[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does money = happiness?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: 1458378239310.jpg (590 KB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
1458378239310.jpg
590 KB, 1280x1280
Does money = happiness?
>>
>>28823069
For many people yes even if it's just a means to an end.
>>
File: 6270.jpg (31 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
6270.jpg
31 KB, 720x720
Yes unless you fuck it up.
Notch is a good example
>He sold Minecraft&Mojang for 2billion
>He sold the game and company that he loved to make
>He is sad thanks everyone from Mojang hating him now for selling the company to Microsoft
>He is sad since his wife left him since she was scared of someone who has that much money
>He is sad since he has no friends in LA where he bought a house for 70million
Now he just shitposts on twitter while being a lot richer than everyone who he triggers
>>
>>28823315
You just have an axe to grind with Notch. The man is based.
>>
File: 4534.jpg (52 KB, 560x600) Image search: [Google]
4534.jpg
52 KB, 560x600
>>28823340
I dont really understand what you mean, he is may based but he is still sad over this things.
>>
>>28823069
Having money certainly makes life easier, which is conducive to happiness. But it isn't happiness in and of itself. Being stressed out about money can't be good for your mental state, but if you can comfortably afford everything you need and have a decent level of security, there's not much more money can do for you. In fact, being mega-rich could probably be quite isolating in its own way.
>>
File: 2578.jpg (40 KB, 846x1053) Image search: [Google]
2578.jpg
40 KB, 846x1053
>>28823399
>People who want money dont have it
>People who have money dont want it
I wish i was born as a richfag
>>
>>28823069
Yes, and people who say that it isn't are sour grapes.
>>
>>28823069
no but it makes life easier

happiness = reality - expectation
>>
>>28823443
>People who have money dont want it
they act like it maybe
>>
>>28823443
I don't know how true that is. I don't have much money at all. Now is probably one of the best times to be poor or lower middle class. You can afford to eat well, entertain yourself, travel etc. etc. for fairly cheap.

Of course, I wouldn't say no to being given millions because, like I said, it would make things easier, but I believe I can still be comfortable and happy without it.
>>
>>28823399
Studies have shown income's effect on happiness really peters off after $80k a year. That said studies also show poverty and the resultant worrying basically makes you lose 10 IQ points. But everybody's different, I have grand ideas on what I would do if I had money.
>>
>>28823523
That sounds about right. I have no idea what I'd do with a lot of money, but being a poorfag student for three years counting every penny, I'd be pretty happy just to end up with the average salary sometime in the foreseeable future.
>>
>>28823069
no, but it helps
>>
>The only people who say money doesn't bring happiness are poorfags.

If you are rich, you can get to go wherever the fuck you want, buy the best computer possible, and can pretty much do anything.
>>
>>28823069

No if you have money, but yes if you don't.
I have hundred of thousands of $hekels but I'm a Wizard and likely will never get married. Yet I wouldn't trade my place with a guy who has nothing.
Life's but a big joke.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.