[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What has happened to our society that young people live with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 143
Thread images: 25
File: wsj.jpg (125 KB, 655x643) Image search: [Google]
wsj.jpg
125 KB, 655x643
What has happened to our society that young people live with theirr parents?
>>
We weren't taught shit on how to function in society. We were fed lies that we could be whatever we wanted and, surprise surprise, when the social media boom happened, more people opted for instant gratification through social validation.

This is the fault of society. It's going to have to deal with the consequences that they created with the millenial generation.
>>
>>28820900
Well, it's too expensive for me to live alone for one.
I have no reason to move out.
Any potential roommates are lazy and unreliable shits.
Any potential wives are a huge gamble.
>>
A lot of things.

Women's sexual "liberation" happened at the same time that social "justice" rose and jobs started being given to either migrants or automated.

Basically not many men can even find a job to support a wife let alone a wife. Just wait until cab driving, taxis, and service industries get automated. Unless we radically change our system before that happens its going to be bad.
>>
america has this obsession with "when you're 18, yer out"
in europe its really not that big a deal
>>
i work at Mcdonalds. our contract ended, so they closed our store and i got a transfer. i went from getting 4-5 days a week, to now i'm only scheduled 1 day a week.
nothing changed on my end and nothing has been in my control, i work the same, attitude the same, everything consistent.
now i work further away, make less and the commute is longer.

>tfw they call me every single day on my days off and i don't go in
this is how stupid and corrupt these people are. they schedule me for 1 day when they actually need me. they don't want to pay their own employees, even if they're reliable, it's embarrassing and demoralizing.
>>
>>28820900
people are so far up their asses worshipping technology as the ultimate solution to everything that they're okay with turning reality into a pavlovian-conditioning fueled virtual hellscape, all to preserve their precious sentience/consciousness, nevermind the fact that they're only doing so because they're biologically programmed to through natural selection to avoid death at all costs. this is what the best of humanity has to offer. no thank you.

i don't care about owning a plot of land. it's retarded ego masturbation.
>>
>>28820900
perfectly normal in 90% of the world. only americans think its weird
>>
>>28820900
Single generation homes are capitalist ideology. In reality, this is unsustainable -- it would be impossible for every young person to own their own plot of land, especially if you consider the entire world of 7 billion people. Shaming young people into squandering their savings early in their life by paying rent to landlords instead of living in a mutually beneficial arrangement with their landowning parents ensures that they'll be obedient little wageslaves for the rest of their life.
>>
A global recession.
>>
>>28820900
expeling your sons and daughters at the age of 18 only fuels drug abuse prostitution and camwhoring, 21+ is a better age
>>
Why not live with your parents? It's free housing man, and it's not like I'm ever going to get a gf anyway.
>>
I'm hispanic.

Sorry you arent getting more shekels out of me, Mr. Goldstein.
>>
>>28820900
A combination of bad parenting by Boomers and the growing pains of globalization.
>>
>>28821120
>america has this obsession with "when you're 18, yer out"

And now jews are butthurt because that means less people are "independent" which means less people renting their own apartment, paying their own water/electric/cable/etc bills, making a car payment, etc.

It's all about money.
>>
Firstly, it's expensive as fuck. Secondly it's hard to find decently paying jobs. Even with your college debt degree.
>>
I'm almost 30 and let me tell you off and on since 06 I have struggled to live on my own without some sort of help. when my friends went to nc and I got fired I was forced to move back with my mom and she was a fucking bitch. had to pay her 150 bucks a week even though I had shittier jobs and no car to go to school. by the grace of my gf/now wife I escaped, but the fact remains you just (unless you have made parents and can get into college easily and THEN get a good job after that) you are probably fucked. it's horrible
>>
>rising costs of living
>not many jobs

I am 25 and still live with my parents, mostly cause I don't have a job. My brother who is 27 lives at home as well too, he is having trouble moving out because it just costs too much.
>>
>>28821608
>Shekels
>Mr Goldstein

