[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who here /weak/ as fuck? Decide to try to do some body exercises
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: 1412981977540.jpg (16 KB, 527x612) Image search: [Google]
1412981977540.jpg
16 KB, 527x612
Who here /weak/ as fuck?

Decide to try to do some body exercises since I'm a skinny fuck and too anxious to hit the gym.

>Can't plank more than 40 seconds
>Can't do 1 push up
>Already experience pain (that lasts days) after more than 20 situps

Guess I'm stuck with doing jumping jacks
>>
File: 1461185154570.jpg (20 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
1461185154570.jpg
20 KB, 320x320
>>28803316
>Tried to do a jumping jack
>Rolled my ankle
>>
i am
it sucks man

too weak to even no be weak anymore
>>
>>28803316
pain is weakness leaving the body
>>
>>28803423
I still can't do one push up. Once I push my body down, I start to shake and run out of breath
>>
>>28803316
>too anxious to hit the gym
Buy dumbbell's start light and work your way up
>>
me
i only bench 175 pounds i can't call myself a man
>>
>>28803316
Been there senpai. Worked my way up from knee pushups to three sets of one on feet. Then three. Slowly building up on alternate days to running.

These things take time.

And when I started doing these things I experienced great pain. But the pain goes away and doesn't come back.

Just keep doing as much as you can.
>>
File: image.jpg (38 KB, 460x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38 KB, 460x400
I want to get /fit/ cos I'm a skinny fuck but I can gain muscle easily thanks to genetics, but crippling anxiety prevents me from going to a gym
>>
>>28803423
Oohrah devil

>>28803423
You gotta start somewhere. The best part about starting to lift is you see visible gains fast af. I've been lifting for 1. 5mo and I'm up by 15lbs in muscle. Eat right, alot, and work hard. Drink loads of water, and eat protein rich foods. Protein powder works wonders.
>>
>>28803575
>I've been lifting for 1. 5mo and I'm up by 15lbs in muscle.
If you're not on dat dere, KEK. No you're not.
>>
What do you guys do about runnimg out of breath? I can't even run 200 feet without running out of breath and almost passing out. I am not fat at all and I think it might because when I was jn middle school, I had awful allergies in spring and autumn and I never coughed the shit out of my lungs to not disturb people. When I cough now and violently exhale, I hear mucus shit. When I hold my breath, it feels like the lower half of my lungs don't fill with air and the lower part of my ribs hardly lift up.

It stops me from doing any excersize. Anyone else have this problem?
>>
>>28803575
Meant for him
>>28803443

Start light and to the heaviest weights you can and do 2-3 reps and 3 sets. Dumbbell bench, curls and skullcrushers, don't feel anxious about going to the gym, swolefags are actually more eager to show you some good lifts and help spot you then they are to make fun of you. And they're focusing on their own gainz.
>>
>>28803637
I was at 130, I'm 149 now. It might be waterweight, but I'm significantly stronger than I was
>>
>>28803316
just keep planking, if you seriously can't do one push up then either diet if you're fat or do knee push ups if skinny. Main thing to remember is not to neglect your legs however, squats erreday senpai
>>
>>28803646
I just jogged couch to 5k and tried to really push myself. I'd bargain and plead as I ran, things like 'just until the next corner, just until that lamp'.

Made it to week eight and I realize my pace is too slow so I went back to week three and started actually RUNNING it. God damb it hurts.

When I started out I would wheeze like an accordion but that fixed itself quite quickly.

My knees also threatened to explode but I changed shoes and that stopped eventually too. Look forward to that one.
>>
>>28803316
Not /weak/, but when I exert myself I get really intense palpitations.

I swear I've almost had a stroke like 50 times now.
>>
>>28803316
I was /weak/
Maybe not as bad as some other robots, but in high school gym class I would always embarrass myself by struggling to hit ten pushups and I would puke after running a mile because it was so hard on me especially with my asthma.

Then I joined the army, basic training took care of me.
>>
Do Starting Strength.

There's a reason its the most successful general strength program worldwide.

This is the program that is well known for giving guys 30lbs of muscle in a few months. Its basically guaranteed to increase your squat by 100lbs in under 6 weeks. If it doesn't, you're doing the program wrong.

Personally, when I first started, I gained 50lbs in 6 months. A lot of it was fat but a lot was muscle. I increased my squat to 320lbs in 6 months.

Don't listen to the 150lb memers who are afraid of body fat and worried about their biceps. Isolation movements are memes, don't translate at all well into useful movement, and not at all efficient for beginners. Take a minute and think about all the twinks who go to the gym regularly to work out and wander form machine to machine working individual parts of the body and then looking in the mirror. Now how many of them were actually successful? Not many.

Go to a plg thread on /fit/ and get the rundown, their mostly genuinely nice people and you know they're they guys to trust because they're the ones pulling 500-600lb deadlifts. They post videos of them doing it + tripcunt it up so you know they aren't memers. Go there. Wish u the best.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.