[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hypothetical thread!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: 1463571707032.jpg (213 KB, 1920x1440) Image search: [Google]
1463571707032.jpg
213 KB, 1920x1440
1. Your oneitis asks you out.
2. You find out that she is actually a prostitute.
3. She makes enough coin so that you can live together comfortably without having to work.

Do you take her up on her offer?

Also post more hypotheticals!

the picture is an early post-op ftm cock, currently being used as bait to get posters into my shitty thread
>>
You can get 30 more IQ posts in exchange for losing your right arm. Do you accept?
>>
>>28818765
make it the left one and we have a deal.
>>
File: working penus.jpg (108 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
working penus.jpg
108 KB, 1280x1024
>>28818705
that fake dick has hair at the tip
>>
>>28818765
Make it my cock, and you can forget about the 30 IQ points
>>
>>28818705
>tfw no FtM tomboi gf.

I would even give free blowjobs as long as the neocock was waxed.
>>
>>28818705
Weird pic. And probably no. I don't even want a gf anymore, let alone a prostitute gf.
>>28818765
Also no. I'm smart enough and 30 IQ points isn't THAT much in comparison to losing a arm.
>>
>>28818705
You get to add 5 inches of length to your penis, but it looks like OP's pic. Do you accept?
>>
>>28818705
Yes, I can do fuck all, and let her whore herself out...
>>28818765
Nah fuck that
>>
>>28818765
No. I already have an unironic 'genius' level IQ, and I'm right handed. Going from 146 to 176 doesn't seem like a substantial difference, all things considered. If my IQ was 106 and I could bump that 30 points for an arm, different story.

But we're talking about going from the 99.98th percentile to the 99.99th... I'll keep my arm and use it to put the 146 points I have stuffed in my pocket to good use.

Hopefully
>>
>>28818765
Yes I would. If I were already slow I would not do it, but where I am at now, 30 IQ points would put me to genetic freak levels.
>>
File: smpy_odds (1).png (365 KB, 1056x796) Image search: [Google]
smpy_odds (1).png
365 KB, 1056x796
>>28818765
Fucking yes. I'd go from a run of the mill cognitive genomics grad student to a world class one.

Also for everyone here, you should know that IQ doesn't scale linearly. There are both diminishing and exponential returns involved. And saying you're gaining 30 points is equivalent to saying you're moving up in an ordinate hierarchy, like going from 50th place in a race of 100 to 2nd place. The differences between 50th percentile, 98th percentile and 99.997th percentile are all different jumps. The first jump would be a visible increase in all your cognitive capabilities. Social skills, music, art, memory, processing speed, problem solving, vocabulary, etc. Obviously, we're not taking into account personality traits and ambition, but that's the difference between an average student who goes into sales and becomes a regional sales manager by age 40 and a man who can become a doctor, engineer, lawyer or CEO with moderate effort.

The second leap would be less noticeable outwardly. Just as a gaming computer doesn't run internet explorer any better than a netbook, the differences in brain power would only be apparent at the highest level of processing. Having a conversation about dinner with a person of IQ 130 and 160, you would not immediately notice a clear difference. But in cognitively intensive tasks, which have a higher correlation between task performance and g, the increase would be even larger than going from 100 to 130. People who scores average, 100, on the WAIS have an average memory of 5-6 terms (unfamiliar symbols). People who score 130 have an average of 7-9. Those who score 160 have an average of 13-16.

If you see my graph, the likelihood of getting a doctorate and accomplishing great tasks increases geometrically in relation to a linear increase in deviations of intelligence.
>>
So how long does she stay a prostitute after we start living together?
>>
Would you rather be a black guy, a white woman, or a manlet? If you're already one of those things, just switch yourself out and pick from the other 2.
>>
1. You know EVERYTHING about the future no matter how far away or close
2. You have 1 week to live
3. Upon death, you will ascend to a courtroom where you are sat down in front of a TV which answers ALL of the questions you've ever had about the world

Before you ask, yes, you will know exactly what happens if you do a certain action and still have a choice to do it or not. No, you are not invincible until death. Accept or decline?
>>
>>28819325
Sorry, the word limit is tough to fill and I haven't had lunch yet. With my first analogy, going from 50th place to 2nd place is a much more notable leap than going from 2nd to 1st, which is why I say the first leap is more visible. But among, say, one million racers, all the runners in a large country, the difference between 500,000th place and 20,000th place still makes you superior to a greater number of people and is also a greater increase in speed (maybe 8 minute mile to 4 minute 30 second mile), but the difference between 20,000th place and 30th place is the difference between a good runner, maybe a varsity athlete and a national level runner even though the difference in times running a mile might only be 15 seconds. A much, much greater increase in prestige and competitive potential though a lesser increase in absolute performance and rank.

>>28818960
What test did you take, where and from whom?

146 to 176 is 1/1000 to 1/5,000,000, so actually 99.89 and 99.99998th percentile. That's a yuge difference. In fact, the top percentile is where all the magic happens, where most of the difference is.

That would be a huge leap if you wanted to go into academics, like growing from 6'7'' to 7'1'' would be for a basketball player. 6'7'' would be a run of the mill college power forward or center with a .07% chance of making it to the NBA while the 7'1'' player would have a 17% chance.

Obviously I'm doubtful of you claiming your IQ is 146, when most people who do so pull such numbers out of their asses with no knowledge of what saying that even means.

If you just want to be a professional or a businessman, yes, I doubt the increase would matter as much and being a cripple would be a bigger detriment. In less cognitively intensive fields, the increase would be more like going from a performance quotient of 128 to 138
>>
>>28819701
>Able to see everything in the future
>1 week to live
No. Whatever I find out would be useless to me. And the courtroom stuff would also be useless because I'm dead and can't do dick with it.
>>
Where do they take the skin from to make the fake penis? And do they burn cut and scar the end to fashion what looks like a knob?
>>
>>28819998
from the thigh
>>
>>28819825

But at least you don't spend all eternity wondering where the Roanoke colony went.
>>
>>28819325
>>28819710
What the fuck magic is this. I can read about IQ? Meaningfully? Based on data? On /r9k/? What are you?

No matter, I'll just dig into your posts.
>>
>>28819710
Not the guy you're responding to, but my IQ is pretty high.

Here's the link to the results: http://b.1339.cf/mhvmrdk.png
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.