[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does one cope with suicidal urges? Too often they become
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3
File: 1461233445238.png (312 KB, 389x386) Image search: [Google]
1461233445238.png
312 KB, 389x386
How does one cope with suicidal urges? Too often they become very bad for me.
>>
>>28794278
Have you tried suicide yet? I hear it really helps with that kind of stuff.
>>
when do you usually feel these suicidal urges
>>
>>28794278
Op is such a qt ;3c
>>
I try to distract myself, anything to get my mind off of whatever's """troubling""" me. To a fault.

Look up coping skills, there are tons of them.
>>
Believe it or not, you can control your thinking.

When you do get a suicidal urge or thought, take a step back and think about why. You can steer away from the thought and think about something else.

It works for me. I still get suicidal thoughts a lot, and sometimes I do dwell on them. Most of the time though I can take a step back, dismiss it, and think about something else. It'll probably take some practice, like it did for me.
>>
>>28794361
At random or when something has particularly upset me.
>>
>>28794449
do you want my email so if you get upset you can vent to me I will listen to you to help you with your feelings
>>
>>28794278
I drink. It only helps on the days that I drink but it works.
>>
>>28794278
Just recognize and accept that no matter how bad it gets you will never go through with it
>>
>>28794430
I've tried distracting myself, in the end that just leads to me associating whatever I used for escapism with negative feelings and being unable to enjoy it. Once my thoughts spiral downwards, they can't come up on their own. When I was on antidepressants I didn't experience these thoughts much, I essentially couldn't make myself even think about them in detail, I didn't care, but that's not an option anymore.

>>28794489
I appreciate your kindness, but I'm fine. I used to do this often with online friends, but I'm trying to stop because it's annoying and I rehash my concersations.
>>
File: 1409472393869.jpg (73 KB, 709x765) Image search: [Google]
1409472393869.jpg
73 KB, 709x765
I've always found that a shotgun works well to scratch that particular itch
>>
>>28794586
anon do it you can trust me I might be able to help you with your mental health. mental health is just as important as social and physical health don't refuse my offer I will help you when I can because you mean that much to me even though I don't know your name so don't refuse please. would you like my email
>>
File: image.jpg (147 KB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
147 KB, 750x750
Just be strong mang, use the wizda in fuckga, and you win easy.

Feel me?
>>
>>28794586
Just keep trying to think about something else. Like I said it'll take time. I've still had experiences where I think about suicide in detail but I'm able to take a step back and control myself. It's kind of hard to explain I guess, and I think I only reached that point by reassuring myself and feeling that I'm in control.

Maybe you need to find other ways to distract yourself too.
>>
>>28794667
Again, I appreciate it, but I don't want to reach out to any new people and burden them. I'm not worth your time anyway.
>>
Drink nyquil or pop a pill to put yourself to sleep for a while.
That helps me when it gets bad.
>>
>>28794857
I have nothing better to do but help your problems you won't burden me I want to talk you I want you to stay alive you might be an interesting person but nobody has ever bothered to try asking about your personality.
You are worth my time 100% please let me give you my email
>>
>>28794883
Doesn't work, my body won't let me nap even with aid.
>>
>>28795013
It's because the emotions are eating you from the inside out you need to vent trust me
>>
>>28795013
Op respond I'm doing my best to help you but you have to pitch in some to its the only way it can get better
>>
>>28795048
I've tried venting. At absolute most it helps a bit for the time being but not enough. I'm sorry.
>>
>>28795141
its because you don't have complete trust with the person. atleast try to vent to me for 1 week just 1 week to see if I can help you because I care about you just do it please for yourself
>>
>>28795179
Sorry, even those I have known and trusted for months can only help so much when it's that bad.
>>
>>28795274
stop trying to push yourself away from the help you need please I beg you to vent to me for a week and I will help you with your problems it will help us both because then we won't feel lonely just try it for one week
>>
Deal with them for a decade and they just become part of life.

>drop something
>strong desire to kill myself
>misspell a word
>have to do the dishes
etc.
>>
i try my best to ignore it, do something to distract me, but on some loud as fuck music
>>
>>28795303
Okay, what's your email, tripfriend?
>>
>>28795396
Okay before this I will say when I made this email I was young and stupid so prepare for the most autistic sounding email ever
[email protected]
send me an email confirming that it is you
>>
I have the same feels as you OP and i have no great solution to solving them. Perhaps go to a doctor to seek help
>>
>>28795472
I can't; I'm American, otherwise I definitely would.
>>
>>28794489

how can one person be so nice

bless your heart wojak
>>
>>28795623
thank you it makes me feel better about myself knowing that I can help other people feel better about themselves it makes me not feel useless
>>
>>28795555
Are there free therapy services somewhere for you? Even that costs money in canada but some organizations put it on for free
>>
>>28795706
When I was at college I saw the counselor there, which was it didn't really help. Now even if I had that option I wouldn't take it, therapy is a meme.
>>
>>28795706
Right now I'm helping OP out with his problems being a friend for him because I want him to live. I don't know him personally but I care for him now
>>
>>28794278

Like a lot of robots, I don't want to let down my parents. They really think highly of me despite what a fucking loser I am.
>>
>>28795785
I doubt I'll go through with it in the immediate future so you don't need to worry. It is just tempting.
>>
You have to channel them into something else
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.