[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If theres more women in college than men, what are men doing?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
File: 1463661916266s.jpg (7 KB, 250x200) Image search: [Google]
1463661916266s.jpg
7 KB, 250x200
I don't see a huge upswing in trade jobs, factory work or menial labor, so what are men doing if not going to college at the same rate as women?
Hanging out at home and being NEETs?

Or is it that women can't advance in life without college, while a guy can work in carpentry or plumbing and move up to a high level? You don't ever see women in those kind of skilled labor jobs, they either go to school or become secretaries/cashiers/hostesses etc... why can't they be electricians or welders too? Are those trades too much of a he-man women hater clubs?
>>
>>28790220

Women don't tend to go for labour-intensive jobs, so that pushes them into fields where a degree is useful. Also, there's the fact that anyone can get a social science degree, and the vast majority of these degree holders are women.
Women just don't choose to go into fields because they think they will be treated differently for being women. But if you talk to anyone, they would either love to have women working with them or wouldn't care.
>>
>>28790220
>Hanging out at home and being NEETs?
pretty much this. some (the more exotic ones) might even join a gang!
>>
File: drake4.png (108 KB, 323x279) Image search: [Google]
drake4.png
108 KB, 323x279
>>28791965
>tfw no qt engineer coworkers
>tfw only fat old bitter office ladies
>>
>>28791986
actually the radio had a story on the first-gen female engineers, who were working as recently as 40-50 years ago.

According to the story, they literally did deal with MUH EBIL SEXISM on a daily basis, contributing to an unwelcoming work environment. If you can actually get out of your r9k headframe for a minute and entertain the other POV, you can empathize --- that is, if we take the story at face value.

Of course, OTOH we all understand the reasons why once women are in in large numbers, things slow down and go to shit.
>>
>>28790220
>I don't see a huge upswing in trade jobs, factory work or menial labor,
Do you not live in America?
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.