[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I am writing a book about suicide, need advice
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
One of the characters is going to be shooting himself and I want it to be accurate.

The character is going to use a 357 snub nose magnum.

What is the correct way for character to insert in in his mouth.

Like Pic Shown?
>>
File: index.jpg (6 KB, 184x275) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
6 KB, 184x275
or like dis?
>>
I dont want the character to be a vegtable so this is why I am asking.
>>
>>28806379
If you don't know why would he? Is he suddenly a suicide expert? Just shooting yoursef in the brain will kill you no need to make him know exactly where to put it.
>>
because I am asking for some one with knowledge, I want book to be realistic.
>>
>>28806379
From what I hear, best way to do it is Barrel upward in mouth, gun upside down, pointing towards your brain stem. You want to sever the brain stem to ensure death.
>>
>>28806379
what if the character found jesus?
>>
>>28806379
Don't just have him shoot himself anon, that's not good storytelling.

Have his life start turning around and start getting hectic then he offs himself after a minor setback
>>
>>28806379
The OP pic is actually not bad. That slight upward angle is important. You don't want the angle too steep, or you risk blowing your face off but not dying.
>>
>>28806379
Is it a picture book?

Just say he put it in his mouth and shot it, getting the exact angle right doesn't matter.

Oh wait, I think I just figured out that you're not really writing a book...
>>
>>28806493
Ooh, savage.
>>
>>28806470
this and if you want the best way have him go for the temple. if you cant find it put you hands on the side of your face and chew the part that moves thats not your jaw is the temple its the softest part of the skull and even if he doesnt die from brain damage he will from a major artery being blown the fuck out.
>>
the character will not find god.

The previous backstory leading up to this is already done.

I just need accraute info on best way to do it.

I have read brain stem is idea, but if u miss, ur a veggie right?

I would assume upwards is best because that way it hits brain for sure and a 357 is pretty strong.
>>
>>28806527

Temple shots typically dont work tho right? Most of time people end up blind
>>
>>28806567
Im guessing they aim towards the eyebrow, or it's ricocheting
>>
File: 1463258645618.jpg (20 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
1463258645618.jpg
20 KB, 306x306
>>28806379
>I am writing a book about suicide

You and every other white urbanite. Be more original
>>
>>28806379
correct way to shoot yourself is behind your ear to properly destroy the brain stem
>>
>>28806550
Are you Russian?

god dammit robot
>>
>>28806605
*suburbanite
>>
>>28806379
these suicide pics are always pretty spot like with a cocked revolver, but this one doesn't seem cocked.
y eah I know its not a revolver, but its DA/SA, so why wouldn't it be cocked so this suicide man can just breathe on the trigger to off himself? You only need that one lucid millisecond to finally kill yourself, and guns with a hair trigger allow it.
>>
File: luckies.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
luckies.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>28806379
>The character is going to use a 357 snub nose magnum.What is the correct way for character to insert in in his mouth.Like Pic Shown?
My friend, you have ZERO style.
Your book is going to flop.
>>
>>28806605
go back to /lit/ where they only write about swerving shores and sweet, whorish nora's farts
>>
>>28806379
>not having your character shoot himself with an 11mm devisme revolver.
>>
>>28806738
shut the fuck up, Ian
>>
>not having him 360 no scope himself
>>
>>28806567
no the temples above the eyebrows its just most people think that its right behind the eyes for some reason.
>>
/k/ here.

Aim for the brain stem or the rear of the brain.

Point blank a .357 magnum revolver is likely to completely obliterate the entire head anyway.
>>
From a story perspective suicide by firearm isn't a great idea. If you're looking for an open and shut narrative, a gun doesn't always provide that. The character could wind up as a vegetable, which is very far from the original goal. It's also quite messy and not a pleasant sight to happen upon. If there would be a revision I would recommend the old fashioned drop hanging method with the hangman's noose.
>>
>>28806799

But having to hold it that way, id assume the window to hit the stem is thin and I would think the kick would be high especially holding it that way.

Should Charater use his left hand to help stablize the gun so it does not miss stem.

Also do u just hold it full horizontal or do u slightly aim a bit up to that vulva thing that dangles from roof of mouth?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTWFbuzX-l8

are these good bullets?
>>
>>28807098
nigger any fucking bullet will do at point blank.
he can shoot himself with federal, doesn't fucking matter. What kind of autistic story goes into detail anyways, at least like this?
Just write he pulled out his revolver and killed himself, the reader doesn't need to know these fucking details.
Can already tell your story sucks.
Harry potter didn't get written talking about the thread material their robes were made out of or what their shoe soles were made out of.
Ammo doesn't matter until you get autistic about it, like trying to hunt bears with a revolver.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.