>>>/pol/

/pol/'s that way senpai
>>
>>28820900
Well first off all nuclear families are literally American, other parts of the world you lived at home until you found a wife/husband then immediately moved out.
And young people are too busy hooking up rather than being in relationships so when you think they would find someone in college or high school and move in together it doesn't happen
Lastly college is so fucking expensive that you are forced to live at home or suffer debt
>>
>>28821728
yea that's an important thing to note. Moving out as a single person has always been rare. Traditionally in my country you didnt move out until you were engaged.
>>
File: 1464038523320.png (453 KB, 509x809) Image search: [Google]
1464038523320.png
453 KB, 509x809
because everyone is taugh "don't settle for someone, try and date the richest person you can" except 90% of us are fucking poor as shit and can't get out of wageslaving. most of the time wageslaves don't want to date other wageslaves and even if they do the to of their incomes combined aren't enough for even a shitty run down apartment. For some reason these people doing these studies don't seem to understand the huge difference between minimum wage and living wage.
>>
>>28820900
Bad job outlooks for most young people, most people who are working low end jobs are better off living with their parents until they're financially dependent enough.

It's always idiots who get out of high school and move out immediately who are broke as shit.
>>
File: You vs Them.jpg (1010 KB, 3112x3461) Image search: [Google]
You vs Them.jpg
1010 KB, 3112x3461
>>28821876
the only solution is the destruction of capitalism desu
>>
>>28821926
I also want to live in comfy government housing. I hear half-way houses are really nice. It'd be just like that.
>>
>>28821120
Yeah, this. I live in South America and it is pretty usual for people to live with their parents until they get married or something.

It's fucking stupid to tell a 18-year old to stuff their ass with debt just because hurr i'm independent.
>>
>>28820900
Shipped most the blue collar jobs over seas
Saddled kids with ridiculous amount of debt for a degree that won't get them a job because all the boomer scum want people with 5+ years experience. Oh and speculating the housing market driving up the cost of renting or owning a home.
>>
File: 1444256234386.jpg (169 KB, 864x676) Image search: [Google]
1444256234386.jpg
169 KB, 864x676
>>28821978
>It's fucking stupid to tell a 18-year old to stuff their ass with debt just because hurr i'm independent.

it's not stupid is you live in a society fueled by debt
>>
>>28820900
>Americans literally have brain damage
>so much brain damage that they'll live like garbage and say "ha ha, look at how much fun I'm having nah nah nah boo boo!"

Americans are so stupid.

Almost everything you produce is garbage, and it shows with threads like these

You can never amount to the status that Canada has achieved.

But you people who outnumber Canadians here have all the chances to make this place better, but instead you post stupid retarded shit like this

The thread I made earlier, you fat fucks, has proven that Canadian society is hands down the better.

In fact, Canadian EVERYTHING is better.

We have better books, clothes, holidays, food, women (who don't want you), healthcare, and an overall sense of happiness here.

As opposed to AMERICA, Where over there you people are fat, miserable, shoot at each other all day, have a huge gap in income inequality, hate minorities and women, and have the highest stats in the world for crime

You fat fucks truly deserve Trump

What's funny is, is despite all of that, you Amerifats love to say that "Canada is an irrelevant nation", but the truth is is that you are fat asses who are jealous of everything we are.

Fuck you America.

You fat cunts.

You stupid pigs.

You unbelievable mongrels.

You are a nation in decline.

Your women are sluts, and your mothers are fat pigs.

When my country finally destroys yours in the coming conflicts, the rest of the world will truly be able to see how great and amazing Canada is, not only for slaughtering you like the pigs you are, but also for saving the world from your degeneracy.

In the future, when my great great whatever children are out there doing whatever in space, they will be sure to know that they are much better than the future fat and ugly space Americans

>inb4 A FUCKING LEAF

you fat fucks need to do better than that.

Get a job you fat American losers.

HAHAHAH fat stupid Americans
>>
>>28820900
Simple. It's "you need to go to college" meme combined with "we're raising the price of college by 500%" meme.

