[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just finished an iq test with a score of 101... who else /brainlet/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 8
Just finished an iq test with a score of 101... who else /brainlet/ here. Also is it possible to become more intelligent or is it all genetics?
>>
Yes, it is. Go study some logic problems and train your brain. Genetic may make it easier for you, but you can probably be at the top 20% of humanity with just perseverance.
>>
101 is above average
>>
>>28782573

By exactly one point, if you arent from one of those smelly countries, where the average is significantly lower.
>>
>>28782573
>above average
Do you even know how IQ scores work??

>>28782545
Generally you can only increase IQ by about a maximum of 5 points in your entire lifetime

In other words OP is basically fucked by genetics
>>
>>28782407

>score of 101

>/brainlet

fuck outta here. jpg

101 is 1 above average. ONE. one is fucking nothingg
>>
>>28782407
130 here

i'm sorry you don't have the raw logical capabilities to filter out what is good from r9k that can help you get a gf and not put up with bullies and what is garbage that will isolate you forever

at least you can hypothetically be chad with a 100 iq though, all chads are 80-105, that's a scientific fact
>>
http://www.wilderdom.com/intelligence/IQWhatScoresMean.html
>>
>>28782866
Yeah the problem for me was I thought I was smart so this was a huge hit to my self esteem.
>>
File: Suicide_pepe.jpg (22 KB, 358x398) Image search: [Google]
Suicide_pepe.jpg
22 KB, 358x398
>>28782866
>dullness
>>
File: 2016-05-13_266878581.jpg (206 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2016-05-13_266878581.jpg
206 KB, 1920x1080
>>28782833
As an above 150 IQ beastmode human, I must inform OP that this tripfag is mostly accurate and I hope that you take it to heart.

Though not all Chads are average or below average. But then again, it depends on what each of us perceives the term "Chad" to describe anyway.
>>
>>28782407
You can do pretty much anything you want with a 100 IQ, t b h

Anything more than 100 is generally wasted by 99% of people in this era. Blame technology and all the time people waste on it.
>>
>>28782906
smart doesn't always mean only high IQ
IQ is mostly a measure of problem solving ability
Smart can just mean you have acquired a lot of knowledge through studying or experiences or you can seem smarter than you are due to how learn best (like do you learn best visually, auditorily, through practice, or whatever)
>>
>>28783016
Technology makes a lot of high IQ people with a lack of drive become completely pointless individuals as far as CONTRIBUTING TO SOCIETY goes.

But then, who gives a fuck about contributing to this "social capitalism" madness anyway?

The one true way to live life as a high IQ human nowadays is to build your own self-sustaining little world and grind the intellectual life away. Waste no time trying to become part of something you don't care about or support, you'll be perpetuating all that makes human beings miserable, yourself included.

Also, everything is a social construct and the notion that "you're wasting your potential if you don't invent best new energy source" just because you have a genius IQ is frankly illogical. But you know, things and stuff.

I'm sure what OP is concerned about here is that he has suddenly realized that he's actually not as intelligent as he previously thought he was, unrelated to his actual achievements in life, I think he's probably experiencing some unfortunate feelings of regret about that one time he tried to talk someone down for having an opinion that was different from his (while justifying his opinion as better because he's smart).
>>
>>28783146
People will disagree with you but you are 100% correct
>>
>>28783038
Most people with an IQ of 100~110 seem to have a lot of delusions about being more intelligent than they actually are. I'm not even sure why but I'm going to have to guess that they're smart enough to "know more" than the people they've been exposed to in life and this somehow makes them think that they're THE BEST TO EVER BE because of their already average IQ, that is. You know, the whole lack of awareness of exactly how much more intelligent than you other people can be, the generalized lack of notion of what's likely and what's not.
>>
>>28783146
Op here. It's not really regret more just the jealousy of being born inferior. But I guess both scenarios would make sense
>>
>>28783323
>inferior

IQ of 101 is about as average as you can get, how is that inferior? Half of the population has an IQ between 90 and 110
>>
How's a ~115 IQ, fellas? I don't have an exact IQ score to look at within this past decade and won't be able to get one, but scores from my childhood and from various other recent tests that can serve as somewhat of a substitute suggest 110 or slightly above.

