[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Robots, what is love? Is it when you realize you can't spend
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: OIvVMzXbmJA.jpg (59 KB, 500x600) Image search: [Google]
OIvVMzXbmJA.jpg
59 KB, 500x600
Robots, what is love? Is it when you realize you can't spend a day without a specific person involved in your life? Is it when you see or interact with a specific person, your heart ALWAYS skips a beat? I just got in a relationship with this one girl
>inb4 get out of my board normie REEEE
(Ive been coming here for 4 years. )
and we both just absolutely adore each other. What is the average time a normie waits to say "I love you"? I've heard 3 months is good, but a normie I work with has said it about 3 weeks in. This girl is amazing, but when is a good time to drop the L word?
>>
>>28784087
>Robots, what is love?

It's when concern of their future keeps you from killing yourself.
>>
>>28784087
>What is love ?
A song by Haddaway.
>>
>>28784128
Seems like a fair point, but wouldnt you argue that there's more to it than that? For example, how involved you are in their future?
>>
>>28784197
No. Love is the desire to preserve the person/the thing's characteristics and protect if from harm.
>>
>>28784128
Couldn't have said it any better
>>
A chemical reaction :^)
>>
>>28784185
Not really answering his question anon
>>
>>28784232
>preserve the person
But what if you want to watch them grow as a person? What if you're determined to participate in their lives to make it easier for them to drastically change themselves?
>>
>>28784087
Say it while you're both drunk to you build some plausible deniability if it doesn't go down well.

Don't make a big thing of it, have a long emotional chat about your goals and values and stuff, then slip in "and I always think about you when you're not around, I think Im falling in love with you"

DO NOT SEND A BIG WALL OF TEXT LIKE EVERY FUCKING OTHER ROBOT DOES. NOTHING GOOD EVER CAME FROM A WALL OF TEXT.
>>
File: 000888.png (67 KB, 255x199) Image search: [Google]
000888.png
67 KB, 255x199
>>28784087
>Robots, what is love? Is it when you realize you can't spend a day without a specific person involved in your life?
No, thats just neediness and clinginess

>Is it when you see or interact with a specific person, your heart ALWAYS skips a beat?
No thats just excitement/arousal

>I just got in a relationship with this one girl
ree normie

>>inb4 get out of my board normie REEEE
>(Ive been coming here for 4 years. )
>and we both just absolutely adore each other. What is the average time a normie waits to say "I love you"? I've heard 3 months is good, but a normie I work with has said it about 3 weeks in. This girl is amazing, but when is a good time to drop the L word?

Love is a concept related to compassion and gratitude that has been bastardized into little more than a buzzword nowadays.

The feeling of 'being in love' is just attraction, arousal, excitement, etc. and it is a purely subjective state based on how you feel about what you have built up the other person to be in your mind and imagining they might feel the same way. People who worship anime waifus and creepy psycho stalkers get the same feeling, it means nothing except your are preoccupied and obsessed with her, and the feeling can some and go in an instant. The only reason such strong feelings exist is o keep you enthralled long enough to plunge your seed into the subject of your desire, pass on your genes, and lose interest and fuck someone else next time you get horny,

If you are going to say it anyway, it should just slip out casually during conversation, not something you ass after goodbye or make a big show and big moment out of.
>>
>>28784087
when you desire another's happiness above your own
>>
>>28784295
This is a good question for elaboration, even if it's not very nice how you quoted a noun out of an apostrophe. I think self-inserting in that person's life might betray possessiveness a bit more than just wanting to see them around (which I do admit is possessive).

I think a good hypothetical would be: if you were to just let the person receive hints and ideas anonymously, as if sent by a guardian angel to sentimentally phrase it and found here and there, without them knowing it's you, would you be happy to do it? This kind of what people are going to call whiteknighting I insist is true love.
>>
File: 08558.png (528 KB, 695x469) Image search: [Google]
08558.png
528 KB, 695x469
>>28784362
>not something you ass
Am I the only one who laughs so hard at my own typos sometimes that I pee myself a little?
>>
>>28784319
>Say it while you're both drunk to you build some plausible deniability if it doesn't go down well.

It sounds awful to be able to deny one's own confession.

>>28784363
This, simply.

>>28784377
Also, I should mention that the ideas/hints I'd like to share with the person should be informative, not coercive or suggestive. They should be 'if you one does this, then this and-this happens' information, not 'I think that you should do this...' recommendation. This is pretty important.
>>
>>28784419
>if you one
*if one
>>
>>28784363
>>28784419
(Although after thinking I would probably replace 'happiness' with a less presuming 'wellbeing'.)
>>
>>28784319
I know not to do that autistic shit. Learned for hard way in high school. We both tell each other we really like each other and we've seen each other almost every day since we've become a thing. She's a great match for me and we get along so well, but what is the normal time to say I love you? When is a approraite situation to say it, other than a night full of drugs and sex? Some people will argue when you start caring about their future, some will argue after a few dates only because it seems normal.
>>28784377
Isn't love possessive naturally? Like hey, you mean the world to me, make sure you do the things that made me fall for you unless you want me to lose interest. To tell y'all the truth before I make myself sound stupid, I'm pretty drunk right now (OP ).
>>
Love isn't something you feel, it's something you practice. If you're doing it correctly, then they will know you love them without you having to say anything at all. The sooner you stop thinking of infatuation as love the better.
>>
>>28784506
that's a good point. Not everything that makes you happy is good for your wellbeing.
>>
>>28784559
>what is the normal time to say I love you

I've personally come to prefer 'I'm in love with you' as an admission because it's more explicit about it transience (which takes away none of its earnestness).

>Isn't love possessive naturally?

I never denied this, but there is egoistic possessiveness and altruistic possessiveness, namely selfish actions that still manage to restrict versus give personal freedom to that person.

>drugs

She should drop you.

>>28784591
I think it's still respectful to state your feelings one time.
>>
>>28784087
For me, it was like this, at least for romantic love:

You realize, while hanging out with this person, that this is a really strong connection you probably couldn't replicate again. She's there, and she likes you, and you both have so much in common. You want her to be happy, and you can only hope that her idea of being happy is being happy with you.

Then she fucks off and you're left alone, and the process starts the next time you get a gf.
>>
>>28784621
Indeed. Sometimes information is painful.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.