[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey robots. I made the mistake of aquiring a job as a cashier.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: JUST.jpg (37 KB, 640x334) Image search: [Google]
JUST.jpg
37 KB, 640x334
Hey robots.
I made the mistake of aquiring a job as a cashier.
Give me some tips on how to not be complete shit as dealing with change and not breaking down under pressure.
>>
Former cashier.

LEARN FRUIT CODES
>>
It's 2016.
Most people use credit/debit cards.
Also, learn the fruit and vegetable codes.
>>
>>28785293
>>28785305
or just read the sticker on the fruit.
>>
File: 22.jpg (9 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
22.jpg
9 KB, 225x225
>>28785338
Why would I waste a second reading fruit when I can just memorize that shit you dumb fucking cunt? Fucking end your life you miserable cunt.
>>
I made the same mistake and quit after my first day, but I actually cannot make change. I can't do quick mental math and efficient change combinations, or that giving-you-a-higher amount-and-change-to-get-it-even shit really quickly because it's confusing. I had such a stressful training shift I just knew what I had to do and never came back, didn't even call.
>>
>>28785293
Explain, are they colors?
Also what else uses codes.
What do you do when you can't scan something and your manager is out?
Is it my job to make sure people don't steal?
>>
>>28785405
Are you me?
How do you try to fight this?
I was actually amazing at math in high school when it was only me and my brain and taking my time.
But even in fucking elementary school when the teacher did those out loud simple math problems I could never ever get a single one right.
Shit I still need to use my fingers when there is a number bigger than 10 involved.
>>
>>28785282
I once worked as a cashier, lasted 1 day. Not doing that shit anymore.
>>
Question.
If you apply for a job at a place like Walmart, Bestbuy and so on.
Should you tell then you don't want to do cashier work before they hire you, after they hire you or never?
>>
Just type tje money you get in the computer. It will,say how mich change you have to give.
>>
>>28785282

In the RARE occasion you actually need to make change without the help of your POS, do the following:
Take the total, say 35.35
Note the total given, say 50.
Now just add to 35.35 until you get to 50.
That's your change.
>>
>>28785638

only after, and mention your uncle used to burn you with hot coins so they scare you
>>
File: 1340074525279.jpg (11 KB, 236x285) Image search: [Google]
1340074525279.jpg
11 KB, 236x285
>>28785666
WHAT IF IT BREAKS
>>
You have to suck dick until you master the art
>>
File: 1451357604987.gif (494 KB, 646x466) Image search: [Google]
1451357604987.gif
494 KB, 646x466
>>28785679
But thats impossible anon
And if they see me counting with my fingers they will laugh at me and I dont need that.

Also what if some little fucker decides to pay me with pennies?

I'll lose count for sure!
>>
>>28785719
I thought you autistic fucks are supposed to be good at math.
>>
>>28785758
Only when I'm alone at 3am in my basement with nobody looking at me and I'm fully naked.
>>
>>28785405
>giving-you-a-higher amount-and-change-to-get-it-even
Don't fucking trigger me like that. Stuff of fucking nightmares. I hated when people tried to do that shit after I already entered it into the machine. I just told them I already put it in. They would always just say, "Okay..." because obviously that doesn't matter, and then I would just stare at them until they kind of gave up and just took their change. Fortunately no one ever made too big of an issue out of it, but god that fucked me up so much.
>>
>>28785803
>>28785468
>>28785405

Are you fucking retarded? There are illiterate niggers working cash registers right now who have no problem giving correct change.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.