[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Excessive empathy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 1460610189054.png (17 KB, 882x758) Image search: [Google]
1460610189054.png
17 KB, 882x758
Who here /excessive empathy/?

>can read someone's mood, emotions and sometimes even thoughts perfectly well given a few seconds if I can get a good look at them
>can do this even when I can't get a real physical look of them, at times
>instantly immersed in ANY life story someone tells me, be it normies, cyborgs or robots
>easily understand how they became like that, can relate to any of their feels and know how to replicate such a situation too
>sometimes become so immersed in another's story that I lose track of my own life and start feeling sad
>by proxy I automatically feel sad or happy depending on someone's recent accomplishments (failing/passing a test, for example) but typically only when they're physically close or in some media
>know when and how someone is truly BTFO in any argument
>if I'm paying attention when someone gets BTFO, I feel the pain just as much
>due to this, can't even really get in any serious arguments because no matter what happens, I'll fuck myself over
>can relate so much to embarrassing cringeshit I physically can't even watch most of these videos
>sarcasm and irony are practically never an issue, know when someone is really being made fun of
>usually no problems telling manipulative behaviour or intentions because I instantly think of what a person would realistically do
>can't even maintain any edgy right-wing ideologies because of all this, now am stuck being an egalitarian social democrat
>pretend to not hear people and not give a shit when they spout their crappy life stories because I'll suffer emotional damage by proxy no matter what, which makes many people assume that I'm a cold ass motherfucker who can't feel

This is advanced autism. Empathy is also an overrated normie-tier quality that brings too much suffering. Although it does have some uses.
>>
try an ssri, paroxetine is prob best
>>
>>28796953
I'm INTP so not me

What are you OP?
>>
>>28796953
>can't even maintain any edgy right-wing ideologies because of all this, now am stuck being an egalitarian social democrat

what the fuck man
>>
Lol fucking empaths. Someone just remove your amygdala already.
>>
>>28796953
We in the same boat bro. I teared up a little during a solo viewing of the recent jungle book in the scene where wolf pack leader aquila gets killed. Does this make me pussyboy?
>>
>>28797184
Surprisingly most of the times I take these tests I get INTP, too. But I noticed that the test doesn't exactly focus on abilities and rather on behaviour. I always excessively feel for other people but often refuse to directly do anything about it, so I get T over F.

>>28797186
Yes it's that pathetic.
>>
>>28797291
Interesting

original2
>>
>>28796953

I used to think like this too, but i think i was wrong. It's kind of narcisstic to assume you can perfectly judge a person's emotions by looking at them.

It's like saying "I know you better than you know yourself".
>>
>>28796953
Is that what it's called?

When I used to have friends, and one of them would get really stressed, I would also get really stressed, to the point of physical discomfort.
I tear up more frequently than woman. Was rewatching Evangelion lately and when Rei smiled at Shinji I almost full out bawled, I'm almost tearing up remembering the scene.
Wha tthe fuck is wrong with me
>>
>>28796953

They probably cum really fast during sexual intercourse with their average sized uncut penis.
>>
>>28796953
Same here anon.

Last somebody fell and I went up to them and asked how they were.

Held their hands and I could feel some sadness in them and shed a tear while looking at the guy and told him everything will be okay. I don't know why but he hugged me and said thanks.

Although I like to be a sincere being, I hate this side of myself because it literally makes me unable to acheive my only dream goal which I had to give up because of it.
>>
>>28796953
I used to
It made me afraid of everything and everyone
Now I either operate behind the mask of an ideology or my need to reinforce my pride regardless of others, or I think of people as "background characters" until they do something that makes me think otherwise.

Only thing that really still gets me though is when someone calls an object shit, or rejects a gift, because even if it's some assembly line shit, whoever designed it put a lot of effort into trying to make it special and nice and I don't want them to feel like they've failed, because creating anything is admirable in and of itself and is always representative of unique feelings no one else has.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.