[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will getting a gf make the sadness go away?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6
File: 1459712210959.jpg (77 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1459712210959.jpg
77 KB, 500x500
Will getting a gf make the sadness go away?
>>
>>28824684
No. It really won't.
>>
>>28824684
You got it wrong
First you make your sadness go away and then you get a gf, not the other way around.
>>
>>28824684
Heres what it did for me.

>Made me happier.
>Made me have way more energy
>Made me productive at work
>Made me ambitious
>Made me more confident
>Made me more social

Then she broke up with me and everything fell apart to worse then it was before.
>>
Helped me
But then it got worse after she left
>>
Please refer to worst girl
>>
>>28824709
this
no one will love you if you dont love yourself
>>
>>28824796
But that's bullshit. You just have to be good-looking and people will love you even if you are suicidal.

Now if you're suicidal, have a shit personality, and you're ugly, then yeah, you're fucked. But don't tell me that "DUR U GOTTA LOVE URSELF FIRST" bullshit, because most people who hate themselves have girlfriends/boyfriends anyway.
>>
>>28824859
>because most people who hate themselves have girlfriends/boyfriends anyway.
not for long
and even if it lasts, its toxic and destructive
believe me
>>
>>28824890
>if you dislike yourself and you are in a relationship then your relationship is toxic and destructive
Not any more-so than other relationships. Just go find emo teens. Most of them have relationships that are no more "destructive" than the relationships of "mentally-sound" people.

Disliking yourself is perfectly normal to a certain degree, and even people who dislike themselves to harmful levels still manage to have relationships. It doesn't make it easier, of course, but it doesn't make it that much harder.

If you hate yourself, and you can't get a girlfriend, then NOT hating yourself will not mean you can suddenly get a girlfriend.

Money, good-looks, a good personality, and confidence will help someone get a girlfriend a thousand times more than not hating yourself ever will.
>>
>>28824944

>Money, good-looks, a good personality, and confidence

So everything you don't have?
>>
It depends. If you're genuinely mentally ill it won't help much, it definitely didn't for me. Dated 1 girl in my entire life for about three months and We had a mutual breakup because I was clearly too fucked up to date seriously. I didn't even really care desu, never felt upset or anything. If you just sad cause you want a gf it will probably help you.
>>
File: .jpg (69 KB, 683x340) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
69 KB, 683x340
The only thing that'll make the sadness go away is power.
>>
>>28825000
I have money, a good personality and I can be confident at times. I can get a girlfriend. Just not a girlfriend with a good personality that I am interested in.

I am unsatisfied with my life, and it definitely shows. But it doesn't matter because I have money, I'm funny, and I am not a quivering mess 100% of the time.
>>
>>28824859
Still got it wrong. Loving yourself is necessary but not sufficient in order to get a gf. And besides, good looking people get appreciated hence they love themselves already.
>>
No, but a bf will.
>>
>>28824684
Nope. No. Hahahah, no.

You see, any girl that's willing to enter a relationship with you will either be disgustingly fat, mentally ill, or an abusive, manipulative cunt. Probably all three.

They won't make anything better. They will ruin your life and make you think it was all your fault from the beginning. Trust me, no matter how shitty your life is, no matter how bad you feel, a woman can and WILL make it worse. I guarantee it.
>>
>>28824684
Hell no girls are human garbage you have to tolerate to get your dick wet.
>>
File: 1463277992057.jpg (60 KB, 476x687) Image search: [Google]
1463277992057.jpg
60 KB, 476x687
Nothing makes the sadness go away.
>>
>>28824684
A gf doesn't solve existential dread or incompetence. The honey moon phase is great but after that you are back to your old shitty self
>>
>>28826180
Really does seem like any flavor of happiness eventually fades after some time (few years tops).
>>
>get gf when I'm 15
>the pain and sadness go away
>2 years later she tells me she doesn't love anymore leaves
>worse off than before
it's been 8 years since, still haven't recovered. i feel like i lost my savior
>>
I dont think so.
There is a reason why you are sad, and unless you really luck out and find a great partner that sees some potential in you, the saddness is going to ruin the relashionship and you will feel even worse.
>>
File: Maslow's_hierarchy_of_needs.svg.png (408 KB, 2000x1309) Image search: [Google]
Maslow's_hierarchy_of_needs.svg.png
408 KB, 2000x1309
>>28824709
>>28824796
NO YOU STUPID NIGGERS YOU HAVE IT BACKWARDS!!!!! NOTICE LOVE IS BELOW SELF ESTEEM.... fucking normal faggots
>>
Yep! But then when you lose them you feel worse than before..
>>
>>28824684
Nothing will ever make the sadness go away.

There. You're free.
>>
>>28826735
How is sex on the same level as breathing?
>>
>>28826964
It's not, faggot.
>>
>>28827018
ignore this I mixed up sex and sexual intimacy
>>
>>28824684
I hope that I can make my bf's sadness go away, like he does mine. I like seeing his smile.
>>
>>28824715
This is how it will go
>>
>>28827110
You were both depressed and bonded over being depressed?
>>
sorry to hijack a thread but not making a new one...

>see cute girl in office (6-7/10, solid rear, DFC, blonde)
>kind of like her from the get go
>make eye contact, DURING THE INITIAL INTERVIEW with managers while touring the office
>get hired but never see said girl again
>x-mas party
>distance stare catches
>never again till summer
>summer party
>teach her beer pong not even realizing its her
>Find out she is daughter to one of the owners
>join a office running club, turns out she started it
>starts off with funny "hey! are you going today to so and so?"
>its builds slowly
>find her on a dating site, she is single, try to converse but she doesn't really buy in
>ever response was "haha" followed with short answers
>I assume this means not interested.
>over 6 months we go from "hellos" to trying to converse
>currently losing a lot of weight for a office competition (15lbs so far)
>she starts talking to me in the kitchen yesterday
>having trouble looking at her because I'll fall hard....
>get interrupted by office crazy athletic fags that are in her department into other conversations
>she waves at me while running and or is in reasonable proximity to me during running

I don't know robots... I could potentially lose my job by developing this but at the same time, if I could, I don't think I would regret it. Summer BBQ is a few months away. If things progress as is could this work? or am i delusional? when I tried to talk to her online it was a no go. so... do I do this? Do I ask her out in the near future?
>>
>>28827798
you're delusional, this shit is all in your head
>>
girls dont make me happy. my problem is myself. when shes talk to me about things it helps
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.