[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw born and raised poor There's literally no point
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 6
File: 1462333934744.png (65 KB, 320x252) Image search: [Google]
1462333934744.png
65 KB, 320x252
>tfw born and raised poor

There's literally no point in living life if you're born poor.

Most rich people inherited their wealth from their parents and grandparents. Rich people live better lives than us and it's not fair.

If you're rich, you're definitely not a robot. Money alone can score you 8+/10 women.
>>
File: image.jpg (61 KB, 500x442) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61 KB, 500x442
You under rate live my family were poor as shot just learn coding preferably c# on codecademy
My family could not sell or divided their land and put my parents under tons of financial stress
When this world collapses under its own weight I'm going politician hunting
Reeeeeeee
>>
Money can't buy you happiness, but it sure can buy you the things that make you happy
>>
Yeah but rich people can't live on homeless tier food like I can
>>
>>28809419
I bet you have an indoor toilet, a refrigerator and probably even a television or a Personal Computer.

I have thousands in the bank and it does nothing for me but reassurance.
>>
>>28810580
the only valuable thing money can buy you is independence and the ability to do anything you want with your time.
living the patrician life, studying and contributing to mathematics or working on a project just for the sake of it, without financial issues nagging at you constantly
>>
>most rich people inherited their wealth
God damnit, not this shit again.
>>
>>28810747
In order to argue against this, we need statistical data and shit
>>
>>28810672
yeah ok you can do all those things, but none of things make you happy
>>
>>28811157
Happiness is merely a chemical reaction.
Being happy is a choice to a certain degree
>>
There are plenty of people who were born poor who now work for investment banks, hedge funds, Google, as successful actors and models having lots of sex...
>>
>>28811210

>Being happy is a choice to a certain degree

What does "choice" mean?

I mean if our brain is just a bunch of chemicals, it seems like there's no "us" independent of our brains to "make choices". What look like "choices" are just the inevitable products of chemical reactions.
>>
>>28811226
the rest 99% and billions of them will never make it
you arent very bright dumbo
>>
>>28809419
I agree wholeheartedly, brother. For poorfags, life is a sunk cost fallacy.
>>
>>28811226
That's right, all the good jobs are taken. They made it, they don't give a fuck about making more jobs. People blame capitalism but maybe we just outgrew the economy and there isn't enough business to be done.
>>
>>28810747
But it's true lol
They didn't inherit all of it, sure, but they inherited the foundations with which they could make even more.
>>
>>28811295
This brings up the debate of "free will". A lot of scientific research support that "free will" is non existent. But, what we are typing now, is that considered a choice?
>>
>>28809419

Elliot was more robot than you'll ever be faggot
>>
>>28811295
It means that you can observe the world in whatever light you want. Things don't have to turn out the way you want them to react happily.
>>
>>28811685
The other day I got drunk. Chemical reaction made me happy. I got pissed off talking about something, oh yeah being poor. To an extent you do have a choice it was rather immature of me to get all pissed off about it.
Sometimes dwelling on things makes you unhappy. Sure I could tell you "Try to think of nothing" it's like you're going to end up thinking about something. Choosing to think over something you don't like is something of a choice though.
>>
Poverty does not exist in America. It's a pathological lifestyle choice like fucking mans even though you're a man too.

My parents were poor. I decided to get 10k in loans for nursing school. I'm not rich but making 60k/yr for 3 days a week of work sure as hell isn't poor either. Don't want to be poor? Then don't be. You have to actively work very hard towards being poor to get there. I'd make more if I were willing to move or go back to school for something more than an associates degree.
>>
>>28811295
This is why people turn to religion. People want to believe that we are something more, but we're not, we're pretty much organic machines
>>
>>28811844

and how can you be so sure of that?
>>
>>28810672

So pretty much exactly what he said then? Money gets you things to make you happy, like food, shelter, and all the calculators and graphing paper your autist heart desires.
>>
>>28809419
The only thing I like about the prospect of being rich, is freedom.
I don't even wanna be rich to have supercars, or huge mansions, but to be able to do my own thing in life, without worrying about money.
>>
>>28811825
Someone funded everything for you.
This is such weak bait, just stop being poor. lol
>>
>>28811778
I'm pretty sure they're ways to increase your finances. But, when you say you're poor, how poor do you mean exactly?
>>
File: ur a loser.png (261 KB, 958x1400) Image search: [Google]
ur a loser.png
261 KB, 958x1400
Funny how most of the people I know who whine about being losers are the ones who never do anything about it. They just sit on their asses and wait for death while numbing their minds with meaningless entertainment.