People can't afford to pay rent, food, electric, and college all at the same time, especially when college prevents you from working full time. The only way to do it all is to live with pappy and mammy.
>>
Multi generational homes is a common thing found across many different cultures. The breakdown of the tight knit nuclear family is a recent thing, and many people are finding that it it is not sustainable for such a high population.
>>
>>28822050
>Canadian EVERYTHING is better
except the currency
>>
>>28821174
You realize that your employment is a voluntary contract that you can end at any moment for any reason, right?
>>
>>28822089
Your currency looks like somebody took a massive liquids shit all over it.
>>
File: 1464111771447.png (675 KB, 1032x581) Image search: [Google]
1464111771447.png
675 KB, 1032x581
>>28822050

I know this is bait, but, you'll have to use a real country if you want to get serious bites. No one, not even Canada itself, takes Canada seriously. Canada is just America Lite with a lower overall GDP and a leaf for a flag.
>>
>>28821943
then you have to put up with the yelling and screaming of the nigger residents. Seriously blacks are loud as hell for no fucking reason at all.
>>
>>28822050

>He says this
>While A FUCKING LEAF is his flag

Sorry, but telling me not to do it does not save you from ridicule.
>>
>>28822050

You AGAIN ?!

Damn, I admit you really are determinated in your crusade against your yankee neighbour...
>>
>>28821926
Capitalism is an economic system where you get paid for hard work. The only problem is that you don't get paid quite enough these days. Any other system you're not going to get paid at all.
>>
>>28822133
See what I mean?

You fat ass fuckers always talk shit about Canada.

You're just jealous that we don't live in fear of being shot.

We also have free health and care, so fuck off you arrogant American prick
>>
Do other people really live with their parents because they'd be homeless otherwise and not because they just don't want to pay rent?

I could live in some shitty place with a stranger but why the fuck would I do that when I could live rent free?
>>
File: decadence (34).jpg (37 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
decadence (34).jpg
37 KB, 400x400
>>28822191
>Capitalism is an economic system where you get paid for hard work

nice meme, but even you know it's untrue
>>
File: $.png (30 KB, 637x226) Image search: [Google]
$.png
30 KB, 637x226
>>28822132
sorry, meant in terms of the exchange rate. hows the oil fields doing up there m8?
>>
>>28822172
Fuck off you fat cuck

Unlike you, we SUPERIOR Canadian folk actually fight against oppression.

You come to Canada and talk the shit you talk. Ha, me and all the dudes here would beat the fuck out of you, you stupid yank fuck.

FUCK YOU.
>>
>>28822206
>1% of the population are fabulously rich, what a terrible system! Everyone should be working for food and their daily grog, nothing more.
>>
File: 1414993851153.jpg (97 KB, 712x528) Image search: [Google]
1414993851153.jpg
97 KB, 712x528
>>28820900
The only reason is money... I would love to move out if I had money to provide for myself, even with a job I can't earn enough.
>>
>>28821895

Pretty much this.

There is little room for economic mobility, first-generation college students are unlikely to be making as much money as their parents who DIDNT go to college (when income adjusted for inflation).

Ive also noticed that alot of the kids who do move out early get hitched and have kids, which pretty much traps them in whatever economic level they are at.
>>
>>28821943
>I also want to live in comfy government housing

But then you'll have to deal with all the niggers also getting free housing.

They shit everything up.
>>
>>28822195
I would rather pay my parents rent than shack up with a fucking room mate. They need to start making those ultra small apartments like what they japs have.
>>
>>28822301
ultra small apartments are not inherently cheaper. if they think they can get single people to pay through the nose for one, they will do so.

just look at pod hotels in asia. they're ridiculously expensive despite barely having enough room to fully stretch your legs
>>
>>28822226
Much better than all the kids that die every year due to your fat fingers pulling on gun triggers everyday.

Hah, remember 1812 bitch
>>
I think a lot of young folks are extremely poor at managing their finances. That's part of the problem.
>>
>tfw living in southern europe
>if I'm unable to secure a proper career I might end up living with my parents up to the age of 30, or even more
>it doesn't matter because this sort of thing is culturally accepted and considered to be normal as of now

Sorry you americocentric jewshits, you're not getting anything from me.
>>
>>28822050

Wow. I've never seen a saltier post before.
>>
>tfw all you want in life is to own a comfy apartment in any safe neighborhood and live with your pets while dedicating life to hobbies

That looks so far away though. My mom even told me she'd split the house someday so I could have some independence.

If you can at least rent a place with your income you are lucky
>>
>>28821501
This to be honest with you my family
>>
>>28822195

I have enough to live on my own though the odd jobs I've had throughout the years, but yeah, I simply dont want to pay rent. I'd rather stack all the money I've earned.

