[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://diseasescure.pw/20-secrets-o f-people-who-live-with-borderline-p
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6
File: r.jpg (57 KB, 757x222) Image search: [Google]
r.jpg
57 KB, 757x222
http://diseasescure.pw/20-secrets-of-people-who-live-with-borderline-personality-disorder/

So is Borderline Personality Disorder just basically "I have an excuse for being a scumbag, see, it's a disorder!"? Because I know this girl with BPD and she is the most unstable, uncaring about anyone else, flip floppy mean cunt I've ever met.

I get having Bipolar, as I am diagnosed with that, but I don't take my emotions out on anyone else and I am stable as a person because I won't let my emotions effect me. But every person I've ever met with BPD is an emotional and unstable scumbag who literally only cares about themself. Do I just have bad experiences or am I correct in assuming BPD people are good to be around?

Note: If you have BPD I have no problem with you unless you are a self centered and emotional mess.
>>
>>28810380
Reminds me of "tsundere" chicks.
"I am a complete fucking cunt 100% of the time, but deep down I know it's wrong, so that makes it okay"
Just fuck off, everybody else in the world knows how to ACT properly. I don't want to be nice, but I ACT nice anyway because I know I'm not the most fucking important person in the world.
>>
File: 3.jpg (23 KB, 741x64) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
23 KB, 741x64
>>28810451
Exactly, I mean look at this one. "I have zero control of my emotions". They're using it as an excuse to act like shit. Nobody can control their emotions, but you can control how those emotions influence your behavior.

The only thing I disagree with you on is not wanting to be nice. I actually do want to be nice to people, I don't just act nice. I think it's important to be kind.
>>
>>28810380
>>28810451
This. Females' underdevelopmed minds think that 'deep down, I'm aware I'm being mean' and maybe saying this once every two years or so justifies all abuse and slander they happily commit. In fact, they'll accuse you of not respecting her troubled personality enough: 'you should be understanding of my lack of self-control, you don't even imagine how hard it is to be so emotional'.
>>
File: 5.jpg (17 KB, 741x46) Image search: [Google]
5.jpg
17 KB, 741x46
>>28810483
Kek, funny you say that because look at this.

I think it's funny how it's almost all women who "have BPD", too.
>>
>>28810513
I didn't even open that page before I posted that. Funny indeed.

'I'm gonna steal this object from you, then I'll expect you to feel pity for me for my pangs of conscience.'
>>
File: 6.jpg (15 KB, 744x48) Image search: [Google]
6.jpg
15 KB, 744x48
>>28810610
Disgusting people.
I'm glad someone else sees through their bullshit as well.
>>
OP, people are controlled by their brains and can't help anything they do.

There's a blob of electric goo in your head and that's what's causing you to think your thoughts and perform the actions you do.

No matter what, you can never transcend that blob of electric goo.
>>
It's irrational to base BPD on just a sampling of four people. That's all I'll say.
>>
>>28810380
Girls with BPD are the worst. They're looking for attention, theyre huge whores, and just terrible.

I'm a guy with BPD. I have all the same issues except I can't get as much attention, can't be a whore, and when I have emotional breakdowns and flip a bunch, people call me manipulative and a drama baiting faggot.

Now what people say about me are true, but girls get a free pass. It's the worst.
>>
>>28810668
This doesn't mean that it's irrational to avoid people whose goo has determined them to shift the blame onto others or onto their conditions or whatever. The fact that behaviour is determined doesn't mean that we're supposed to give everyone an equal chance.
>>
>>28810668
Okay, I don't care. My goo happens to be really kind to everyone unless they end up being unkind to me. I help everyone when I can and I don't let my emotions influence my interactions with them.

I therefore avoid people who act differently.
>>28810725
I don't think everyone with BPD is like this. I am sure there are plenty who can control how it influences their behavior and won't let it affect other people and I respect them for that. I am just speaking in trends and from my own experience, as well as from the quotes on the website I linked.
>>28810816
Ah someone with BPD, cool. So do you do those things often? Do you recognize that just because you have a disorder that influences your mood doesn't mean it has to influence your behavior?
I'm not saying you're a bad person, but I think it's important for everyone to accept responsibility for things they've done. Do you blame it all on your BPD and give yourself a pass or do you actually try to overcome it?
>>
>>28810909
I have mood switches a lot, am narcissistic and want attention, and do have emotional breakdowns somewhat often. My therapist describes me as being incredibly logical with my regular thinking and then if something happens, I get extremely emotional and cant control myself.

