[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who /no drivers license/ here? I'm 22 and have no interest
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: 1418511998158.jpg (11 KB, 122x127) Image search: [Google]
1418511998158.jpg
11 KB, 122x127
Who /no drivers license/ here?

I'm 22 and have no interest in driving. It seems ridiculously dangerous and scary. I dont get how normies do it every day.
>>
>>28796826
Who has a car, but no driver's license?
>>
I drive everyday alongside my will to live (which is rarely with me) so yeah man you'll catch me speeding past you in the wrong lane if we were on a highway and on the regs.
>>
I just never wanted to learn because it was boring. Now I'm 19 and still have to be shoffured everywhere. I'm going to brow beat the shit out of my dad to help me get pass this.
>>
>>28796826
I felt the same, but you get over it after a while. Once you drive you never wanna go back.
>>
File: 1463959349892.gif (605 KB, 360x360) Image search: [Google]
1463959349892.gif
605 KB, 360x360
>>28796840
I have a driver's license but no car. Currently 25 and haven't driven since I was like 15 when I was taking the classes. I have never driven on an actual road before.
>>
>>28796826
yeah trying to get it though. I am failing though... a lot
>>
I was the same as you and then I got a license.

It's still dangerous and scary and you don't want to do it, people only do it because they have to
>>
>>28796925
>shoffured
Fucking kek

Yes OP. I don't drive. Cars scare the fuck out of me: I've been in several car accidents that totaled the vehicle. Just as a concept they are terrifying.
>>
I have my liscence but I don't want one.
I live out in the middle of nowhere so I have to have a car to drive. If I lived somewhere like DC or San Francisco or something I would take the tramway to work and shit. I loved every bit about the trams when I visited DC
>>
>>28796826
i'm having my test in the beginning of june, but holy shit, drivers in my country are just under vietnamese and indians
>>
I am 20 and I still don't know how would I even start my driving lessons. I just wouldn't be able to handle all the pressure and the idea of driving in the city scares the hell out of me. I just don't know why. I would probably sperg out even while signing up for the driving course, so no way in hell I am doing that.
>>
When i was18 my dad forced me to got a license,so after passing the theory test i started to have driving lessons.Back then my social anxiety was still pretty bad,i couldn't take all the stress from driving while being judged by the instructor,anxiety fucked me up and i failed the exam.A year later i signed up to another school and this time i passed.Now i drive whenever i can and i'd say i'm pretty good at it.I am happy to have my license,it gives you a great level of indipendence.However,i do not hs my own car.
>>
>>28796826
It's not as dangerous if you're a good driver.

Basic city driving is actually pretty easy, just with a high ceiling of bad consequences if you do it wrong.

You also pick up a lot of instincts and prediction skills with time, I can tell who's about to cut in line or, who's dangerous and I don't want to be near.
>>
It feels strange. Just 2 years ago I was terrified of driving, any time someone tried to teach me I had so much trouble. If I was on a two lane road and someone was heading down the opposite lane, I'd get scared and go super slow because I thought they might somehow hit me. I'd reach a stop sign, park the car, and switch seats with the person trying to teach me.

And now I drive on a daily basis, without any thought at all, like it's just nature. We're all one big school of fish swimming down the highway.
>>
Can't afford driving school, but I love cars and bikes and have been driving since I was 12 (can't do that now cause lol jailtime).

Agony is right.
>>
>>28796900
This. My driving style is agressive as fuck and I don't give a shit for my life.
>>
It's not worth the risk when there's craploads of horrible immigrant drivers and women on the road. Every day there's a wreck somewhere in the city and that's before the morning is over. I'll stick to the sidewalks where my risk of dying is probably the same but at least I won't total a car and waste thousands in the process.
>>
Driving is fun you fucking normie.
>>
>60yo baby boomer normie stepdad played the victim when i did not wanna go out and do something because he stopped working 2days ago because his legs were hurting from his standing job to stand all day for 9hours.
him;
>guess you are not my friend if you do not wanna go outside tomorrow and do something.
me
>i do not have any money or a car
him;
>we do not have to have money to enjoy our time together. i also do not have a car but we can take uber and go somewhere. wanna go to X?
me
>i went to X yesterday.
him
>wanna go to the mall?
me
>i went there yesterday too. would rather buy things online since 80% of a mall is for females
then as he tries to get the dogs out of my room, he mutters
>let's go dog. let us leave the girl in her room.
>tfw am a M2F
>>
>>28796826
I wish I had a licence, so I could have a comfy job like delivering parcels and shit

But I have no money to get one
>>
>>28796826
Reminder that Takumi is a robot
>>
>>28796826
No license here and I fucking hate it. Not paying all that insurance money on top of tuition.
>>
it scares me because it makes me responsible for an expensive vehicle.
what if i get hit? it doesn't matter who's fault it is, if the car gets damaged i'm fucked, i can't afford a new one.
what if it gets stolen??
i get anxiety about leaving shit unattended like that, i don't trust people whatsoever.
>>
>>28799929
Been coasting on a permit for years as well.
>>
Driving is fun as shit and keeps me from being an immobile piece of shit.

You are a bus person and will always be a bus person.
>>
File: car-driving_2504156b.jpg (56 KB, 620x387) Image search: [Google]
car-driving_2504156b.jpg
56 KB, 620x387
>>28799940
That's what car insurance is for numb nuts
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.