[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have until 30 June to submit an application to university or
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 1372654326647s.jpg (8 KB, 246x232) Image search: [Google]
1372654326647s.jpg
8 KB, 246x232
I have until 30 June to submit an application to university or else my parents are going to kick me out. What do I choose? Luckily a few things interest me
>Building surveying: respectable yet not too high-level but computers are taking jobs apparently
>Mechanical engineering: pays a lot, I like making things, I'm good at maths and science but hard as fuck and probably stressful
>Law: father would approve but essay writing is not my strong point
>Product design: get to fuck about in art school but no jobz
I live in UK
>>
>>28820031
Mechanical engineer is most neet-friendly

building surveying is epitome of lads degree, trust me. Law is for social and debate-prone people, product design is for arty hipsters

source: UK student
>>
>>28820072
>building surveying is epitome of lads degree
Very interesting statement, please elaborate?
>>
My friend does mech eng and it looks very easy. Memorising industry standards (if this gear is Xmm how big should this other component be), relatively basic maths. He's a smart guy but not like a genius. Also makes decent money and hasn't even graduated yet
>>
>>28821125
I heard it's really autistic
>>
Just do it, Uni is literally NEET tier anyway.

Only difference is you spend a couple of hours a day studying something instead of shitposting. Bonus is that you get rewarded with a paper that says you're smarter than the average dumb fuck. Also, it will get your family off your back.
>>
>>28820031
Well last two are meme degrees so they're out. Surveyors get to drive around alot and see alot of the country.

Engineering is the safe bet.
>>
>>28820031
NOOO

Get a Technical degree like:
>A/C repair
>Systems control tech
>Plumbing
>Electrician
>Or join the National Guard
>>
stem or go home
choose mech engi
>>
>>28821184
Seems pretty normie and blue-collar to me. I'd imagine he's the most well-spoken guy at the factory where he works
>>
Go study. It's not that bad honestly, you can put as much effort into it as you want, implying your parents won't check what grades you get everytime. One semester I just didn't feel like doing anything so I did twice the amount the next semester.
Law is boring as fuck. Engineering is hard as fuck if you don't have the proper math skills. I would actually advise you to study something related to economy, because it is the most flexible path you can choose, especially good when you are not sure what to do.
>>
>>28821418
>s
>>28821378
>>28821329
>>28821268
>>28821264
I think i'm gonna pick surveying. Can't stomach engineering it will take over my life
>>
>>28820031
Does UK universities have different deadlines than those in the US? We have to usually submit ours by December 1st.

Or were you just being a lazy fuck and decided that you were going to suck off your parents' money this whole time
>>
>>28820031
Go for the one you like the most.
>>
>>28820031
>>Building surveying: respectable yet not too high-level but computers are taking jobs apparently

GIS / Geoinformatics
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.