends all of his free time designing and practicing taking I.Q. tests so that he can beat the worlds smartest recorded man.

Perhaps we would need to push past the 200 I.Q. mark, perhaps even 300-400 I.Q. to see a difference among our mongoloid sex zombie species. To obtain a mastery over instinct.
>>
That's a very easy yes. I don't give a fuck about children and if I ever got a girl pregnant we would be at the abortion clinic minutes later.
>>
I really think abortion is bad but it really should be permitted in special cases, like rape, it's defective, or female.
>>
>>28834334
That's some low quality bait, friendo
>>
>>28834350

Whats low quality? Keep in mind I am not that person but human life is amazing and a gift.

I dont know if most of the morons in this thread truly understand downs syndrome, most of the people with downs don't live long into adulthood because there are alot of heart and circulatory defects that go along with it. There are functional downs people.

In cases where life will not be viable or extremely distressful I don't see why a parent shouldnt be able to choose to not put the child through suffering.

I don't believe that we are designed to cause or prolong suffering.
>>
>>28834334
>>28834455
>what is China's autist and female infanticide
>>
>>28829593
Hell yes. People with downs are a burden and I can't watch a child of mine fail to mentally develop past the age of 3
>>
>>28834210
I agree but the exact opposite for both arrows
>>
>>28834455
The bait was saying abortion is bad on here. I wish I had been aborted. Bringing a child into this awful world is just cruel. If you think otherwise then you must have had a great life and therefor do not belong here. Go back to normiebook and complain about Trump some more with the others of your kind.
>>
I would say yes being disconnected from it with no feelings since it's hypothetical. But if it came down to it in reality I'd probably keep it. I just couldn't bring myself to kill my own child. If the woman wanted to abort there'd be nothing I could do to stop it and that'd be painful as well. Still, keeping it you'd have a life of torment. Not only because of the difficulties of raising a child with that condition but also the constant worry of how they'll get by after you're dead and gone.
>>
> Implying I will ever get the chance to do the sex to even have such a thing happen.
>>
>>28829593
I'd still abort it if it DIDN'T have downs
>>
Yes, for perfection to thrive, taint must be culled.
>>
>>28829593
Yes. Without hesitation. Disabled people are a burden to everyone around them.
>>
Yes. Definitely. Don't want to be more of a failure desu desu
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.