[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
High School Robots
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 8
File: fml.jpg (81 KB, 924x571) Image search: [Google]
fml.jpg
81 KB, 924x571
Did any of you robots go to prom?

Mine's on Saturday and I'm starting to feel like shit because I'm not going. I'm literally having anxiety at the notion that I'm going to miss something amazing. But what the fuck do I do?

I can't get a date because beta as fuck, I haven't even gotten a suit or whatever and I don't even have any friends to hang out with. I'm going to waste away in my room.

What did you guys do when, if, you missed prom?

>inb4 underage
18 famalam
>>
>>28807536
I did, I just sat around and ate free food.

I'd still say it's worth it
>>
>>28807536
Well my prom was weaks ago and it was bunk as hell
>>
Why the fuck would you go if you have no friends? What would you even do, stand in the corner looking pathetic?
>>
>>28807536
My school didn't allow me to attend any school events. So i just went into homeschooling and never went back to highschool.
>>
>>28807536
I was home schooled and obviously never had a prom. most people i've met said it was overrated
>>
I didn't go

I stayed at home and played pokemon with my GF at the time
>>
This may sound harsh but it isn't my intention, bro. If you don't have a date or a group of friends to hang out with it is going to be awkward as fuck and very difficult for it to be enjoyable in any way... so you may be better off missing it.

Prom is no big deal. Mine was 7 years ago and, in retrospective, it was fun only because my friends and I got drunk off our tits and giggled about vacuous shit all night long. People won't become friends with you just 'cause you're there, and taking that from the equation hardly ever guarantees something 'amazing' will happen.

Cheer up brah, the world ain't gonna end because of that.
>>
File: 1456010671304.jpg (172 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
1456010671304.jpg
172 KB, 1440x1080
My older brother was the definition of Chad and never once went to prom, just stayed in his room and slept or some shit, nobody cared. I did the same obviously, nobody cared. Don't make a big deal out of it senpai
>>
>>28807536
You will not miss anything. It's something that the normies will talk about for a week or so and that's pretty much the end of it. I actually had fun at mine, but that is probably because I did LSD during it; you'd probably have as much fun as I did if you stay home and take acid.
>>
>>28807536
Im just about to graduate too. Our school already had prom and my twin brother went while i stayed home and fucked around. 0 fucks given because i dont let stupid shit like prom bring me down.
If you truly believed its so amazing(which its not) then you shouldve asked out a girl. But you didnt so its obviously not amazing enough to get you to get off your ass and stop being beta. Nothing of value was lost. You probably wouldnt have had fun either seeing how whiny you are.
>>
Chad here, went with my gf, it was lame even for me, Chad.
>>
File: 1462091025328.png (42 KB, 846x592) Image search: [Google]
1462091025328.png
42 KB, 846x592
>>28807543
Really?

Do you really feel that way?

You went to prom alone, sat around for a good 3-4 hours by yourself with loud ass music blaring surrounded by people having the time of their lives and yet it was "worth" it?

Biggest load of shit I've ever read.

OP if you are absolutely alone with no friends or no date then just don't go. It would just be a waste of time and a very bad memory to look back on.
>>
>>28807536
It's ultimately just a party anon. Celebrating a big part of your life, sure, but it's not anything more than a party, except you have to deal with all the people you didn't like instead of just either friends, or friends and strangers.

Go if you've got a few friends, but it's not worth spending the money if you're just going to sit around there.
>>
I do school online (senior and just turned 18) and I kinda feel bad about missing it, but it looks cringey from my old school friends' photos.
>>
Ask your friends if you could join their groups. Don't go while they're taking pics with their dates though, you'll look like an autist standing around.
>>
File: 1236163216.jpg (56 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1236163216.jpg
56 KB, 400x300
You're better off not going. There's no way you're going to have any fun being there without a date or any friends to be with and anyone who tells you otherwise doesn't understand you and your situation.