I'm 28 with no gf, no kids or anything. I can literally buy a plane ticket right now and visit some random place if I wanted.
Normies cant even begin to understand such freedom.
>>
Another southern european here. Im moving out this year at 27 to a different city. Only because i forced myself into doing it.

I love my parents and i know i could live with them until they died, but they are super protective and have been enablers of my neet ways because they knew i was safe right in the next room.

But entertainment and escapism only go so far, and the quarter life crisis has hit me like a truck. Maybe this will be a mistake and i'll end up back here, but i have to try something.
>>
>>28822371
who cares, the majority is niggers killing niggers.
>>
>>28820900
In my case, I live in an area where the rent for even a tiny apartment is too much. I work a minimum wage job on top of that. I've been trying to move out and away from this shithole house. The only good thing I have going for me is due to a complete lack of a social life, I barely spend any money aside from gas, food and clothing. So I have a good amount saved up at least.
>>
File: men are giving up.png (361 KB, 1107x910) Image search: [Google]
men are giving up.png
361 KB, 1107x910
>>28820900
feminism happened to our society
>>
File: 1432258980200.jpg (163 KB, 1006x706) Image search: [Google]
1432258980200.jpg
163 KB, 1006x706
>>28822485
I share your dream. I just want my own little private security bubble for me to find refuge in from society's many stresses.
>>
>>28822557
>But entertainment and escapism only go so far, and the quarter life crisis has hit me like a truck

I feel you bro. Hispanic, also 27, I'm going through the same quarter life crisis.
My parents are also NEET enablers, but I feel useless and like a leech still living with them.

The first step is to get out of the comfort zone. So good luck with your move and I hope it all works out for you.
>>
>>28820974
>>28820900

You're a fucking idiot.

My girlfriend is Indian. She lives with her mom and dad and is 23 years old. She just graduated college and is already making nearly six figures. No debt, didn't have to flip burgers in college to "learn how to be independent," and is doing insanely well.

Americans are fucking dolts about "muh indepnedence."
>>
>>28822336
You make a good point. I guess wanting a beta hive is too much to ask for in this greedy world.
>>
>>28822255
>we SUPERIOR Canadian folk actually fight against oppression
oh wow its the age old Canadian tactic, say something thats is completely opposite from the truth and then say you have free health care which actually is horrible and won't even treat me despite me being natural born canadian.
>>
>>28822642
I hope you live in a place where making it is not impossible.

I'll also keep moving towards it and ignore the reality around me that tells me it's not possible
>>
File: received_1048058441943844.jpg (9 KB, 270x260) Image search: [Google]
received_1048058441943844.jpg
9 KB, 270x260
>>28822050
That's a lot of butthurt, Anon.
>>
Can't get a job, can't save any money, can't afford a house, can't afford a wife.

I just can't function.
>>
>>28820900
we're not as well off as our parents and grandparents. boomers and generation x raped the economy and fuck us in the ass. manufacturing is gone. service jobs are shit. workers are underpaid but are expected to work harder and with the rise of globalism your job will probably get shipped off to india pretty soon. housing prices are overpriced because of boomer's speculating
if you do get a white collar job, you'll get some shitty middle manager breathing down your neck and demanding your to run around in circles so you look like you're being productive. don't know anything about blue collar work. i expect they will be an excess of young people vying for those jobs since trade's are the new meme career.
>>
more like what happened to society that parents kick out their offspring at 18
>>
>>28822836
>I hope you live in a place where making it is not impossible.

I don't know yet. I'm 1 year away from graduating with a decent (but not excellent) STEM degree, and I have no knowledge about how the job market is gonna be, how expensive apartments are, how I'll exactly carry those early financial burdens etc. I have no idea how to approach that facet of reality.

I just really hope I'll get a job and not become one of the "highly educated and unemployed". That would even trash my humble aspirations.
>>
File: butthurt.gif (538 KB, 265x322) Image search: [Google]
butthurt.gif
538 KB, 265x322
>>28822050
>24 complete lines of unabashed assblastery

Goddamn Canada, get a grip
>>
File: 1463703479235.gif (1 MB, 500x374) Image search: [Google]
1463703479235.gif
1 MB, 500x374
>>28822642
Same here, I sometimes draw up plans of what I want my small private place to look like, floorplans and house designs, even gardens in which I can just dream away without being bothered.

