[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I think the body acceptance movement is mostly a good thing,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: mens-health-5-may-2013.jpg (124 KB, 1008x1327) Image search: [Google]
mens-health-5-may-2013.jpg
124 KB, 1008x1327
I think the body acceptance movement is mostly a good thing, but...
I noticed that whenever people talk about body acceptance, they only really are talking about the woman side of things, yet both genders feel self-conscious about their bodies, both genders are judged for their physical appearances.
It's like the male experience of suffering is seen as less important, or it's assumed that men are better able to cope with hardship, and that is bullshit considering most suicides are done by men.
Men, too, have body image issues and if women are constantly re-assured that "they are beautiful as they are", then the same should be done for males.
>>
>>28829230
>I think the body acceptance movement is mostly a good thing
yeah, no
>>
>>28829230
if men needed to be treated like women, or were treated like women are they would no longer be men. And if men aren't men, what kind of world would this be?

Why would a man want to be treated like a lady. Go get a sex change then. Men are men, they should be treated like men, not treated like a delicate flower that needs to be reassured 24/7. Its this harshness that have moulded men into what they are today, unfortunately the sissification has already begun.
>>
>>28829230
That's a male power fantasy. You created it, you fix it.
:^)
>>
Men are expected to be the hard workers OP.

We're expected to be well defined gods for the masses of porkers with too high standards. Its a shit deal but thats life.
>>
File: trumpepepistol.png (330 KB, 401x547) Image search: [Google]
trumpepepistol.png
330 KB, 401x547
>all bodies are beautiful
>fat women are good looking
>real mean love rolls

>short men need do die
>creepy guys need go die
>>
>>28829230
>body acceptance
Everything in life is a dice roll. This makes lucky people feel guilty. To make themselves feel better, they comfort unlucky people.

That's all there is to body acceptance. Some people inferior or were raised with inferior health habits. No complexity. Nothing than can be changed.
>>
So what either way? Women get their heads pet like pups when they feel bad about themselves because in this world non-attractive women are the same as an useless dead body. Ugly men can amount to great things, many artists and scientists, warriors and leaders were ugly as sins. About body acceptance, if the aesthetic standard of beauty for a man is a ripped man, why don't you try to get ripped if it's bothering you so much? In the end, women have to do a whole more ton of shit including make up and clothing and grooming and cleaning to look like the idea we have of what a woman must be like, while all we have to do is get strong. We can be strong and still be hairy, smelling and orc-behaving. Ain't a man supposed to be strong, after all?

I personally started getting fit because I had terrible anger issues and some guy told me that he was like that and used lifting as a way to canalize all that unhealthy rage. Getting in shape makes people think higher of you than if you were skelly or fat as fuck. Right now I'm kind of the ultra-pale, tattooed skinhead type (skinhead as in the style), but at least I got a good shape. Other men respect you more when you are strong. Girls enjoy being close to a man who is physically strong as well.
>>
>>28829450
>In the end, women have to do a whole more ton of shit
Women literally just have to be not fat.

That is literally it. Thats all. An ugly as sin skinny woman will still get laid before her twenties.
>>
>>28829471
that's what they allow you to see
Catch a woman who doesn't wear make-up, doesn't shave armpits and legs, doesn't trim facial hair, doesn't wear perfume, doesn't have a sense of fashion and doesn't know how to properly behave and see if she's not treated as a mental patient.
>>
>be a man
>man up
>take it like a man
"Equality" is not applicable for men. If you're in the top chad tier, you become the metric by which all men are treated when it comes to something negative. Nobody cares if you're suffering, because chad isn't. So you should just act like a man and get over it.
>>
This is mere common sense, however, since women and minorities cling oh so desperately to their victim card in order to get free privilegem they NEVER acknowledge the "cis hetero white man" side of things because, apparently, we lead absolutely perfect problem free lives by virtue of our birth "privileges".

So, when you say that men have self image issues, they will simply (and have made that point) make a point that these images are created by men, by the patriarchy as a tool of oppression against women because a strong build is a symbol of male dominance, therefore, oppression of the woman, so, in the end, they always flip it around and put the blame on, once again, straight white men and their evil patriarchy and, so, your pleas for change and help are thrown into the garbage to be ignored forever. That and "hurr durr male power fantasy".

The one thing you need to understand about modern matriarchal progressive liberal society is that if you are not a minority or a woman, you won't be heard for jack shit. Rape against men is still not taken seriously by the court and some batshit insane women legit think that a man who was raped and tries to press charges is an oppressor trying to undermine "real" victims of rape.

>>28829255

I think he means it in the sense that someone is better off accepting their body image at first before they even hope to change it and if, after accepting it, they are fine with it, then fine by me and the rest of society, unless it gets into the morbidly obese or skinny territory, in which case it is a mental illness that must be treated.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.