[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ok so in passing, my good friend told me an idea for an app that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: 1463932102815.jpg (18 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1463932102815.jpg
18 KB, 480x480
Ok so in passing, my good friend told me an idea for an app that I thought was decent a few days ago but after thinking about it I realize it could have potential. I really want to make this app, but I'm concerned that this could be betraying his trust. What should I do?
>>
>>28784873
Tell your friend you want to make it because you think it has potential. There is nothing to stop you from doing it. Its out of courtesy that you inform him.
>>
That's some Facebook shit, but most likely he would try to take you to court, if you win that might be one thing but you still fucked up.
>>
>>28784903
How would he take me to court? It was an idea in his head that I've now expanded. Shouldve clarified that in op
>>
>>28784873
Long neck is long
>>
>>28784934
Lawfag here.

We call that a confidence infringement. No other copyright protects ideas except this area of law and he can indeed take you to court over it and get you to give up any profits you made should you be able to market this product.

Better talk to your friend about it first.
>>
Become Mark Zuckerberg, embrace your inner Jew and make billions.
>>
>>28785071
IF thats true than anyone can sue anyone by claiming they "stole" their idea. Doesnt make sense
>>
>>28785126
Anyone can sue. Trials and evidence presented is what wins you the case anon. Why don't you look up breach of confidence

Each cause of action must have elements that are fulfilled. Op can be sued, that's all I'm saying.
>>
>>28785153
Does it need to be said though? I'm not going around telling everyone water is wet.
>>
>>28785261
No the point is he thinks he can't be sued when in fact there is law that protects the copyright of ideas.

The legal system isn't that much of a failure that anyone can sue for any frivolities. I'm trying to say this is an actual cause of action.
>>
>>28785153
>>28785289
yes anyone can sue for anything but lawyers wont take it unless you have a real case then theres the issue of affording legal, and winning the case
>>
>>28785153

yeah but he would have to prove that he came up with the idea first and there's no proof of that if op was told this verbally.
>>
>>28785309
You're obviously not in the industry. Lawyers take cases as long as their clients can pay the fees. We do bankruptcy checks first. We get paid regardless of whether or not we win, remember?
>>
>>28785337
There are presumptions that are used in the presence of certain relationships in he said she said situations in which the court can assume that it probably happened due to an existing relationship of confidence existing between two parties.
>>
What's the idea for the app?
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.