I want to make this a reality but I must put more effort in it.
>>
>>28822704

thanks brobot

to be honest i didnt really feel like a leech, i sometimes helped them financially when i had a job and with the money i managed to save, they deserve that much.

But one day i woke up and realized that i almost had no memories of my life, it was all a big blob of time spent online/watching movies/playing games/sitting in class.

And while i know im as much to blame as they are, they watched me throw my teenage and early adulthood away in front of a computer and never tried to motivate me to do something else. All because of their stupid protective instinct that told them i was safer locked in a room.

So now that i "woke up", i cant really do this anymore.
>>
The younger generation has lived with the older for the majority of human existence, it's the burgeon of hypercapitalism and the University scam that has turned moving out at 18 into the norm.

That said, you have no excuse to be a shitheaded NEET who cries for mommy,
>>
>>28822741
>My girlfriend is Indian

Well theres your reason why. It's mostly a cultural thing. Majority of Indian families have a similar arrangements to what you described. The parents are usually immigrants who want the absolute best for their child/children. But not everyone is lucky enough to have parents like that.
>>
>>28822946
Gen X didn't really do much to the economy, that was all boomers.
>>
>struggled with a job for 4 years, moved out at 22 and now lives of welfare
>feelsgood man
>>
File: 1463005538893.jpg (279 KB, 1390x1640) Image search: [Google]
1463005538893.jpg
279 KB, 1390x1640
Many, many problems.

First of all, housing is too damn expensive nowadays.
I would live in a one room apartment with a bed on one side, no windows, and a toilet in the corner, but even renting that nowadays is like $300 a month.

Second, most women are shit. Idk if its a new development, or people are just waking up to this, but women are the least desirable they've ever been. Sure, you can blame things like internet porn, hypersexualization, video games, or even /r9k/ propoganda. But the honest truth is that women are dull, most do not have interesting or even relatable hobbies to sate my autism, and any companionship or sex they provide isn't worth the trouble. Add obnoxious new-age feminism, millenial-entitlement and fatass acceptance to the mix, and there aren't enough good women left in the world to bother trying. Especially to losers who still live with their parents.

Third, complete failure of the public school system, from high school into college.

Fourth, Overpopulation.
>>
File: 1426983816284.png (548 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
1426983816284.png
548 KB, 700x700
>>28823011
I wish I could be creative like that. Most of my vision just involves looking at pictures like pic related.

I only know I need 4 things:
>comfy place in a good neighbourhood
>financial security (in forms of acquired liquid savings so I will never lack comfort)
>decent job which doesn't involve back-breaking labor
>allocation of funds not towards parties, women, status symbols etc. but to luxuries and hobbies

Those 4 markers I wish to achieve by age 30, ideally by age 26/27.
>>
>>28821943
Back to /pol/ where you belong please!
>>
>>28823205
>>allocation of funds not towards parties, women, status symbols etc.

Shit man, this is the only reason I am not quite dirt-poor yet.
I never had any interest in things like that and managed to save money without too much effort when everyone was out partying and wasting their finances away.
Maybe if I get my life on track, this mentality can make the path a bit easier.
>>
>>28822966

Americans got into this "muh independence" meme.

To anyone having kids here (probably none but still): Dont expect your future kids to be kicked out at 18 like your parents did to you and their parents to them. Times have changed. Almost no one can afford to live by themselves. Stop the meme and expect your kids to still live at home past 18. Otherwise, dont have any in the first place.
>>
I was rejected from all fast food and retail jobs I had applied for.
>>
>>28822984
I wish you success anon

I don't know if it's possible but maybe doing some internships will give you what you need to join the field you are aiming for.
>>
>>28821683

The kikes shouldn't have made shit so expensive that the young can't afford all that even with decent paying jobs.
>>
File: Feels Bar.jpg (162 KB, 1280x842) Image search: [Google]
Feels Bar.jpg
162 KB, 1280x842
>>28823205
This image reminds me of the fact that the most comfy environment you could create for yourself is the equivalent to a hospice bed.

>tfw when comfort is easing into death slowly
>tfw when living to die is better than living
>>
>>28820900
Our parents and grandparents fucked the economy and job market, that's what happened
>>
>>28823205
I want something similar except that I work from home.

