[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does one acquire the will to break away from people? I still
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: 9876.jpg (30 KB, 240x320) Image search: [Google]
9876.jpg
30 KB, 240x320
How does one acquire the will to break away from people?

I still seek for human relationships (friends,family,lovers,etc.) but I know I can never hold it in my hands, I force myself into social situation (online, no so much so offline) and I hate it. I don't understand how to be "normal" I just copy what normal people do and hope am doing an okay job.
and I tend to be the one that initiate conversations but honestly I just don't see the point of it anymore.

should I just ghost everyone?
it seems like it's the best way to disappear than outright deleting them.
people can just forget I ever existed and I can be just like the person I was before.
but at the same time I'll be awfully lonely.

things are confusing, and I am contradicting myself.
I wish I can be more decisive when it comes to these things.
>>
File: 1464014962850.jpg (41 KB, 512x448) Image search: [Google]
1464014962850.jpg
41 KB, 512x448
Bump, please respond to me.
>>
poor confused anon
>>
>>28825397
cute ladyboy, didn't read your post though
>>
File: 1464011642115.jpg (56 KB, 563x483) Image search: [Google]
1464011642115.jpg
56 KB, 563x483
>>28825684
I am very much so confused, please offer guidance

>>28825729
It's a girl.
>>
Live on the countryside
It worked for me
No social interaction besides with the guys that i sell my soy to and some native americans trying to invade my property
>>
>>28825397
>I tend to be the one that initiate conversations but honestly I just don't see the point of it anymore
Why not?
Someone has to initiate, if neither of you initiate how are you supposed to connect.

You sound nice, not the type of person who should dwell in absolute seclusion. It's probably that you haven't found someone you can connect to yet, so you're lonely regardless. At least by making yourself available you have a greater chance of meeting someone like that.

>things are confusing, and I am contradicting myself.
I wish I can be more decisive when it comes to these things.
iktf, I used to hate myself because of it. We are hypocritical but that isn't a terrible thing, just recognise that making a decision is better than no decision. Life is about taking risks.

Don't break away, the numbness isn't worth what you give up in return.
>>
>>28825397
How old are you OP?
I'm 30 and I just ghosted everybody because I got sick of looking at everyone else's life on facebook where I just posted memes and kek'd. Nobody ever paid any attention to me or hit me up, maybe I could have made an effort but I always feel annoying when i do so and they COULD have made an effort with me.

But I would rather be alone than with people who drink and do drugs anyways, don't need to go back into that life again.

So yeah, you can ghost and delete your facebook, or you can deactivate it, or you can leave it up and go on hiatus.

In addition to that I've let my phone card expire so no phone over the summer, one less thing to carry on me and good riddance. You seem cool OP so I want to help you with my experience.
>>
File: 1455900025357.jpg (737 KB, 2000x1449) Image search: [Google]
1455900025357.jpg
737 KB, 2000x1449
Hey OP, I did the whole ghost thing. I didn't have to expend my energy talking to them but I feel a great deal of shame about it, it might be better for you to just 'wind down' the rate of conversations, and since you always message first, wouldn't be too hard.

Your pic reminds me of a girl I met that proved to me that even though women are the way they are, there's women who are good and kind people. .. I ghosted her too.
>>
>>28825397

you know nevada-tan is my age, I wonder what she looks like now. too bad they never released her real name. killer chicks are hot, like alyssa bustamante
>>
BAMPBAMPBAMP

MORE GHOSTING STORIES

MORE TALES OF BECOMING A LONER

MORE ORIGINAL CONTENT C'MON STEP IT UP
>>
POST MORE YOU FAKE FUCKING FAGGOT ROBOTS I SWEAR TO GOD

EVERY TIME I JOIN A THREAD IT FUCKING DIES

THIS IS WHY I STICK WITH 8CH NET /R9K/

I'D RATHER KEK WITH THE REAL ROBOTS THAN MEME WITH YOU GIGANTIC FAGGOTS

ROOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
>>28826405
I ghosted everyone a long time ago. Went to live in the woods, not kidding, almost 5 years now. Became very ill. Living with family again. they don't even care about or maybe they don't even think the woods story is real. I have a house and everything and basically disappeared for 5 years and they also think my illness is fake because a couple of tests came back negative. I can't even trust these people to phone an ambulance if I were to suddenly loose consciousness or have a seizure which I think happened when I was still living alone.
>>
>>28826675
Why'd you leave your house?
I got in some shit and I'm living with senpai while going to uni. Stopped hanging with people because everyone is either a barfly or druggie and we grew apart too I guess.
>>
>>28826764
my previous batch of friends were also druggies/drunks. I can't afford medical expenses so I am forced to turn to my shitty family who never once tried to contact me in the 5 years i've been on my own. It was actually quite easy to just go live on my own. I felt iust as alone by myself as I do with my family/druggie friends
>>
>>28826889
Must have been more peace of mind though, I feel like I can't think when people are in my house so I just zone out on the computer for hours because I can't be productive.
But you've kept the shitty friends away, yes?
>>
>>28826993
>>28826993
yes, but I moved far away from them. I think maybe somehow my withdrawal from people made me physically ill even though I felt pretty good about living like a mountain man. I mean I have neighbors but I don't know them. Anyway, I guess we kinda break in true isolation
>>
>>28827265
Or perhaps that is where we truly find ourselves.

I was getting some level of interaction from uni at least from my professors but generally disregarded students. It was actually nice being 10 years older than everyone so I wasn't bothered much with anyways.

I'm just feeling completely antisocial and would prefer not to bother with people again unless it involves something that must be done.

I hate being invited to things though, my mother is renting a cabin on the lake and I don't think I will be going because her friends entire family will be in a cabin too and she will want me to play nice. I just DGAF :)
>>
>>28827407
it sucks being dependent. friends/family/strangers. yet I've come to believe we only exist because of others so we always reach out to others to prove our own existence. Death never ever crossed my mind even when I was fucking around with all manner of drugs and stupid shit but now I'm sometimes to scared to sleep because I think I might not wake up.

In short, isolate yourself to isolate your problems. ask yourself if you're ready to die, if not start living and at the very least treat people as a resource. allmost all people like/want to help
>>
>>28825397
Stop talking to the people that don't matter
If that is everyone, then so be it
Find things you love doing, find things you are passionate about
Pursue those passions
You'll meet people who share your passions along the way, then you can have friends again, and this time it will be real friends
But it has to be about the passion, not about the friends
>>
>>28827729
damn that sounds like some evangelion type shit, idk I would just try to stay busy if I had my own place, along with work. But it must have been different being by yourself in the woods (assuming you were neet)

I'm still not to keen on people but I'll mull it over, I just don't have the energy or the drive to even pretend they mean a thing (family aside)

I've been to jail and prison several times and almost nobody wrote. I didn't care about that so much; what pissed me off more than anything was the lies, people telling me "oh I didn't know where to write." Completely unacceptable and it's better without any of them.

Also a number of females have pissed me off to the point where I'm completely done with them, even if I've known them for 10 years and once was close, the shit isn't worth it and they'll never have a chance to do me dirty again.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.