[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw you can't criticize religion without being labeled
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: 3a81CbV.jpg (7 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
3a81CbV.jpg
7 KB, 250x250
>tfw you can't criticize religion without being labeled a fedora

Don't get me wrong. People should believe whatever the fuck they want. None of my business. Then you run into those hardcore christfags/mudslimes saying the most non-sensical shit.
>>
>>28820089
You can totally criticize it, just dont go full on neckbeard. Why does everyone think that there always has to be only 2 extremes in an argument?
>>
>>28820089
If you use actual philosophical arguments to deny religion, then that's not fedora-tier

Anything involving Richard Dawkins or "muh 2000 year old goat herder religion" is fedora-tier
>>
>>28820105

That is absolutely false. Ever since late 2014, even the slightest disagreement with Christians or you simply proclaiming you are an atheist will have people spam fedora memes and endlessly call you a neckbeard virgin.

People are not as nice as you think they are.
>>
>>28820245

That's not true. Insecure rednecks spam the fedora meme at any sign of atheism or disagreement with them.
>>
>>28820105
Because fundy fedoras are all the same. Once you start peeling back their chill facade pointing out their irrationality, the autism comes out with profanity and more irrationality. Never fails
>>
The internet is in a post-atheist period. No one wants to fucking discuss religious arguments after all these years of doing it.
We all probably took place with that shit back in 09'. It reached a crescendo up until Penn & Teller's bullshit went off the air. The final nail in the coffin was that one dude's death though. When the fedora meme had just started.

So it's over now.
I'm glad it is.
>>
>>28821511

Are you me, breh?

2009 - 2012 was a key time for me to argue about religion and politics on the Internet. Then it started up again in 2014, because revivalist rednecks would literally start fights with me and try to convert me to Christianity, unprovoked.

It's all one big shitshow of human ideas anyway, but the fedora meme was still forced. It was unpopular for a while, but feminists and revivalist rednecks just kept spamming it constantly with no end.

I too am glad that era you mentioned is over, but people are still very insecure about all this and I see no reason to be.
>>
>>28821511
I'm with you. Throughout all those years of discussing religion, not one logical argument was made; everything was an appeal to emotion.
>>
>>28820245
No, you need philosophical arguments to refute *theism*. You don't need philosophical arguments to actually-existing organized religions which rely on outdated and incoherent doctrines. Dawkins et. al do just fine responding to Christianity (Bible, Jesus, resurrection, etc.) because Christianity is not a serious philosophical position.
>>
File: 7yoWV7v[1].png (224 KB, 478x373) Image search: [Google]
7yoWV7v[1].png
224 KB, 478x373
>>28821800

What the fuck are philosophical arguments on the internet beyond just quoting some old fucks from years ago?
>>
>>28821814
Literally every argument you could make against theism is philosophical. If it wasn't philosophical, it wouldn't be an argument
>>
Why are people here doing damage control?

Don't even try to pretend like people on 4chan can handle their religion being criticized. They can't. You all remind me of blacks that dindu nuffin, or women that think everything is the fault of men.
>>
File: 1463954601639.jpg (53 KB, 425x543) Image search: [Google]
1463954601639.jpg
53 KB, 425x543
>>28820089
>op
original
>>
>>28821511
Oh yeah, I remember seeing these lengthy stretches of arguments about religion on 4chan and Newgrounds during like 2007-2009 and now you don't see much debate about it whatsoever.

In my opinion it's definitely been replaced with SJW/anti-SJWs, even Youtubers like BananaAtheist have transitioned their content to mostly criticizing feminist and BLM.
>>
>>28821452
>>28821408
>thinks that the way 4chan and pol is it how it is in real life
yeah no....
>>
>>28823099

Shut up fellow canuckfaggot. I was talking about the Internet and it's not AS bad anymore. But memes still matter, and 4chan has always infected everything it touches.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.