[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
White students btfo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 6
File: whitey.jpg (180 KB, 1310x873) Image search: [Google]
whitey.jpg
180 KB, 1310x873
http://www.vox.com/2016/5/22/11704756/affirmative-action-merit?utm_campaign=vox&utm_content=article%3Afixed&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook

>Indeed, the degree to which white people emphasized merit for college admissions changed depending on the racial minority group, and whether they believed test scores alone would still give them an upper hand against a particular racial minority.

>A 2009 sociological study found that white applicants were three times more likely to be admitted to selective schools than Asian applicants with the exact same academic record.

>Nonetheless, Fisher perpetuates the myth of meritocracy that everyone with the same skills and experience should have the same access to opportunities regardless of their background, despite evidence that shows otherwise.

>Of the students who were provisionally admitted to UT with lower test scores than Fisher, five were black or Latino applicants. Forty-two were white. The University also noted that 168 black and Latino students with better academic and personal achievement records than Fisher were rejected
>>
literally EVERYONE knows this
yes even the kids who claim that minorities are taking their spots in the schools know this, they're just lying.
>>
>>28803748
>whites are the new niggers
bwc thread?
>>
>>28803748
>people are biased
>this is an argument against objective standards
>>
she looks inbred
>>
>>28803850
>she looks inbred
>tfw that's what I look like
>>
>>28803837
Its saying that people who behave like the system is unfair to them is actually favoring the ever loving fuck out of them. Basically, whiny white people are whiny
>>
File: lawschool.jpg (309 KB, 1366x610) Image search: [Google]
lawschool.jpg
309 KB, 1366x610
>>28803748
>white applicants were three times more likely to be admitted to selective schools than Asian applicants with the exact same academic record
Asians are discriminated against more than whites by affirmative action. Compare asian admissions with hispanic or black admissions.

42 white applicants out of how many? 168 black and Latino students out of how many? If fisher scored 90% on a test, the students with lower test scores could have scored 89% or 20%, it doesn't show that

The author of this article must have done their research and they must have seen the evidence showing that whites are institutionally discriminated against and decided to trash that evidence in favor of muddled statistics.

It proves that the anti-racist movement isn't actually about fighting racism, they never wanted to live in a world where people aren't judged by the color of their skin and they are not as morally righteous as everyone seems to think.
>>
>tfw technically caucasian but don't look white so I don't really get white privilege but yet I also can't get minority benefits

Just fuck my shit up famalam
>>
>trusting anything from vox

Literally a HuffPo vlog
>>
File: 1464015516183.png (209 KB, 419x551) Image search: [Google]
1464015516183.png
209 KB, 419x551
How do you explain that my black friend that had a 2.7 GPA got into Harvard meanwhile I got rejected even though I had a 4.0 GPA?
>>
>>28804032
You were dreaming.
Or you made it up.

Or he had a really damn good reason, a really damn good portfolio, and got a perfect/near perfect score on the SAT.
Still leaning towards the former by a large margin though.
>>
>>28804032
I think affirmative action is a factor in admissions but it's not nearly as significant as people make it out to be.

They probably pick like 20% of the admissions to be minorities just to satisfy quotas and the other 80% like normal. So in reality you didn't compete with your black friend, you competed with all the other white people.
>>
>>28804032
You don't have black friend and you dropped out of hs
>>
>>28804069
I had more extracurricular than he did and my SAT was a fair bit higher too. Objectively if you took out race, I was better in every way. I didn't get in though. That was like 8 years ago though so it doesn't matter but it did happen.

>>28804100
I did and I've long since graduated my-not Harvard college.
>>
>>28804032
Because you're a lying piece of shit. Why would you come here and just say stuff like this?
>>
>>28804082
That makes sense actually, I can believe that.
>>
>>28804082
That would mean that any minority irregardless of their GPA could get into Harvard.

Do you honestly believe this? Don't cherry pick examples of minorities with low GPAs that went to Harvard either.
>>
>>28804166
>That would mean that any minority irregardless of their GPA could get into Harvard.
Not at all. The minorities still have to compete with each other on some level, I'm just saying that a university will always accept minorities even if the whites are all better and enough to fill the seats.
>>
>>28804032
Because its your make believe story?
>>
>source=Facebook
You need to go back.

Immediately.
>>
>>28804218
The reverse is true. Even if every minority that applied was better than every why applicant, there would still be a majority white class
>>
>>28804218
Looks like I should have applied to Harvard if all you need to be accepted is to be a minority with a 2.7 GPA.

