[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>In March 2016, Blizzard decided to change a victory pose
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7
File: Overwatch_controversy.png (492 KB, 714x548) Image search: [Google]
Overwatch_controversy.png
492 KB, 714x548
>In March 2016, Blizzard decided to change a victory pose of the female character Tracer. A player had expressed concerns through the official online forum that the pose was an example of inappropriate sexual objectification of an otherwise friendly and heroic character. The thread regarding the pose gained significant attention. Blizzard game designer Jeffrey Kaplan revealed in later interviews that concerns about the pose had previously been expressed internally. Members of the gaming community had mixed reactions to the change, expressing both appreciation of Blizzard's recognition of this problem and disappointment at Blizzard's apparent yielding of creative authority. The pose was replaced in the beta, before the game's launch.

Why is this allowed?
>>
right is better becaus t&a
>>
Who cares new one is better. It's a common pinup pose often used on British aircraft in WW2
>>
I never got the point of the change. She's still showing off her ass. What's different about it?

Unless that was the point. Everyone thinks they won.
>>
>>28826479
they did this for promotion reasoning
orginal evil plan mate
orginal
>>
what even is overwatch

i have masturbated to this character but i don't know what it is
>>
The new pose is honestly better, and more fitting of the character. The original complaint is honestly pointing out a very trivial, but creative flaw.

The whole argument of sexual objectification I don't really care about though.
>>
>>28826651
It's a meme factory.
>>
The one on the right makes me hornier.
So much for sexual justice.
>>
>>28826651
a game that /v/ tards feel will take over TF2 for some reason
>>
>>28826479

She's literally just standing with her back to the camera.

They altered the game in favor of mentally ill people.
>>
>>28826651
Tf2 with waifus
>>
>>28827362
Everyone involved in the controversy is mentally ill. It's a video game.
>>
>>28826651
TF2 for casuals. So casualized that even non-gaming scrubs like SJWs can pick up and play.
>>
File: 1459718226829.png (1 MB, 900x3562) Image search: [Google]
1459718226829.png
1 MB, 900x3562
>>28827362
they tried to appeal to SJWs but it backfired horrendously and they had to go back on their word.
>>
It was not that it was sexual, it was that it didn't fit her character, she is a more "fun". So they changed her to a fun pin up pose.
>>
>>28827580
the person that complained about it said it was sexual and it didnt fit her character, and blizzard basically agreed.
what i find funny is that her salute pose has her ass sticking out way more
>>
File: sexist games.png (1 MB, 970x5502) Image search: [Google]
sexist games.png
1 MB, 970x5502
Because women (and SJWs) don't want anyone else to have fun
>>
>>28826651
tf2 with league of legends characters
>>
>>28826651
The good version of meme fortress 2.
>>
>>28827906
even women don't like other women. notice how its only ever a single woman destroying a guild. that one woman is probably making sure no other females get in and split the attention up.
>>
>>28827986
Is that how you're supposed to thank your healers?
>>
>>28828045
>tfw I used to have a guild on a different mmorpg that consisted mainly of women who used to all fight for my attention

Fuck me those were the days. I would just have like 10 girls at a time standing watching me train my character while trying to chat to me, it was fucking ridiculous. I had all kinds of gifts sent to me, nudes, two flew over to have sex with me with a third ready with the money to but I denied her since I then for some reason spiraled into mad depression and ended it all.

That's what being British playing on an American server got you back in the old days.
>>
>>28827684
>salute pose has her ass sticking out way more

post pls
>>
>>28828176
how else would you thank them? healer are born sluts
>>
File: actual healers.png (238 KB, 510x763) Image search: [Google]
actual healers.png
238 KB, 510x763
>>28828176
You're not supposed to thank healers. All healers want is nasty smelling cocks to heal so as long as they are healing you, they are happy.
>>
>>28827525
but tf2 is for casuals
>>
>>28826479
the new pose is cuter, and surprisingly more sexualized anyway. I doubt it was actually changed because some SJW got mad, the SJWs just want you to believe that they have some kind of control. the original pose has an unfinished look to it as well
>>
File: tracer-overwatch3-1200x788.jpg (137 KB, 1200x788) Image search: [Google]
tracer-overwatch3-1200x788.jpg
137 KB, 1200x788
>>28828408
see pic related

original ass
>>
File: wizard wrath.jpg (125 KB, 396x385) Image search: [Google]
wizard wrath.jpg
125 KB, 396x385
>>28828340
>tfw the waifu material is whats making the game popular

cmon its not the game obviously there is aimbots for fucks sake

as a long time tf2 player the attention its getting pisses me off like when you tell a joke in class and no one laughs then stacy says it and everyone loses their sides

couldn't go to taco bell because of overwatch, heavy deserves to be on that cup not that slut tracer
>>
>>28828446
yeah of course it's the waifus. i can still play tf2 for free so i don't really care either way. tf2 will always be the ultimate robot game
>>
>>28828446
Dude, TF2 is the much better game honestly.

Got bored as shit of overwatch during the open beta. Random matchmaking and random maps are cancer, no matter how fun the classes are.
>>
>>28826651
some Blizzard game that only got the attention it has because Blizzard has retardedly devoted fans, /v/ thinking it will kill tf2, and waifus

i honestly haven't heard much about it beyond the waifus
>>
2nd pose is better because you can tell it's female. I thought the 1st was supposed to be a gay man.
>>
>>28828942
she not even thick to be honest brr[eown
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.