[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Friends = Meme
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: Mememachines.jpg (365 KB, 2000x1125) Image search: [Google]
Mememachines.jpg
365 KB, 2000x1125
You guys realize that having friends in your early 20's is a meme, right?

Nobody seriously has friends in their early 20's except for complete losers who aren't going to college. These people usually work in kitchens, and then smoke weed at each other's apartment. Take a look around, every person in their 20's only spends time with other people for business connections. It's always just awkward and forced.

Don't fall for the "I don't have any friends" meme. Nobody does.
>>
>>28807359
I'd rather be a complete loser who has a few loser friends to connect with and smoke weed with than this friendless 20s epidemic

christ
>>
>>28807391
Any 20 year old who is busy with college/work would not have time to just "hang out" like they were 16 year olds in high school.
>>
>>28807409
I do. Granted, I'm 19 and in college, and I usually can't hang out with my best friend who is going back to hs another year, but when we get high together boy oh boy is it like we're 16 again.

I'm off for the summer and working a summer job to save up to pay for my first year of uni and also for a trip to wonderland with my best buddy while we're high as shit

you can make time no matter how busy you are if your friend matters to you enough.
>>
>>28807359
Not really, I'm in med school, other friend is a professional musician and the other works in the film industry and we've been friends since freshman year of highschool, we're 22 now
>>
>>28807469
>>28807433
High school/childhood friends are the exception. Those seem to be relationships that actually last.

Making new friends in your 20's isn't like that though.
>>
>>28807535
Go Greek
>>
>>28807359
this is false, i have social media and everyone my age is constantly doing fun shit on the weekends and documenting it
>>
>>28807359
Most people make friends during school years obviously. Sometimes 1 or 2 become lifelong friends. People change and more often than not you have less in common with your friends. When my siblings and I joined a gym we made a whole load of friends. People we wouldn't necessarily associate with. The so called "Chads" were quite friendly to my brother. The older people really took a liking to us. People will come in and out of your life. Sometimes you might find friendships were you never expected it.
>>
>>28807601
Social media is the biggest meme of all. People who spend time together and post it on facebook are usually fucking weirdos in real life. If you go and hang out with those types of people, you'll know what I mean.

These types are usually refusing to grow up, and neglecting major steps in adulthood. Deep down inside, they know this, and they have an underlying nervousness/satisfactions with themselves because of it.

It's usually some pretty low energy stuff. Like "Let's make a weekend trip to another city!" and then they barely know what to do once they get there except take some photos, go to a bar, and then drive back home.
>>
File: 1460580943547.jpg (35 KB, 445x604) Image search: [Google]
1460580943547.jpg
35 KB, 445x604
Who else /completeloser/ here
>>
I've also noticed that people who are having a hard time in their 20's have a higher chance of being permanent losers if they have friends. Friends will make you comfortable with your lack of success and progress, because they volunteer to be losers along with you.
>>
>>28807646
>People who spend time together and post it on facebook are usually fucking weirdos in real life
Spoken like a true, clueless robot. Keep believing this shit /r9k/ and I'm sure you'll all continue to be as happy as you are now.
>>
>>28807689
Just my anecdotal evidence bud. Every time I've done something social and it's ended up on Facebook later, it was actually total shit in real life.

You can watch this phenomenon by going to a bar (or any public place really), and watching people take 100 photos of themselves together, and then continue to sit there bored.
>>
27 here. You're better off not having friends to begin with because they'll ditch you once they get wives/gfs or they'll get good jobs and you won't and it will be weird to hang around them.
>>
When i was 20 I moved to a big city, and somehow started dating a serious 10/10 Stacey for 2 months. She was involved in the "fashion scene" in the city.

At first, I thought I had struck gold. I was going to get to experience some seriously exclusive pretentious normie stuff. She took me to all of these hardcore chad/stacey parties in secluded warehouses where everybody was rich and experimenting with weird drugs and acting pretentious.

Shit was fucking awful. I could not believe how badly "exclusive normie" stuff was. I had more fun staying home and doing homework. Obviously, she broke up with me for an indie rapper after 2 months. Didn't even care. Fucking socializing, unless it's with people who are almost identical to you.
>>
I have a few close friends but I have difficulty making new ones.

I can't tell if people are absurdly retarded or is it me and the people I run into.

There is this one guy, fucking looks happy to see me everytime we run in to each others, tell me we should get lunch on x day because he'll be free.

Now I like this dude, he's into the same hobbies as me (vidya/other nerd lamo shit) I don't care for the other normies at work.

I fucking follow up and then fucking silence.

What the fuck, why the fuck is this dude always telling me we should get lunch (we work in nearby offices). But never ever fucking follows through and goes silent when I send a message?

It's driving me up a wall more than it should.

He likes my shit on facebook and whatever, but what the hell.
>>
>>28807851
Have had this happen to me like 5 times in the last 2 months. Person says "DUDE LET'S DO X". So we plan the day, I text them the day before, and get nothing.
>>
>>28807793
thats sounds fucking amazing.

but i agree with
>Fucking socializing, unless it's with people who are almost identical to you.
>>
>>28807964
No dude it was just gay. Was actually pretty gross too. Everybody was like throwing up, but being pretentious about it and acting like it was nothing, and then continuing their conversation about some weird obscure bullshit...With trap rap in the background.

I have more fun hiking.
>>
Friends are not a meme. We're all fucked up interacting facelessly online, even facebook is faceless.
> Load up a message board
>check a topic
>"fuck you op and everything about you you're retarded for trying to talk to us we're too cool for that where do you think you are you fucking faggot"
The norm sucks, they're just like the worse basement dwelling neckbeards they accuse anyone of being when in an argument. Just baseless egotistical shit "I'm so great, there is nothing but wrong things with you" and some people that do have their shit together because they're privileged but just as egotistic as everyone else.
It's dumb that's how people want it to be. Fucking cancer.

I miss having actual friends, people you'd see once in a while. Just fun to hang out with for a bit or help one another out with something.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.