I hate to be the "jus' b urself and go out more" guy, but that really is how it works. People with active and social lifestyles are far more successful and happier than borderline shut-ins.
>>
>>28811825
This anon has the right idea.
With a nursing degree (an assosciates lol) you can make 60k easy and if you decide to study more you can make well up to 90k or even 200k. Being lazy and blaming others isnt going to help you get out of being poor, working hard is.
>>
>>28811849
Well I can't obviously say that it's true. But to me, it seems the most likely/realistic
>>
>>28812123

What reasons do you see it as the most likely/realistic
>>
>>28811945
I'm much better off now and have a decent chance. I'm potentially one fuckup or unlucky twist away from losing everything and I'm just not doing enough right now. I don't know how poor that qualifies as although when I was pissed off I was referring to when I was a total neet with nothing going for me.
>>
>>28811825
>nursing
>3 days a week of work
hmmm
>>
>>28812139
You probably expected me to say this say this, but: science. There's no concrete evidence of god or a great meaning of existence (except from breeding)
>>
>be me
>born to single mom on food stamps, SSDI, and section 8 housing
>despite excelling at school (3.9 gpa) I never get recommended for AP courses.
>Never really fit in with anyone. I was too well spoken for the kids from the trailer park, but I didn't have the same material possessions as the kids whose parents were home owners. >Economically I fit in with the trailer park crowd, mentally I fit in with the kids whose parents were home owners
>Had to drop out of high school to take care of my mom, even though I was out performing most of the other students
>Never learned to drive, Virgin, etc

Anyways, fast forward to 2013:

>In relationship with girl whose parents have money
>go camping, bought her a car when she turned 18, name brand clothes
>in less than two years I had my learners permit, back in college, got my license, bought my first car, wearing better clothes
>and, although this is morally wrong, I've cheated on her and have slept with 9 girls.

It kind of sucks but now that I'm in a different place in my life I just want to live the life I didn't get to live when I was a teenager. It just sucks because I'm going to be 26 in august and I'm living with standards of a 17 year old. You can't tell me money doesn't dictate your life. You can't tell me "just get out there and work hard. American dream friend." fuck that bullshit.
>>
>>28812289

any specific science? you're being very non-specific here
>>
>>28812381
But there's nothing wrong with your life.
>>
>>28812463

Yeah but where everyone else was at at 16 I didn't get there until 23.
>>
File: TheJerk.jpg (16 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
TheJerk.jpg
16 KB, 480x360
>>28809419
Watch this for inspiration faggit.

Pic related.
>>
>>28812484
So fucking what? Life threw you some curve balls and you still made it, albeit a few years later.

Besides, 23 is still young as fuck. I'm older than that and I still don't even have a driver's license or steady gf, yet I still consider my life successful so far.
>>
>>28812673
He missed out on one of the best times of his life, his childhood. Quality of life in childhood is a better predictor of midlife happiness than income.
>>
>>28812760

Exactly. thats how you get these mid life crisis freaks walking girls around at the park on leashes and asking to be called daddy and shit.
>>
File: rose_tinted_glasses.jpg (7 KB, 320x207) Image search: [Google]
rose_tinted_glasses.jpg
7 KB, 320x207
>>28812760
>best times of his life, his childhood
When will this meme end? Childhood is the worst time of your life.

You have so much more independence and freedom as an adult, and I have no idea why so many people can't appreciate that. As an adult, you're also smarter, physically stronger and in better shape, more emotionally stable and have better social skills, all of which make your life a lot more fun to live through.
>>
>>28812962
Just wait till you get up there in age, the whole physically and mentally better thing is a brief period of time that starts to regress sooner or later the older you get. Obviously you're not on the dating market because age is a factor there. If the first half of your youth was shit and you need to make cash more than focusing on the other areas of life like getting laid you're now throwing out the last bit of your prime and wasting your youth and the part you think is best playing catch up.
>>
>>28813018
If you lead even a reasonably healthy lifestyle you will still be highly functional both physically and mentally well into your 50s. And even after that you can keep your life enjoyable since at that point most people will have accumulated a decent amount of savings.
>>
>>28809419
Elliot Rodger says hi.
>>
>>28812962

Yeah but everyone has the same playing field as an adult. So the other kids have nice childhoods and go on to have nice adult lives.

Someone like me or us will have a shitty childhood and a good adult life. So what compensates for the childhood?

>cuck story incoming
Consider this. I lost my virginity at 21 in my bedroom. In my bed. It was completely casual and there was no sneaking around, no drama involved, no going to class the next day and thinking about it. I had sex, lost virginity, went to bed, woke up, went to work.

My current girlfriend lost her virginity at 16 at 3 in the morning to a boy who lived three blocks away. He walked to her house, they snuck out to the camper sitting in their back yard and had sex.

As a teen sex is this new exciting thing. Its taboo. Its exciting. As an adult you just get in your car and bring the girl back to your apartment and go to the bedroom and have sex. It is expected. It isn't special.

That is why I will always be a cheater. I want that drama when I get caught and that sneaking around. It compensates for what I didn't have as a teen.
>>
>>28812760
>best times of his life, his childhood

ironic that the best time of his life is also the one he can't control

if his childhood was shitty it's because of his parents, so not his fault
>>
>>28813247
>her virginity at 16 at 3 in the morning to a boy who lived three blocks away. He walked to her house, they snuck out to the camper sitting in their back yard and had sex.
>As a teen sex is this new e

or you can fuck high school girls, it's more taboo since you're an adult
>>
>>28813247
>It was completely casual and there was no sneaking around, no drama involved, no going to class the next day and thinking about it. I had sex, lost virginity, went to bed, woke up, went to work

prime example of romanticism, you just discovered that life is not a movie, congrats
>>
>>28813314

But the majority of other people I've heard from their first time was this awkward thing that ended with a broken heart or high emotion.

