[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When I was a child everything seemed so much more interesting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: dvw.jpg (58 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
dvw.jpg
58 KB, 633x758
When I was a child everything seemed so much more interesting and exciting and I had a really active and vivid imagination but now it's all gone.
What happened to me?
How do I get it back?
>>
>>28812795
t.Life happened
>>
Idk I got molested when I was young and everything is gay now
>>
>>28812860
I think it went away somewhere during puberty for me.
>>
could be puberty or just realizing how shit life is and how selfish and evil people are

you get more cynical the more you understand reality
>>
>>28812980
But I want to have childlike imagination again while understanding reality the way I do. I think I'd be really creative then and life would be more fun that way and maybe I'd even become more social.
>>
File: 1464117308052.jpg (37 KB, 396x388) Image search: [Google]
1464117308052.jpg
37 KB, 396x388
>>28812795
>be a child
>could read and do math at a very young age
>legitimate interest in science and knowledge
>excellent memory
>no issue with problem solving, could instantly think of thinking-out-of-the-box solutions for problems
>never study or do homework yet always do well in tests

>about 2 decades later
>can't remember shit
>no interest or motivation in anything
>average at best in academics
>always feel anxious when confronted with a witty joke \ riddle \ problem, always take a minute to "get" things
>can barely hold my attention span while someone's talking, often have to hear it again to catch all the details

Fucking why.
>>
ITT: self-delusion that it is owing to vague religious 'burning out', 'cynicism', 'disillusionment', 'reality', 'less time', 'stress', 'loss of sense of wonder', 'anxiety', 'responsibility', and other poppsysh, while the obvious truth is simply lower IQ, which decreases steadily since age 0.
>>
>>28812795
Keep consistently engaged in creative activities, it'll help retain your imagination
>>
>>28813426

This.
It is the result of the robot lifestyle. Poor diet, alcohol, recreational drugs and lack of exercise will deteriorate your brain.
>>
>How do I get it back?
Someone please answer
>>
>>28813376
I was exactly the same as you as a kid.
Now I'm borderline retarded tier and can't do anything
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.