But >>28804032 is still full of shit
>>
>>28804280
I'm not full of shit though, it happened. I'm not saying that's the norm, but it did happen and I legitimately want an explanation.
>>
>>28804032
>>28804313
If you're being truthful, then it's most likely a case of nepotism. Someone in his family must be well connected with the school in some way, or what >>28804069
said
>>
>>28803748
I wan source of the actual study and information on who made it please
>>
File: 223.jpg (39 KB, 450x373) Image search: [Google]
223.jpg
39 KB, 450x373
>>28803748
>ITT we learn people want what is best for their people

Absolutely groundbreaking OP. I had no idea that people tried to make choices that benefit themselves. Just wow.
>>
You guys realize they don't just accept based on your qualifications, right? They will accept lower grade students over higher just to even out the playing field a little. To what extent, who knows, or if that even involves race. They don't just accept the top% that applies.
>>
Of course there is affirmative action in admissions. Can you imagine the shitstorm if a university had only white people accepted one year? It would be insane.
>>
>>28804743
I don't even think that would be feasibly possible in relation to Ivy leagues.
>>
>>28803801
In california, affirmative action is illegal.

Asians are extremely over represented at colleges there, blacks and browns make up nearly no percentage of the students at any decent college, your argument holds no water.
>>
>>28804743
there would be literally nothing wrong with this if they earned it through merit
>>
>>28805635
Point is white students get there through more than just merit
>>
>>28805974
>Point is white students get there through more than just merit
Nope. White people are just better.
>>
>white privilege
>real
I thought 4chan was supposed to be intelligent.
>>
>>28804032
He could've been in more clubs or had better social skills than you.
>>
>>28805999
This has nothing to do with what was stated. Why can't ignorant people just keep their mouths shut when people are having a coherent argument.
>>
>>28803850
shes actually pretty hot, i would date her
>>
>>28806099
>she's actually pretty hot
>post another pic of her looking like an inbred
Come in senpai
>>
>>28805974
The statistics in OP's clickbait article are cherry picked as several other anons have explained in this thread. Even if it were the 1950s and racism was very apparent that doesn't give you the right to discriminate against someone.

Affirmative action really is a flawed policy and misguided.
>>
>look look white students with the same grades are 3 times more likely to be accepted than East Asians
>never mind that black students would be much higher than 3 times more likely to be accepted than Asians

Why does the author consider it an injustice when whites are benefited by affirmative action at the expense of Asians but think it is well and just when blacks benefit from affirmative action at the expense of both whites and Asians?

Well done for committing the exact same hypocrisy you straw-man claim white people to commit.

I'm white and I think all racial affirmative action is horse shit.
University Entrance exam score performance should be adjusted taking into account EDUCATIONAL OPPORTUNITY , I.e. Whether you went to a highschool full of gang crime where most students left unable to solve a pair of linear simultaneous equations , not simply what race you are. A nigger whose parents are both doctors who went to a private school should not receive any preferential adjustment to test scores vs a white kid who went to a school like described above.

I'm white and I think the student with the most potential should always get the place.
It is to be expected that Jews will be over represented and then East Asians after that because they are the two groups with the highest mean IQ.
>>
>stem major
>programming is thing thing i'm good at
>get a job at a tech firm
>surrounded by asians
>literally majority asian
>most 'whites' are jewish
>even the janitorial staff is 'white' because they are hispanic

If I were in a position to hire people, I would take the rampant affirmative action into account when taking educational attainment into consideration.

>tfw even asians are taller than me

(;_;)
>>
>>28803748
>A 2009 sociological study found that white applicants were three times more likely to be admitted to selective schools than Asian applicants with the exact same academic record.
Hmm, I wonder why it didn't compare White applicants against brown ones.
>>
>>28804032
How do you explain that i'm black and got rejected from a basic party college with a 2.5 gpa and that you're full of shit anyway?
>>
>>28806623
>2.5 gpa
Don't give them more ammunition to use
>>
>>28806623
>2.5
toppest of keks

original
>>
>>28806623
How am I supposed to argue in defense of my race when you people do stupid shit like this?

I literally didn't even try in school and got a full point higher then that. My school was also on the 7 point grading scale making it harder to get a good GPA.
>>
>>28804837
It's crazy how many Asians there are in college in California.
>>
>>28806760
>>28806702
>>28806812
2.5 gpa is in the area of high c / low b. Get over yourself snowflake fags, i'm not saying it's a great gpa but it's not a terrible one either. I'm not saying i SHOULD have been accepted either.
>>
File: 1448594875074.png (326 KB, 439x521) Image search: [Google]
1448594875074.png
326 KB, 439x521
>>28806877
>but it's not a terrible one either
>2.5
>>
>>28804837
>Asians are extremely over represented
There is literally no logical reason why this matters. You can ask why there is a disproportionate amount of asians compared to the general population, but if you hate them because they're the wrong race then you're a piece of shit. For all their preaching, liberals are actually morally vacuous cunts.
>>
Racism was extinguished a long time ago. Come on, minorities.
>>
Colleges would be 60%+ Asian if admissions were completely race blind. If anything, AA benefits everyone but Asians.
>>
>>28806942
You're gonna be the minority when Ahmed gets his sandy bomb hands on you cumskin
>>
>tfw white
>have a 300% buff
>still can't get in
>>
>>28806979

Good luck, Ahmed,

He's doing well at isolating himself culturally and economically.

He's doing well at not changing.

He's doing well at welcoming irrelevance.
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.