I went to my prom with a date that ended up ignoring me the whole time. I probably would have been better off not going
>>
Don't go OP. Trust me. Please do not go. Learn from us
>>
I went to work, got made fun of by my older co-workers for not going to prom, and then went home and played call of doody 4 all night while my group of friends went to prom with their girlfriends.
Apparently it was really lame and not worth it and some guy ended up getting cucked.
>>
Didn't go to prom. Felt kinda shitty about it. Realized that I had always planned on being less shy, making more friends, getting a gf in high school etc. Then I realized the entire four years had passed and I really hadn't done much...
>>
>>28809241
Forgot to add, in retrospect, (3 years later or more, it really doesn't seem to matter much, however it still sucks that my whole highschool experience was sub-par.)
>>
File: 1397796730986.png (87 KB, 242x206) Image search: [Google]
1397796730986.png
87 KB, 242x206
>>28807536
I have never gone to prom or any other form of school activities.
i would rather be at home playing videogames and masturbating
>>
>>28807536
I didn't go. IIRC, I raided Kharazan with my guild. I don't regret it. I do regret that I'm six months away from my undergrad graduation and I'm still an essentially-kissless virgin.
>>
>>28807543
>free food
>have to spend tons of money to go to prom
???
>>
Dont do it. I went to a dance once with no date and it is still a very vivid memory in a bad bad way. That was 14 years ago.

Prom would only feel worse, the social stakes are higher. I never went. Look, op, highschool is vapid and meaningless. Youll be fine not going. But make your own adventure for that night. Bomb-ass snacks and animu marathon, whatever.
>>
Im not going to prom, instead im just gonna save up the money id spend by going to it and go to the beach n get hammered with my friends.
>>
File: 1464092543242.jpg (258 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1464092543242.jpg
258 KB, 1920x1200
I didn't went to my last prom because I don't have any formal clothes to wear due to house fire happened 2 years ago and lastly i think to myself it wasn't worth it because same venue of the event and i dont have any girls to dance with im too depressed at that time instead i slept to our new home and browse to facebook. (i never visit this site that time)
>>
>having proms
What the fuck
>>
File: 1461861055396.jpg (85 KB, 573x400) Image search: [Google]
1461861055396.jpg
85 KB, 573x400
Schools wouldn't get shot up if most kids weren't insufferable faggots
>>
"Anon why aren't you going to prom? Xdxdxd"
Why do they ask this when it's obvious as why?
>>
>>28807536
Isn't prom your last chance to fuck a virgin? Afterwards, even the ugliest down syndrome girl will be deflowered. Just go anon.
>>
>>28807536
Didn't go. Didn't matter.
>>
I went with my girlfriend and a group of friends and had a lot of fun, I think at the very least if you can get a date and a group to go with you should if only for your parents. They tend to love shit like prom, graduation, and all the photos they take from events like that.

Then again yours is on Saturday so you should have been preparing for those for a good while now and it's probably too late to get a nice tux or limo or anything like that.
>>
I never went to any of mine, I just stayed home and smoked weed and looked at what people posted of it on social media.

Looked boring as shit to be honest.

Glad I never went to any of them.
>>
I'm going to level with you OP, prom isn't for people like you. Yes it's going to feel shitty in retrospect that you did not go, yes you'll probably feel like shit when you inevitably look at the photos on social media.

However if you go by yourself without at least friends and obviously no date you're going to be embarrassed, people will make fun of you, and you'll just look bad. You will have nothing to do, and no one is going to take pity on you and accept you into their group for the night. You're not going to have a good time either way, but I think the benefit of you having no friends is no one will miss you when you miss prom.

I did have fun with my date though
>>
>>28810832
That opportunity is long gone once she's a senior.
>>
>>28807536
When my prom came around, I just stayed home and played Fallout 3, bretty gud time.
From what my friends said, it wasn't all that great, really only the top chads got any dances
>>
File: pain.webm (2 MB, 750x404) Image search: [Google]
pain.webm
2 MB, 750x404
I was too nervous to ask any girls to prom. I finally worked up the strength to ask this one Asian exchange student, but she said no. She ended up going with some Chad.

I stayed home and watched anime that night.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.