[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are your talented at anon? <20's do not apply,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6
File: 1451520920791.png (1 MB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
1451520920791.png
1 MB, 1366x768
What are your talented at anon?

<20's do not apply, you'll find your purpose
>>
File: dark_times_in_disneyland.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
dark_times_in_disneyland.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1936
talent is generous by ive been known to draw a thing or two
>>
>>28800369
Brag thread? Brag thread.

>brilliant writer and poet
>good at making up stories and imagining things
>funny
>have a knack for teaching
>good with children and animals
>natural talent for sprinting
>really good at visualization
>ambidextrous; good at switch-hitting in a boxing match or a fight
>perfect pitch; good singer
>talented at drawing
>great at pattern recognition
>really good at drawing connections
>can remember text I've read with extreme accuracy, even if I read it years ago
>extremely good with language; can rapidly pick up new ones and can read in pretty much any language that has latin or germanic roots; fantastic with etymology
>actual photographic memory
>can learn virtually anything that isn't a physical skill at a more rapid pace than most others
>honestly so talented at most intellectual and creative endeavors that I'm on-par or nearly on-par with people who have those things as their specific talent, across the board
>just a genius in general
>good with gadgets and at making/mcgyvering things

>>28800546
I mean, that's really not bad. Are you self-taught?
>>
>>28800925
>Are you self-taught?
yeah, been a long time coming tho
>>
File: tumblr_o7jf90UNwS1tndn6wo1_540.gif (2 MB, 540x396) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o7jf90UNwS1tndn6wo1_540.gif
2 MB, 540x396
HOW DO I FIND A TALENT I WANT A SENSE OF PURPOSE IN LIFE WAAAAAAAAAAAAH
>>
>>28800546
you should post more desu. i like this
>>
>>28800968
I feel ya.

Honestly, I've always wished that I had some formal training. You ever consider taking a class or getting a book on the subject? You're pretty solid at cartooning for somebody who's self-taught.

>>28800978
Just find something that "clicks" or "resonates" with you. It's not even just about ease. Often, your "talent" is just something that really strikes a chord with you. Love is the root of genius, blah blah blah...you know what I mean.

Also, people will usually recognize your talents and point them out. That said, you shouldn't let others put something like, "You're a natural X" on you.
>>
>>28800369
><20's do not apply, you'll find your purpose
Why would you tell them that with certainty?
I was <20, and that changed without me finding diddly.
Has something happened since then to ensure it for everyone at 20?
>>
>>28800369
i wouldn't call it talent,but i'd say i can write pretty decent riffs on guitar.I also seem to have a predisposition towards drawing and visual arts,but i am a lazy fuck and don't practice enough.
>>
>>28801106
I've been told I'm a pretty good writer but I don't feel the same way. Like I just can't think of any interesting things to write about but I guess I'll find some writing prompts sometime and give it a go.
>>
>>28801106
well shucks, guy
i did take a class once but it was too basic, did give me nothing really
i've been forming a story of my own but motivation and creativity doesnt come easy these days
>>
>>28801203
That's what I mean. You can be naturally good at something and not love it. That isn't to say that you can't fall in love with something, but it's better to do what you love and work at it than to do something soulless because you can do it with ease.
>>
>>28801228
>motivation and creativity doesnt come easy these days

Ain't that the truth? Do you have a bunch of half-finished ideas that you just don't flesh out? I know I do.

>>28801195
>I also seem to have a predisposition towards drawing and visual arts,but i am a lazy fuck and don't practice enough.
I feel ya. Is it just laziness, or are you disappointed with your work when you finish it and discouraged as a result?
>>
>>28801297
i have a deviantart profile full of half finished stuff
its rather frustrating
>>
>>28801297
eh,i'm rarely happy with the results of pretty much everything i do,but yeah,with drawing i'd say is mostly lazines.Not to brag or anything,but i'd say that if i start to practice and study seriously i would probably become pretty damn good at it,but for some reason i don't do it,and that applies to various aspects of my life,actually,that's why i'm a robot.
>>
27 years old and I'm pretty sure my special talent in life is learning how to be good at something really quick but then plateauing before I'm legitimately good/can make something out of it.
>>
>>28801373
>deviantart
Hey, amidst the sonic fanart and the weeaboos, there's actually some pretty good stuff there. No shame in deviantart.

>>28801446
It'll automatically become more rewarding if you work at it and get to see results improve. It's not like in a video game where the first 10 levels come easy and you get instant gratification, which is what makes it feel like a slog to begin with, but if you like it, you should capitalize on your talent.

>>28801473
That hits way too close to home.
>>
>>28801510
some of the best young artists in the world are on deviantart, im just careful mentioning it
>>
>>28800369
the only thing i have ever really been really 'good' at is shooting.
>>
>>28801510

It's probably because I get to that "better than most" level and get comfortable instead of really pushing myself and dedicating myself to it. I started to for a video game and was on the brink of going professional but then life shit happened and I split my attention elsewhere and it just all fell apart.
>>
I'm really good at programming, especially designing APIs and system architectures.

I'd make mad cash consulting since I have more than 15 years of experience, a huge portfolio and I'm kind of famous, but I hate talking to tech illiterates, including the average code monkey, "hip" programmers, programmers who didn't master at least half a dozen programming languages of different paradigms, and especially hate talking to enterprise retards.

At least I enjoy myself.
>>
>>28801599
as long as you dont practice in public its all good
>>
>>28802151
fuck first time i have laughed in months.
thanks for that anon, unfortunately i live in aus so even owning a gun is nigh impossible
>>
>>28802186
any time friend
and in the deown unda youre not likely to hit anything anyway with 2000 miles in all directions
>>
>>28802210
tell that to our gun grabbing jews
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-05-20-08-43-10.png (828 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-05-20-08-43-10.png
828 KB, 1080x1920
I play violin professionally and I got a full ride for "practical" music performance and theory
>>
>>28800369
I'm good at playing instruments. I can pick up pretty much any instrument and come up with a tune.
I'm also very calculating and decisive, which leads me to be a good leader
>>
normie thread
sage
>>
>>28802952
you mean unlike 80% of the fucking threads here?
>>
>>28800925
Post any of those things
>>
File: 1463571644086.png (301 KB, 520x530) Image search: [Google]
1463571644086.png
301 KB, 520x530
literally nothing

I'm a fucking waste of life
>>
>>28800369
>Got frustrated with drawing and I haven't drawn anything in this entire year
>Every couple of days I sit in front of my table and stare at it, maybe start something only to throw it away one minute later
>I say fuck it and go do something else but the desire to draw is still in my mind all the time
I dont believe in natural talent but fuck any person without crippling self dobut
>>
File: 1334191984547.gif (499 KB, 500x205) Image search: [Google]
1334191984547.gif
499 KB, 500x205
>>28800369
ripping through the condom every time I crush some pussy.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.