[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>sign up for astronomy class at college >super excited,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: NEUTRON STARS HELLL YEAH.jpg (228 KB, 673x545) Image search: [Google]
NEUTRON STARS HELLL YEAH.jpg
228 KB, 673x545
>sign up for astronomy class at college
>super excited, ready to learn about stars and galaxies and black holes and all sorts of sick ass shit
>teacher is an indian dude with a very soft voice who does nothing but lecture for an hour and a half in a soft voice
>can hardly understand him
>sometimes he even gets confused by what he is saying and has to stop and go back.
>dreams instantly crushed

god why is college so shit? this happens in all the good classes. only good thing this guy did was show us a video on neutron stars, GODDAMN, NEUTRON STARS ARE COOL AS FUCK

PIC RELATED ITS A FUCKING NEUTRON STAR. THIS PIECE OF SHIT IS THE SIZE OF A CITY BUT WEIGHS MORE THAN OUR FUCKING SUN
>>
I had the same experience with a philosophy class I took
My college was a shitty one, though
>>
>>28806739
i'm taking a philosophy class next semester. hopefully its not shit
>>
use ratemyprofessor m8
>>
>>28807608
This

All of my "fun" classes are always selected firstly by my professor's ratings. The professor is what can make you love learning about Egyptian Hyeroglyphs or hate Astronomy

I'm also taking an intro Astronomy course right now also taught by an Indian professor but he's so cool and makes the class so interesting and the universe seem so magical, same happened with 5 other classes I've taken that sound incredibly boring but have been made amazing by the professors, even sparked plenty interests in me towards subjects I thought I'd never be interested in.

Alternatively your uni might just have shit professors.
>>
>>28806517
if you think neutron stars are nice, wait until you wrap you head around black holes/ or singularities.
i think the accepted theory is that they have 0 volume yet still contain mass
>>
>>28808350
If you think black holes/singularities are nice, wait until you wrap your head around the quantum world, starting by the simple electron which is a particle that is also not a particle but a wave that has no mass but due to momentum actually does have mass and can be in (literally) infinite places at the same time or none at all.

And that's macro-quantum, not even getting into actual quantum behavioral physics or tinier matter like quarks and much less the shitfuckery that is string theory.

The Universe is just a whole bunch of fucked up bullshit and impossibilities and us being here to look at it is something that is beyond magical, beyond godliness, beyond God Himself, beyond anything we could actually comprehend.

I want to stop learning about it because it is just too much but then at the same time I also want to learn all about it, even though I know it will always be impossible.
>>
>>28808704
i have got a very small insight into quantum 'things' just the type of things that come up on discovery at 2am no solid knowledge yet. but it is interesting
>>
>take Calc I-III
>teacher is always foreign, incomprehensible accent, shitty lecture slides
>stop going to class
>end up having to use textbooks, Paul's Online Math Notes and Khan Academy instead
>university still charges me $1400 per class, even though I am now doing all the work
>>
>>28806517
Make a complaint or ask that he speak up.
If you don't do anything about it don't complain.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.