[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Give it to me straight /r9k/. How do I get rich? I'm 18
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: 1446102612943.jpg (162 KB, 588x766) Image search: [Google]
1446102612943.jpg
162 KB, 588x766
Give it to me straight /r9k/.
How do I get rich?
I'm 18 and graduated high school today I have a okay (3.5) gpa but have no extracurriculars and have never held a job.

I want to be able to live off passive income by the time I'm 40.
>>
Dedication and hard work. So it's impossible for anyone here.
>>
1. wageslave by getting a decent paying job
100k - 150k+/year and saving up at least 50% of your take home pay and invest that into an index fund.

or

2. Business shit that I have no idea about

DO NOT go to college unless you have a career goal in mind.

I suggest community college 2 years then transferring unless you got a scholarship/finaid that gives you a full ride through college.
>>
File: EASY.jpg (39 KB, 759x653) Image search: [Google]
EASY.jpg
39 KB, 759x653
>>28808479

>just graduated highschool and already browsing /r9k/

How about you go to /biz/ instead of a board that's filled with neets and people working bottom tier jobs. Stupid NEP.
>>
21 year old high school drop out here.

How do I get rich?
>>
>>28808479
Have a rich dad, have him get you into a good college. Then when you graduate use one of his contacts to set you on a career path where you are guaranteed to be wealthy. Skill/hard work optional
>>
>>28808527
>waaaah classism
Back to the USSR with you.
>>
hm dont know about the US but here the money is in law or economics
if you work hard and have no children or a female leech you could retire between 40 and 50
>>
Develop an app and hope it gains traction.
>>
>>28808515
Yeah, I have some idea about the wageslaving part, I just don't know guaranteed ways to make money off of savings. I'll look into index funds.

Thanks anon!
>>
>by the time I'm 40

Doesn't sound like it's worth it.
>>
>>28808542
Who was complaining bitch boy?
>>
>>28808479
Well youre not going to get good ideas posting on r9k, thats for sure.

That aside, I highly reccomend learning a trade, working, and then investing that into a business. You can make a lot of money doing welding or electrical work, the education doesnt cost much, and you can develop a business on the side that you fund with the money from your trade job. It takes money to make money and climbing the corporate ladder is fuckin bullshit, so having a skill that nets you a reasonable amount of money and then reinvesting that money elsewhere is honestly the only way to go if you really want to eventually do the passive income thing.
>>
>>28808479
Get money from a friend so you dont have to get it from a bank and buy a house. rent the house out and live as a neet in your one room.
>>
>>28808479
The illegal drug trade in Latin America.
>>
There's two way to become rich : the traditionnal way and the "nouveau-riche" way.
The nouveau riche way is the easiest to understand, you're an ace in your field, you create you company/get hired by a large corporation and you earn tons of money because you're the best at what you do. Quite easy IF you fit the requirement.

The traditionnal way is more depressing but unlike the other way anyone can take this path : Money makes money. If you earn something, don't waste it in material goods, use it to invest and make more money.
Poor people stay poor because as soon as they have a cent to spare they use it to buy dumb shit like pricey food or a new television instead of investing it. You slowly build your fortune and invest safely in real estate, stock exchange and your children's education. You'll probably never be rich but you'll be the most happy man in the world when you'll see your children become rich and see them offer the life you dreamt of to your grand-children. Ofc this implies conservative values such as family, hardwork and selfless dedication to a goal.
>>
>>28808479
Rob a bank, easiest way to get rich
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.