My disorder influences my behavior pretty badly. I dont have much control over that. I do blame it on my BPD, but I don't give myself a pass. I want to stop being so fucked in the head because so far it has prevented me from ever having a deep and meaningful relationship. It sucks because girls usually get a free pass here. They're encouraged to take the free pass. They get all of the attention they want. That eliza whore is a perfect example. Myself, on the other hand, get nothing. I don't want to have this.
>>
All personality disorders are like that, hence the name "personality" "disorders".
>>
>>28810668
That's bullshit. Nobody are born as natural atheletes. They work hard to achieve the extraordinary. The brain is the most plastic structure in your body. Its functions can also be trained.
>>
>>28811020
You do have control over it though anon. No matter how it makes you feel, you don't have to push those emotions outwards towards other people. People with worse disorders like schizophrenia can control themselves just fine, I have bipolar and I can control myself just fine. You need to recognize that you are responsible for everything you do. I'm sorry you do have it, but at the same time you don't have to take the behaviors out on everyone else. You do have a choice.
>>
>>28811099
And the idea and persistence to train one's own mental functions and improve one's character come from... I forgot which: the homunculus, the magic fairy in the head, the human essence, the guardian angel, consciousness, the genius, or free will?

>inb4 ad hominems
>>
>>28811061
You don't know what personality means. Someone who says another person has no personality doesn't know what he's talking about.
>>
>>28810380
> I get having Bipolar, as I am diagnosed with that, but I don't take my emotions out on anyone else and I am stable as a person because I won't let my emotions effect me.

Bipolar disorder is an affective (mood) disorder, in the same class as anxiety disorders.
Borderline Personality Disorder is a personality disorder, like Narcissistic Personality Disorder and others, i.e. fake and not real.
>>
>>28810380
BPD is supposedly "I can't help being an asshole."

Sometimes it's hard to tell whether it's real or fake.
>>
>>28811196
I see I see, that actually makes a lot of sense.
>>28811204
Probably fake. I think it's an excuse to act like a scumbag.
>>
File: 1463630189183.png (482 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1463630189183.png
482 KB, 600x600
This really just seems like an excuse for people--mostly women--to act like total cunts and still manage to come out as the victim in the scenario, the person to be pitied. It's not enough to simply acknowledge that you're a bad person and then just leave it at that, with no attempt to actually stop being a bad person. Emotions are powerful but don't tell me they're so out of control that you can't leave the room before you decide to open your mouth.

I don't know. I have AvPD and people who don't have it talk shit about it all the time, saying it's just shyness and that it's not real, but that couldn't be further from the truth. So I really don't want to be one of "those people"and pass judgement on a disorder I don't have any experience with, but these are my impressions based on everything I've seen about BPD so far: whiny, spoiled children who've given themselves a free pass to treat everyone around them like absolute shit with no repercussions whatsoever; God forbid you stand up for yourself and refuse to kowtow to their tantrums--after all, they're the "sufferers" here!
>>
>>28810380

>So is Borderline Personality Disorder just basically "I have an excuse for being a scumbag, see, it's a disorder!"?

Personally I don't use it as an excuse, I don't need to, I'm just a cunt nothing I can do about that.
Saying that, Quetiapine works wonders for me and I'm a much nicer person when I'm on it.
>>
File: Crying_while_heiling.jpg (12 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
Crying_while_heiling.jpg
12 KB, 500x333
>>28811223
>Probably fake. I think it's an excuse to act like a scumbag.
in my experience bpd people have a very hard time understanding what they're doing wrong, unlike mere assholes. to explain it to them is like trying to explain to someone with autism how they are being awkward or get someone from some shithole country to understand that everything from their corruption to their lazy work schedule and their diet to the way they poop is retarded
>>
I'm noticing a very disturbing trend of treating mental illnesses like identities

Like, people clustering into communities and reinforcing their behaviour by brushing it off and saying "well that's just who I am"

It almost seems like nobody wants to cure their mental illnesses anymore. It's all about "I don't need to change. Society needs to understand me. I don't need a cure, I need understanding"

And that's why mental illness is on the rise
>>
>>28811714
That's what anti-psychiatry has set out to achieve decades ago.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.