>>28813283

Yeah, but it still doesn't compensate. I have hooked up with a few girls in high school, but they were legal age. I wouldn't have sex with someone underage.
>>
>>28812962
>You have so much more independence and freedom as an adult
no I don't
>As an adult, you're also smarter, physically stronger and in better shape, more emotionally stable and have better social skills
hey yeah did you read this article about brain science in Redbook???
>>
>>28813247
So you cling to childish things because you feel you have "missed out". Your problem lies not in the fact that your childhood wasn't all you expected it to be, but in the fact that you can't come to terms with your life not being perfectly in line with your expectations.

Protip: even the chads in your former school now have regrets and misgivings about their youth, and a lot of them feel just like you do. No one's life is perfect, and only those who can accept that can truly feel fulfilled about what they HAVE achieved.
>>
File: image.gif (499 KB, 500x195) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
499 KB, 500x195
>>28809419
My dad makes $116k a year but doesn't share his money with me. I have to pay for my own car, college, clothes, just not rent to still live in their house. I didn't get a sweet 16 party either.

It's called saving up your money. I have $25k in my savings because I'm money savy and only buy things from Christmas/birthday money.
>>
>>28813344
>But the majority of other people I've heard from their first time was this awkward thing that ended with a broken heart or high emotion.

you expected too much, your problem

>>28813344
>Yeah, but it still doesn't compensate. I have hooked up with a few girls in high school, but they were legal age. I wouldn't have sex with someone underage.

why don't you try to correct that distorted vision of yours, you have too much expectations men, the first time i jerked off i thought i was finally a man, the second time it was nothing
>>
>>28813247
>So what compensates for the childhood?

blood, make a sacrifice
>>
>>28813425

Yeah, but the chads weren't virgins at age 21.

>>28813452

I get that I expected too much. Sex is just sex, etc. But thats all I want. I'm obsessed with it. I just wonder if the guys who had a lot of it in high school were obsessed with it or if they literally just didn't care.

And if they didn't care, how did they get it from so many partners?
>>
>>28813425

Also, as a side note because this might help other robots.

I had this exact realization at age 22. That is when I realized my problems aren't worse or better than anyone else. We all have problems we suffer with.

As a result I've gotten better at socializing with people and it has helped me assimilate into society better.

I still have issues, but I deal with them differently now. Being empathetic can really help you get what you want from people.
>>
>>28813427
>>28813427
>he didn't share his money with me

So growing up he didn't buy you food, school supplies, a house to live in, or clothes to wear while you were growing up?

Still a lot better than poorfags like me who had parents dumpster dive at good will once a year for my clothes. Or starving me as a punishment for days (cause it was cheaper than buying food and grounding me).
>>
>>28813624
>Being empathetic can really help you get what you want from people.

The thing is i'm too empathetic, i literally feel the person emotion as my own.

i can't control it, since i live with very deranged people, i am literally submerged and tormented by their lives

and i can't just leave and start a new life, i will be more lonely than i am now, and broke
>>
>>28809419
Top kek.

I was poor once as well op, but I managed to improve my situation and now I'm worth several million.

Still just as much of a shut-in, KHV loser, but hey, at least I have money.

My advice would to always set goals and achieve them, starting small and progressing to larger things.
>>
>>28813427
>only buy things from Christmas/birthday money.
lmao that's cute. When you're poor you don't get christmas/birthday money.
>>
you know what worse than being poor, is becoming poor ;D
>>
>>28811895

That's my point. Poverty doesn't exist in America because you just stop being poor. I was instantly approved for loans despite an ACT of 21. I graduated in two years with honors and was hired as soon as I got my license, the job was lined up before I even graduated. Not bad for growing up on food stamps. I do think the social safety nets are too big and too many, but I got mine. It was as easy as waking up and deciding I don't want to be poor. I didn't even get lucky or anything. Anyone here with a clean criminal record and watched a few episodes of Scrubs can do it to. $10k is on the low end but I live in Mississippi. No community college will charge more than $20k for the RN program. Average nurse salary is $70k so I'm even below average wage.

Poverty does not exist. Just people getting what they want in life. Sure I wish I had 6 million dollars, but 60k for 3 days a week is more money than I could ever spend. I'll retire early and do autistic shit in my tiny autistic cabin in the autistic mountains.
>>
>>28813314

Romantic or not he doesn't owe the bitch anything. She cheated on him before she even knew him. What's the harm in his fun?

I cheat and do le edgelord bdsm shit. Life isn't a rom-com where you decide to settle with the hot rich ex-loser after the cock carousel chewed you up and spits you out.
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.