[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
spilling my spaghetti tonight - come and see
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: 1456957848474.jpg (1005 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1456957848474.jpg
1005 KB, 1920x1080
Nineteen years old. I'm going to be starting community college in about a month. I have been neet for a year and in that time have had very little contact with the outside world and no contact at all with the opposite sex. In that time, I have been constantly telling myself that college is going to be a turning point in my life. This is probably wishful thinking, but it's the only thing that keeps me going at the moment.

Not sure what I'll be majoring in yet. I'm just taking a couple of basic credits over the summer semester. Hopefully I can get things figured out before the fall semester begins. I've been so restless these past few months. I feel an intense need to get out in the world and participate in/contribute to society in some way. Very often, I shower, shave, get dressed, brush my teeth, comb my hair, only to pace around the house for hours for lack of anywhere to go. I see college as a potential outlet for the nervous energy that I have accumulated during my neetdom.

I think about girls every hour of every day and yet, for all the presence they've had in my life, they may as well be mythical creatures. To put this in perspective, I once found myself on the same team as a female during a game of dota. The sound of her cute voice through the microphone made me feel nauseous for a few seconds and I was filled with the strong urge to disconnect. You can easily imagine how I might act when confronted with an actual female. Nevertheless, girls fill my thoughts, dreams, and fantasies without end.

I have all the usual robot difficulties with things like eye-contact, posture, body-language, that sort of thing. These are serious problems and I could go into further detail, but I don't feel that I should have to as they've been repeated ad nausea on this board by anons far more articulate and engaging than myself.
>>
I don't have any illusions about enjoying myself in college. While everyone else is reaping the pleasures of youth, I will be attempting in vain to salvage some small shard of mine. So, with that in mind, just what am I in for? I realize that the real world is going to hit me like a freight train and I might not be able to deal with it all at once. But I can't live as an outsider anymore. The neetlife has been eating away at my mental health. Somebody say something.
>>
>>28807958
>>28807966
Since you're going to community college, make sure you choose your major right away and take summer+intersession courses so you graduate quicker.

Since you're going to a commuter school, it might be a little difficult to make friends. You can join up with people in your classes for study sessions or join a club and go to social gatherings with said club.

But otherwise, expect High School 2.0 except with a lot of people old enough to be your parents.

But yeah. I took 3.5 years to transfer from CC; just make sure you don't spend more than 4 years because your financial aid won't cover more than 6~ years. You need the remaining 2 years to cover your university fees.
>>
>>28807958
*ad nauseum
>>
Be involved >>> meet girls
Be passionate >>> woo girls
Fucking make a move >>> eventually, get girls

Theyre good for socializing us. Just make sure you're going for a lucrative degree, and that you keep your studies the highest priority, dont get into heavy drinking or drugs, and you'll be fine.

Also, go to office hours. Most professors are really cool people.
>>
>>28807966
>>28807958
You think and worry too much. I'd say go to the gym, it increases your sexual appeal, builds you a some confidence and gives you a little bit more to talk about.

Also going on trips alone, in like wooded areas or forests, better with places that other people go to as well. It's hard to explain this one but you will connect to going out easier if you will go alone at first. You'll also have more to talk about nature, and you might meet other people - don't be afraid to talk to them since you will most likely not see them many times in your life. Talk to them about the beauty of things, this will build you confidence as well.
>>
File: 1454623241330.jpg (132 KB, 800x999) Image search: [Google]
1454623241330.jpg
132 KB, 800x999
>>28808201
Are you speaking from experience? I've talked to a lot of anons who've "made it" and gotten friends, girlfriends, etc, and even they seem to be holding their heads just above water, managing dread and anxiety, dealing with the same demons we see every day on r9k. It appears that there's really no escape.

I've been lurking in the 25+ threads for some time now and I've come to realize that they path I am on will lead me straight into them if I do not make a drastic change in the next year. As I said in the OP, this is nothing if not a turning point in my life. It would be dangerously easy to remain a timid virgin all my life.

It also seems worth mentioning that I've been growing increasingly narcissistic and self-absorbed. I spend a lot of time, probably a few minute every day, looking over my own face and general appearance. Been getting into hygiene, grooming, that sort of thing. Probably the result of not having left the house at regular intervals in a year.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.