As a jobless teenager I was able to afford tons of things because of that mentality.
>>
File: allout.jpg (36 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
allout.jpg
36 KB, 625x626
>>28822050

What's that Canuck? mad that Emperor Trump will annex you cucked syrups?
>>
File: 1454294817332.png (464 KB, 750x625) Image search: [Google]
1454294817332.png
464 KB, 750x625
>>28823470
A small room can be comfy, if you keep it a little bit tidy.
>>
Because housing prices and college fees have exploded while minimum wages stay low and unchanged. At the same time, women are sexually liberated and economically empowered.

Your grandfather could save some money, buy a cheap shack and a car, and voila he had everything your grandmother could ask for.
Even if you work a minimum wage today, you will never be able to afford an apartment that has room for a wife and her son.
On top of this, the internet has made access to easily consumed media such as anime and video games. So young men opt out of society's rat race.
>>
The shilling is strong in this thread.

When the baby boomers got money and into power they raised the ladder up from behind them by charging more for everything and stagnating wages. More money for them but slashed prospects for their kids.
>>
>>28820900
For me, it's the job market. It's fucking a pain in the ass to find work..If I can find a good job, that pays above the minimum wage, and has benefits, I wouldnt be living here.
>>
>>28823566
Just walk into a company's office and give the manager a firm handshake, I've got dozens of jobs that way. :^)
>>
>>28821568
This
Nowadays with rent and houseprices as they are, 21+ is a big help, especially if you have a college degree before you move out
>>
File: 1431765903425.jpg (230 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
1431765903425.jpg
230 KB, 1024x576
>>28823362
I feel like a lot of normies are extremely bad at spending money. My sister has an extremely well-paying job, but she keeps spending it on frivolous shit without meaning, which is why she has very little savings and is now in some financial troubles because unexpected expenses came up.

If I was in her position, I would live such a comfy lifestyle.

>>28823423
Thanks. I'm putting my hopes on the fact that I got 6 months of lab experience in an actual work environment already, and that this will make employers think that I'm a safe pick to hire.

>>28823470
I like being active sometimes too. Jogging alone is almost meditation to me. My dream apartment should have a running track nearby. I just don't want to interact with other people while doing it, which is why I don't want to join a fitness club.

>>28823520
>As a jobless teenager I was able to afford tons of things because of that mentality.
I imagine myself doing something similar in an adult context.
>>
>>28823554
Yeah lived in a very small room before. It's actually better than a big room imo.
>>
File: 1461202760853.jpg (105 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1461202760853.jpg
105 KB, 900x900
>comfy af going to uni and playing vidya every day
>parents start pushing me to get a job
>>
>>28823608
A lot of people spend impulsively when they get some form financial bonus, I had an aunt who would always spend like crazy when she got something like a tax return or even her yearly holiday money.
In the end she was always broke.
I see many people act like this, I see people wasting their money when it isn't necessary, all the time.

My sister with her boyfriend just bought a house on a loan and spend thousands of euros on furniture when she has some pretty steep debt following her around, I just don't get it.
>>
It's almost one million dollars for a 20 by 30 feet one level cape cod style house in the northeast in some areas, you tell me why the recent adult generation can't or won't move out.
>>
>>28822485
>>28822642
>>28823011
>>28823205
>>28823362
>>28823520
>>28823608

I wonder if there is a catch-all term for this kind of life-planning, or at least life-attitude, to create a life of comfy content with as little stress or risk as possible.
>>
>>28823755
Poor people mentality

When they get money they spend it all at once to buy commodities

Rich people buy things that hold their value or other assets that will make them more money
>>
File: kek.png (48 KB, 177x202) Image search: [Google]
kek.png
48 KB, 177x202
>>28822050
>You fat fucks truly deserve Trump
>Implying Trump is bad
>>
>real estate is literally 100x more expensive than 3-4 decades ago
>wages don't get adjusted for inflation

Just pull yourselves up by your bootstraps.
>>
>>28823608
>I feel like a lot of normies are extremely bad at spending money.