What careers/majors can I handle and which am I eliminated from? Basically, I'm just trying to get a good gauge of my ceiling to determine where to go with my life form here.
>>
>>28783323
I am the 150+ IQ poster and I want to inform you that the ability to be happy and lead a fulfilling life will always be more important than your processing/problem solving/pattern recognizing ability.

Trust me on this one, really. Having a high IQ is akin to being born extremely beautiful, there is no tangible benefit to it other than the flawed perception of "more options in life".

Everyone has all the options they could ever possibly want, becoming a once-in-decade Einstein aside, a lot is within your reach. Sure, there are things you won't ever truly understand or feel or even be able to discuss with certain people, but... Isn't being average the most beneficial to one's happiness?

Even though being happy might sound unimportant, I assure you that you've probably just idealized too many high intelligent individuals and found them charming and are jealous of this charm that you find in them.

It is not all that great to be above the genius IQ threshold. In fact, it's kind of shit, if not truly shit. It's an incredible challenge to find any sort of fulfilling relationship and you don't seem to be able to understand certain struggles that the average person seems to have.

tl;dr // Just don't be jealous and think of what you need to be happy without getting clouded by weird desires of changing things you can't change.
>>
>>28783509
>It is not all that great to be above the genius IQ threshold. In fact, it's kind of shit, if not truly shit. It's an incredible challenge to find any sort of fulfilling relationship and you don't seem to be able to understand certain struggles that the average person seems to have.

I'm slightly above average and even I can relate to this.
>>
>>28783505
Think 115 is about the average for bachelor degree college graduates
>>
>>28783509
Mmhyeah this is a good post, thanks. After I get over my current bout of self-hatred and wanting to smash my head in with a brick I'll read this over again.
>>
>>28783146
I like you, mr. Robot.
>>
I am someone with an IQ of about 110-ish. I went to a private school, which gave me a headstart once I went to public school, so I have always been "gifted". I took AP classes, college courses, and extra courses in HS. However, I can't do math, not even simple mental math. I had to take intermediate algebra 2 for two years in highschool and the math was the only score on my ACT not in the 30's. I don't have a good sense of direction or spatial awareness whatsoever. In those pattern-finding IQ tests I start guessing the answers halfway through I'm so bad. I required so much extra tutoring and supplementary courses just to meet the math requirement for my degree, and it was a struggle. I am going into Human Resources, which doesn't pay much but is a soft skills major and not very difficult. I think that the best thing you can do is take advantage of your strengths and work really, really, really hard to makeup up for what you lack to achieve your goals. I've had so many frustrated moments just wondering what's wrong with me because of math and I just don't let myself feel bad about it anymore. It's just who I am.
>>
>>28783509
>Everyone has all the options they could ever possibly want, becoming a once-in-decade Einstein aside, a lot is within your reach.
cool a bunch of worthless options and the guarantee that I'll be replaced by a machine within my lifetime
>Isn't being average the most beneficial to one's happiness?
actually that's heroin
>>
>>28783509
Hello fellow beastmode human. We humbly request that you cease perpetuating the "happiness" meme at once. Thank you.
>>
>>28783716

Have you had your verbal vs nonverbal tested ever to see how big a discrepancy there is?

Just an FYI that big discrepancies have been noticed between verbal & nonverbal in a few groups (namely Ashkenazi Jews and/or those with Aspergers)
>>
>>28782833
What was your GRE score? I have an iq of 125 and I fucked up on it really bad lol.
>>
>>28783509
Silly post. I get your main message but:

>In fact, it's kind of shit, if not truly shit. It's an incredible challenge to find any sort of fulfilling relationship and you don't seem to be able to understand certain struggles that the average person seems to have.

This is the robot's plight you are talking about, and it has nothing to do with IQ.
>>
>>28783742
I've never been tested, but autism does run in my family and I am about 99% sure I am somewhere on the spectrum because of other things. That's also something else I don't think about, but you're right about that correlation.
>>
>>28783718
Getting replaced by a machine means you'll end up receiving an universal income. Switzerland and Holland are already building the groundwork for these systems to exist. They are aware that machines are going to replace humans soon enough.

