[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is learning the guitar a meme? I learned to play it and I've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
Is learning the guitar a meme?

I learned to play it and I've gotten nowhere with anybody. All I do with it is play it in my room when the internet is boring.
>>
>>28786502
me too dude, i have been playing for 8 years but i only have a shitty acoustic, i have a decente mic but i am poor bacause i live in a third world country and my best years are now behind me. but sometimes it feel good to play whatever the fuck you want because you are able to
>>
Wait, where you under the impression you'd develop friendships and relationships because you knew how to play guitar?
>>
>>28786502
What did you expect to happen, get a record deal?

The music industry is dead and compromised of talentless manufactured pop artists.

You can't strive for anything more than personal satisfaction in this climate.
>>
>>28788284
**comprised. Soz.
>>
Guitar music has been done to death but it can still be enjoyable
>>
>>28786502
Can you play Wonderwall yet
>>
>>28786502
the act of playing guitar is fun, that's the reason to do it
>>
File: 1462505780550.jpg (81 KB, 319x303) Image search: [Google]
1462505780550.jpg
81 KB, 319x303
>>28786502

>i've gotten nowhere with anybody?

if you mean "i've gotten no record deals" thats a bad reason to play guitar

if you mean "people haven't noticed my skills and made friends with me" there is a simpler explanation to why you have no friends

you should be trying to get somewhere with youself through the guitar, anon. learning an instrument is self improvement, record deals and groupies are only a part of the process.
>>
>>28786502
If you're playing it for any other reason than because you enjoy music, than yeah you're wasting your time. I learned it because I like it, and it's been amazing. I never play anywhere except alone in my room, and that's just fine with me. The most satisfying thing in life was finally improving to where I could just play my heart out.
>>
>>28788363
This tbqhwyfs. This is the only reason to ever "get into" something. You do it because you like to do it
>>
>>28786502
It's only a meme if you are anything but classical guitar master race.
>>
>>28788355
Underared post of the year right here.
>>
>>28789703
How do I become competent with the classical guitar on my own, without getting a teacher?
>>
>>28786502
I play guitar because I like to, not because I expect something from it
>>
>>28789738
Even though you specified no teacher I would really advise it at least for the fist few lessons to make sure you don't get into bad habits.

If not just carefully study Youtube videos. They are pretty good these days.

Classical guitar is quite boring until higher levels so requires determination during the early stages.

Also I would advise piano/violin if you are more generally interested in the classical genre; only if you really want to play the famous compositions that are exclusive/written for lute or guitar should you learn to play it. These composers are: Bach, Sor, Dowland, Tarrega to name a few. So if you don't like these, again, I recommend piano and violin.

Remember the classical guitar isn't a good orchestral instrument.

That's my advice.
>>
>>28786502
Go play somewhere. Like an open Mic. Otherwise how would that help you meet someone?
>>
I've been playing for about two years, I feel like it's motivated me to become more like a normie.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.