yeah, my brother made 100k last year and he's still in debt. i honestly don't know where his money goes. his apartment isn't that expensive. he didn't buy a new car or anything.
>>
>>28823939
gambling and having a gf would be my best guess
>>
>>28823608
>little savings
this is where I fucked up, I never saved anything I made, I spent it. Now going on 26 I'm sitting here at home thinking "WHY THE FUCK DIDN'T YOU SAVE", I really don't have much expenses so it was all spent on dumb shit.
>>
>>28823055
If you're a minority in the USA you get handouts, like scholarships.
>>
>>28824111
>gambling
nah

>having a gf

he's married so it's possible.
>>
>>28823192
>women are shit
Women have, since the dawn of man, been basically neets: communicating for no reason, sociopathically against anyone doing intelligent shit because muh feelings, fiddling their time away doing stupid shit, being retardededly unchangeable, etc. They used to at least embrace marriage, otherwise they'd starve to death.

Now you come to modern society, they are still anti-science, communicating for no reason, be retardedly unchangeable, but you give them all the advantages you can think (going so far as to say being male is a medicate-able disease like ADHD and shit) and you end up with women who literally only exist to consume. They've never been scientists or producers, they've never had any value outside of a vagina and homemaker, and now they're being put to use doing stupid shit anyone can do, but cheaper and more gullible.

Women literally get every advantage over a man, yet you ask 95% of women what they like to do/want to do, and all your hear is travel or movies. Jesus fuck.
>>
23 making 80k a year in Texas. Literally autistic and boss around 30-40 year olds all day. No degree. Worked 10 days in a row 2 days off for 2 years and now im here. Stop being lazy.
>>
File: 1464011224322.jpg (96 KB, 659x438) Image search: [Google]
1464011224322.jpg
96 KB, 659x438
>>28823830
>middle-class pleb who probably thinks home buying is a good investment detected

Rich people don't buy 'things that hold their value', they buy income generating assets and make enough money to cover their impulsivitys.
>>
>>28823566

it feels like half the people around our age who are "employed" are either working at mcdicks, are retail, or are doing outdoor labor
>>
File: 1458855634203.png (271 KB, 624x480) Image search: [Google]
1458855634203.png
271 KB, 624x480
>>28822741

>starts off an argument with "my girlfriend"

You're missing the entire point of why people are living with their parents, normalfaggot
>>
We (I am 20) don't move out because it's generally financially impossible to do so. If you're going to college you're likely in 5 figure debt so stacking a rent or mortgage on top of that is absolute suicide. If you're not in college you're likely working a mediocre job at low pay which is susceptible to automation in the coming years.
>>
>>28824418
Did you go to this job straight out of school instead of going to college/uni, and do you find you regularly spend money on drink/games/movies/whatever to try find some entertainment after spending all your time working?

Not trying to project onto you or anything, I just know a few people like that including a female cousin and a male friend. They didn't go to uni or anything, just stayed at home with parents and worked some local job from the ground up. Now some 4 years later and they have pretty decent pay but at the same time they're so bored with their lives. Even their relationships can't distract them that they're going to be back in work on Monday for the rest of their life doing the same shitty stuff day in day out, and so they spend more and more of their pay on things at the weekend to try feel something.
>>
>>28821120
Well, yeah. Our parents are way more narcissistic and end up hating our fucking guts when they realize having kids didn't improve their lives in any way.

It appears amerifag cultural but it's just raw fucking damage.
>>
>>28821120
>america has this obsession with "when you're 18, yer out"
You need to come to Northern Ireland if you think Americans are obsessed with throwing their kids out. 18? Try 16.
>>
>>28820900
It is now a financially unwise decision and unfeasible to live by yourself.
>>
File: 1464147343772.png (189 KB, 483x481) Image search: [Google]
1464147343772.png
189 KB, 483x481
A
FUCKING
FLATTENED STRUCTURE OF A HIGHER PLANT, TYPICALLY GREEN AND BLADE-LIKE, THAT IS ATTACHED TO A STEM DIRECTLY OR VIA A STALK
>>
>>28825514

>white people

original comment
>>
I'm in my 30s and still can't move out.

It's a combination of being in an expensive area (SoCal) and being unable to find stable jobs that pay enough.

