[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So you've given up? You're ready to kill yourself aren't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: 01.jpg (129 KB, 720x320) Image search: [Google]
01.jpg
129 KB, 720x320
So you've given up?
You're ready to kill yourself aren't you?
You've accepted that the modern woman will never love you.
You've accepted you'll never be able to devote yourself to an intellectual field.

So what do you do now?
Is it over? Is it time for suicide?
Or perhaps you can do something that will give your life meaning once again.
Something completely free, where you food and living was paid as if you were a complete neet.

Where you can live with the most greatful generous people on earth who truly care for you.

My friends I am talking about being a Buddhist monk.
I recently returned from a 3 month trip in Thailand where I lived at a monestary.
This was completely free besides my plane ticket and I came from having held a gun to my head every night to being so greatful I was able to be born in wonderful world.

I am going back for 5 years now, also completely free. After that I don't know but I may just live there till the end of my days, the monks are the most kindhearted accepting people you can imagine.

Join me anons.
Walk the rightous path.
Escape the internet.
Escape the torments of modern life.
Quiet your mind and soul and simply exist in the beauty.

I have a link to what I am doing if anyone would like it, but it's in Thai.
>>
That seems like it could be really cool, could you post the link?
>>
>>28793633
http://ww w. thaip lumvilla ge. o rg
>>
>>28793497
Could you elaborate ? What did you dou all day ? Was it physically hard ? How did you find the monstery ?
>>
>>28793497

Or you could consider western monasticism. Monks were the first robots, who preserved and added to Western culture for over a millennia. Think Juan de la Cruz, one of the greatest Spanish writers. Many new age normies look to 'find themselves' in eastern philosophy, but the greatest mysticisms are right under our noses.
>>
>>28793694
You had tasks and duties of course including cleaning the monestary and stuff. But most of it was either spent in rest and meditation or reading dharma.
It was not difficult physically but it would require basic abilities to walk long distances a day and eat small meals.

>>28793767
That's up to your faith and beliefs anon but I always thought you needed years of bible study and what not to be a monk.

Buddhism is really not a religion and is not incompatible at all with western faith Or Christianity.

It is simply focused on making you a contend and happy individual in this world.
>>
>>28794014
What would you do on a typical day ?
>>
I've always thought about going some spiritual path and becoming a priest or something. Right now I'm an office drone and going the path of a priest seems like such a great escape from the usual modern drag.
>>
I thought Buddhism is about embracing torment, not escaping it.
I can't say the thought hasn't crossed my mind (becoming a some sort of monk).
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.