[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>mums signing me up for boxing >was hopeful yesterday >wake
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5
>mums signing me up for boxing
>was hopeful yesterday
>wake up tired and depressed. Extremely negative about the whole thing

Should I beg her to not sign it?
>>
Boxing is a martial art thats actually useful in a real fight. Be positive
>>
>>28807508
Just go through with it, man. Try it out for a bit. You might even like it. Don't give up, you can do it.
>>
File: strongbad.png (140 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
strongbad.png
140 KB, 400x400
Be sure to show up for those boxing lessons in your Strong Bad outfit.
>>
>>28807508

Boxing is fun as shit, dude. Look at it this way, you get to learn how to beat up normies.

Also, underage b&
>>
>those thighs
yum
>>
What do I say when people are talking to me? I don't like anything normie, all I like is videogames and anime. They'll start talking about football
>>
>>28807508
Just do it. the hardest part about anything is the start. After the first days over you'll be fine
>>
>Mom getting you boxing lessons

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vimZj8HW0Kg
>>
File: 1339532430690.jpg (117 KB, 544x400) Image search: [Google]
1339532430690.jpg
117 KB, 544x400
>>28807508
any martial art is scary when you first start, but it's extremely rewarding and boxing is top tier when it comes to being able to fight. don't puss out DO IT
>tfw still nervous the first time I enter a new gym
>i've been training on and off for almost 6 years now
>>
>>28807508
Post stats OP

You do lift don't you? Don't tell me you're going into something violent not only without skill, but with a weak body.
>>
I did Karate and MMA. Helped me out a lot with dealing with Chads and bullying. One fight and nobody saw it worth it to physically bully me anymore. Try it out man. It really changed me for the better.
>>
>>28807508
I grew up basically on krav maga most of my childhood and when my brother hits the age of 13 I'm going to force him join a martial arts be it classic boxing or muay thai.

I think it's mandatory for a quality man to have discipline and know how to fight, plus it will build your body in an athletic way, nothing builds shoulders better than martial arts.
>>
File: natalie7.jpg (83 KB, 740x1231) Image search: [Google]
natalie7.jpg
83 KB, 740x1231
>>28807732
I am fat and weak. I don't lift, I'm 6'0 and weight 200Ib, all fat
>>
Go with it OP. Not everyone is that lucky.
>>
No, sign up for martial arts that have less punches to the head. My short term memory is fucked because of constant micro-concussions I suffered.

There is very good reason as to why boxers are quite inarticulate even when highly educated.
>>
>>28807804
What do you reccomend? Mauy thai?

I'm kinda worried about becoming dumber than I aready am.
>>
>>28807820
Thai is almost as bad. Want to avoid punches to the head? Take Karate or TKD. Kyokushin or Shorin Ryu if you can.
>>
>>28807922
I took karate before and I liked it but it is useless.
Not that I want to fight but in the event of defending myself it was garenteed to be useless . I just want to get fit but also have fun.
>>
Boxing is top tier to beat normalfags with. Learn wrasstlin or judo with it and you can guaranted beat up Chad. Do it ladpai.
>>
>>28807984
Depends on the Sensei. Mine taught us in a way to be used in a street fight if need be and was a black belt in a few Martial Arts, also went far in wrestling in college. He used what he knew and taught us a different variant of Karate.

Shop around different dojos and see what they do. Most mix in other martial arts and those are the ones you want to go to.
>>
>>28807508
how is this not child abuse?

enjoy your permanent brain damage, increased risk of alzheimer, and shorter life expectancy.
>>
Do it OP.

Exercising and learning a skill in a masculine environment will make you feel a lot better about yourself.
>>
Give it a go at least once. You can quit if it's not for you. Boxing really is a lot of fun, especially if you're only doing it casually and not trying to go to olympics or fight pro.
>>
>>28807688
Itll be fine man. Dont stress. You sound underaged so theyll probs ask about school and class and shit. Boxers are good people
T. Boxed for six years
>>
>>28807768

Hitler would have gassed this!
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.