Every job i've ever had, i'm underpaid and treated badly (essentially bullied by everyone) to the point where I fear termination on a weekly basis. Until I get find that ideal job that pays enough to live but doesn't have the bullies trying to oust me, I'm stuck with the parents.
>>
Because houses cost a lot and most of the people I know have no intention of starting a family soon if ever. Why should I live in my own apartment and pay too much money to live in a shitty part of town when I can just live at home and give my mother some money for rent/food/utilities? She'd be more understanding if something happens, I'm in a familiar place and it's better furnished. It's pointless to get an apartment if you don't have a good paying, fulltime job
>>
Just a sign of a poorer society. Most other societies don't see a problem with children living with parents up until their 30s. It's just not financially viable for a lot of people now. Personally, in my area, a single bedroom apartment, or even most studios, are upwards of 1,000. My girlfriend and I would barely make enough for rent and utilities, let alone car payments, gas, food, etc.
>>
>not having roommates
>>
>>28821876
Minimum wage was never meant to be a livable wage. It was designed as a way to satiate human rights activists and give the next generation start-up capital of sorts or help people get back on their feet. The notion that ANY minimum wage could become livable in a country of so many (it would cause inflation like fucking crazy) is absurd.
>>
>>28820900
2008 happened
>>
>>28822050
Compare our GDPs, dipshit. You're the dumbest person on this fucking website.
>>
>>28822050
I have NEVER seen an ass THIS BLASTED

I REFUSE to believe this is real

NO ONE COULD POSSIBLY BE THIS SALTY
>>
>>28822193
Your population is about, what, a third of ours? It'd be inpossible for any country bigger than yours to maintain a free public healthcare. You're insulting America, but you guys are the real jokes.
>>
I want boomers to drop dead already.
>>
>>28822642
I just want a small little place with four walls a ceiling and a floor. I don't want lots of money or a nice car, just a place for me. A little cave to hide from the world in.
>>
I wonder if ideology in America affected this country more than people thought possible.

Fat shaming for example was aimed at making people with excess body weight feel more comfortable about being fat. If fat shaming was a good thing ( and I mean the motivation to lose weight) we'd probably start seeing more emphasis on cheaper + healthier food, more gyms, spend less on materials, find love in cooking and participate in social events. All "anti-fat-shaming" really did was make the people who can't control their hunger be even lazier and spend more on shit that will kill them.

Or third wave feminism and modern SJW where pronouns are a big fucking deal and people who aren't white get away with personally responsibility because "they aren't white and their past was fucked up" while getting mad at the non-whites who are actually decent people (who think the SJW propaganda is all bullshit ).

And there are certain board on here that refuse to admit it's not everyone, thus adding more fuel to the proverbial fire when we don't need more of it. Instead of glorifying the struggle and individualist and the hard work and suck that comes with living in hopes that the future will be brighter we're giving entitled bitches more of the spotlight and giving those who victimize themselves more leeway because "it exists". There's a lot of shit that needs to change before fixing self-entitlement though like the cost of living but I think this is one of the more contributing factors as to why things don't look better.
>>
>>28820900

I'm 26, work a 9-5 job and make decent money. Still live my parents because if I move out I go from saving dosh to treading water. Call me entitled but I don't want to live in a slum and don't want to just stagnate with my savings.

Besides I like my parents and they seem to like my company too. I have yet to see a good reason to move out beyond it would make me marginally more attractive to women.
>>
>>28822371
Your country hasn't been worth anything since then, remember THAT, faggot. You needed England to help you also, remember that.
>>
Because who the fuck has $1500 a month to spend on rent? And then have money left over for utilities, gas and food? I mean you could split rent if you had to but that is disgusting living with a random person.
>>
>>28822050
Why are Canadians so passive aggressive?They seem to be really cheery and kind in person but they talk massive shit behind peoples backs.
>>
LITTLE
ETERNAL
ASS
FRACTURE
>>
>>28828006
>>28828037
Yeah you guys have the right idea. I moved out for uni and then stayed in same place for a year while working. I worked constantly, all the goddamn time to the point where it was damaging my health and I had no time to work on the career I want or hobbies with friends, and even then I just made it even each month. Living alone is so stupidly expensive, and if you want to live in a larger city like London or something then even sharing a flat with a couple of other people only makes it barely manageable.
>>
>got a real job and can afford to move out and live on my own in a nice apartment
I'm going to have so much more time for shitposting now that I've escaped wagecuckery
>>
Who cares?

Once I get my degree I'm going to emigrate to glorious nippon
Thread replies: 143
Thread images: 25

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.