[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why doesn't /r9k/ just get a job in a manufacturing plant?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: manufacturing_plant.top.jpg (68 KB, 475x324) Image search: [Google]
manufacturing_plant.top.jpg
68 KB, 475x324
Why doesn't /r9k/ just get a job in a manufacturing plant?

>good wages
>don't have to associate with normies
>work doesn't come home with you
>don't need a degree
>robo-assist arms to help with heavy lifting
>implying you'll destroy your body with modern day tech

it's literally a robot job.
>>
>>28820439
Technical jobs are the way to go for robots.

Be system's control technician
>>
File: DSC00462[1].jpg (142 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
DSC00462[1].jpg
142 KB, 1024x768
As someone with some actual seniority, make sure you guys play the union card hardcore once you get into an assembly plant's union.
It's a fucking magic barrier between you and these shit stains we call supervisors.
>>
>>28820553
work for a jap plant we don't have unions because japs would rather keep the unions out and pay higher wages

funny thing is, this whole narrative of muh manufacturing is gone has created a shortage and its easy as fuck to get a decent $20hr job now a days (location dependant)
>>
>>28820439

>Robo assists arms to help you with heavy lifting
FUCK. NO.

They put me on a fucking 150 pound hoist, when I'm a skeleton. I had to fucking move big ass fucking skids around that have a history of breaking people's fucking legs if they fall.
I was terrified of going into work everyday, and was getting pressured to do the job because no one else would.
I ended up going up to medical after pulling my back out at like fucking 20. They ended up putting me on a retirement-tier job, where I just drive vehicles on dynos and test their computers.
>>
>>28820590
>dependent whoops
>>
>>28820608
>not collecting workers comp or suing the company

do you live in a 3rd world shithole?
>>
>>28820690

I lied about pulling my back out, I just wanted a retirement job.
>>
If you work on the factory floor, you're making like $8/hr doing back breaking repetitive labor. Meanwhile you'll gradually lose your hearing due to the constant noise, you'll destroy your lungs breathing in toxic shit, and you'll be physically worn out by the time you hit 35 unless you get promoted (you won't).

Factories are literally the worst places on Earth to work. You're better off working retail or fast food.
>>
>>28820765

I work in a factory floor and I started at $18.20 and max out at $32 in 10 years.
It just depends on the company.
>>
A/C Technician master race
>>
>>28820788
agreed, depends on the companies

>mfw these shills get cucked into working at a supplier for a supplier for a supplier who is literally at the bottom of the food chain who pays their associates 8/hr
>>
>work for min wage
>break your back doing so

thx no thx
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.