[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>get a stem degree they said >you be guaranteed a career
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 3e5.png (88 KB, 500x583) Image search: [Google]
3e5.png
88 KB, 500x583
>get a stem degree they said
>you be guaranteed a career they said
>meanwhile, I'm struggling to even get my first job in CS
>>
>>28806883
The place you worked for during school didn't hire you? Ask the people you worked with in your internship to hook you up with their industry contacts.
>>
>>28806883
even with all the experience you have from side projects you did in your free time instead of playing video games and feel posting on r9k?
>>
maybe you suck
>>
>>28807083
My job has an it department, but they rarely have positions open.
>>
>>28807138
Ask them if they know anyone in another company.
>>
Find a remote programming job on angel.co. There are thousands of well paid, 100% work from home positions for CS graduates.
>>
Too bad, Anjay and Raj are the programmers of the future.
>>
>>28807355
>get first job fresh out of college
>half the people i work with are from india or mexico, or are currently living in india or mexico
>>
Same issue
The American college system is fucked especially in CS
The program doesn't give you the proper education to jump right into most jobs

It's plain as day if you have to have large independent projects on top of classes that something is wrong
So most people end up with a pre graduate school CS degree and have to spend the next year working for less than they would ever want to so they can get the experience their school should have prepared them for anyways
>>
File: 1418783000104.gif (47 KB, 306x469) Image search: [Google]
1418783000104.gif
47 KB, 306x469
>went to school to avoid getting a job
>graduate
>most entry level positions want someone who has been completely concentrated in their field with at least a year of experience
>didn't get any internships while at school because my GPA was about a 3
>now in debt and working at a grocery store
at least I have a little video game money
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.