[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What hobbies and interests haven't been repackaged and made
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1
File: 1433632867422.jpg (451 KB, 4040x626) Image search: [Google]
1433632867422.jpg
451 KB, 4040x626
What hobbies and interests haven't been repackaged and made to appeal to normies?
>>
>>28813009
This site.
>>
>>28813023
>>28813009
Oh, 'haven't'. Sorry.

Low-level programming and homemade electric construction maybe? This shit is too logical to be feminized.
>>
>>28813053
are you kidding? every yuppie parent wants their kid to be into tech, its the new doctor or lawyer.

Wandering around in the woods with a metal detector is normie free.
>>
>>28813009
You think video games were ever an obscure hobby? Nigga they've had arcades since the 80s. Every friend I had as a kid had a Nintendo or Sega. Your shit was never obscure, you picked a bland ass normie hobby to begin with, and a fucking easymode one that requires no skill you lazy fucks.

Why do you think they have such a big budget to make cool games? Do you think they would be as encouraged to make them if only a small group of people bought them? You have normies to thank.
>>
>>28813079

>Metal detecting
Considered getting into this solely because of that, looks like a fun hobby.
>>
>>28813009
guns
normies will never find them acceptable, fortunately
>>
>>28813009

Shooting guns

You dont see chad talking to chad about how great glocks are or the new Kimber revolver or what scope is best or what caliber is best etc
>>
>>28813312
>>28813346

Based hive mind
>>
>>28813346
>>28813312

What?

Every manly Chad worth his salt can appreciate guns.

Also:

>he has a hobby
>it involves guns
>he just collects guns and carries them around
>he doesn't hunt
>he doesn't struggle against nature and then eat its bounty once he succeeds

>he just keeps a bunch of guns in a safe and stares at them
>>
Gardening is obviously in vogue with middle aged normie, but almost everyone my age who's into that I've met is pretty fucked, even if they aren't an outright robot. Most normies will look at you weird if you tell them you grow your own food and some flowers too.
>>
>>28813388

A chad might know about guns from vidya/other media but probably has never held a real gun.

>chad might think a glock 17 is a full auto glock 18
>will call an AR-15 an M16
>magazine a clip etc
>>
Faeces sculpture
>>
>>28813465

Dunno, m8, I feel like most guys who didn't grow up in big cities have handled guns. Or, at the very least, a large portion of them.

I'm not autistic and couldn't tell a Glock 17 from an 18, but I did grow up learning to shoot and could probably operate most firearms.
>>
>>28813465
Wrong, I've shot several guns. A bunch of kids go out yearly, its like scouts but with real skills. I think you using chad vs robot when guns are a more "progressive" versus "old fashion" upbringing issue.
>>
Tabletop games like D&D and 40K
>>
>>28813465
Both chad's and robot's use guns. Even in cities, chad criminals have firearms. In the countryside, almost everyone has held a gun at least once.
>>28813563
This guy gets it. To add on, hardcore tabletop war games that are incredibly obscure. Most robots don't even touch those.
>>
>>28813663
Warhammer and warhammer 40k is normie teir, but model painting is robot tier. I distrust anyone without a fully painted army
>>
>>28813466
kek
Is that a thing?
>tfw no miniature shit landscape with piss rivers and lakes
>>
>>28813023
My sides are in the orbit now
>>
>>28813009
furry
even mlp fandom got normiefied
but furry fandom always rejected normies
>>
>>28813346
you don't live in the south i'm guessing
>>
My hobbies include watching films (one per day usually, I am specifically more interested in film noir and "exploitation" movies), writing plays and screenplays, and singing/writing songs for a punk band.

I like to think I avoid the normie sides of normie type hobbies. Most normies wouldn't care for the films I watch and they definitely would not like the things I write or the songs I play.

Usually any hobby can be kept normie free if you remain true to yourself and the activity, instead of using it as a potential attention/validation machine like so many normies and special snowflakes out there.
>>
penspinning. too much difficulty for most normies to try and stay interested for long

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pkHcmLC2Oo
>>
>>28813009
Neatly any trading card game or grand strategy game. Normies don't want to sit and think.
>>
>>28814781
>Usually any hobby can be kept normie free
This.
As long as you avoid tripple A titles or anything that is played on twitch you can even play quite robotic vidya.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.