And this is a good thing because it means you'll be able to pursue whatever you truly want to be, no matter how shit/worse than others you are.

And yeah, I guess you can just take heroine to feel absolute bliss, but it's a cheap cop out with horrible consequences. It's up to you though.

>>28783727
What about happiness is a meme?

>>28783768
You could just google about how people with genius IQ and above genius IQ actually experience life and spare me the trouble desu.

But, just because "all robots" (which I doubt is even a true premise anyway) experience lack of connection with other humans, that doesn't mean that experiencing lack of connection with other humans is exclusive to "robots".
>>
>>28783855
>Getting replaced by a machine means you'll end up receiving an universal income. Switzerland and Holland are already building the groundwork for these systems to exist. They are aware that machines are going to replace humans soon enough.

There will be significant Conservative and rich-type blocking of this because they'll be the ones heavily taxed to subsidize it
>>
Exactly how reliable are online IQ tests? I'm assuming that's where most of you are getting these numbers from. Obviously, I'm sure they aren't accurate in comparison with official IQ tests and whatnot. Still, I've scored anywhere between 115-130 on all that I've taken, so I assume it's at least accurate in the sense that I'm likely above-average.
>>
>IQ

Fucking garbage. Make your own destiny. Set out to learn what you want to learn.
>>
>>28784011
Not accurate at all, little more than click bait
>>
>>28782407
IQ isn't designed to measure how intelligent you are, it's designed to measure your ability to function day to day. The same as the clinical tests that the black dog institute uses to measure presence and severity of depression (you can't get to them without seeing a psychologist and being referred) aren't designed to measure how happy you are, simply if mental disorders are present.

You become intelligent by actually knowing useful information, and being able to apply that to real life situations, or even academic ones in efficient and innovative ways. It's not about how high you score on a test.

Not to mention these internet tests don't actually give you the same results as a proper IQ test, which measures your ability to function in a bunch of different fields, giving you different IQ's for those fields, such as verbal or analytical, not just a "you scored this high and are this smart at everything, congrats".

You can safely bet that anyone who feels the need to boast about their IQ and not their achievements isn't as intelligent as they'd like you to think, and are at best just a great example of wasted potential.

Also, ignore any retard who says that high IQ results in certain personality features, it doesn't. Most people with high IQ's are normies or chads, as they're the majority of the population, and they're about as varied as it comes as far as personality, easily as much as the people who post here.

In short, learn more to become smarter, and you'll end up better off than nearly anyone on this site, though apparently every /sci/ poster is an engineer/med student/phd in maths 300k starting/literally god.
>>
>>28782724
I mean it is above average.
>>
>>28782407
You do know that unless it was an official MENSA IQ test that it doesn't count right?
>>
How are tests supposed to work? Do people study or them or is it supposed to be you take it once and first try is only time that counts?
>>
>>28782724
Although nobody will believe me my is IQ 187 (officially tested).
Many studies have shown that not only can your neurons become more efficient but your brain can create new neurons at all stages in life with the ever present stem cells in your brain.
From personal and scientific experience your IQ can immensely improve through practice. (but genetics do help).
>>
>>28784392
No. You go to a proper psychiatrist and he administers a test which will take at least an hour, and cover a lot of different topics. If he thinks your score is inaccurate, you'll resit, but obviously different questions. A psychiatrist can also take into account mitigating factors, presence of anxiety or other distress, the persons general mental state at the time, anything that could influence the score, including even if you're well rested.

Then that test is broken into several categories, which are scaled separately and commentary is given on each part, before it's merged into a single score that's considered to be your IQ, though it's only really useful to measure if you're clinically retarded, or if you're less able to function as a result of other illness, mental or physical.

People who go "My IQ is this and that means I'm this smart" miss the fundamentals of how it works, and what it tells you.
>>
>>28784455
Even though I would like to believe otherwise for obvious reasons IQ is still inaccurate and shouldn't be taken too seriously
>>
>>28784455
Kek, sure it is retard, no test scales that high, and the few that do consider closer to 200 to be average.

Above around 140 it's essentially just guesswork, because not only are the tests obviously not meant to go that high, and most just flat out cap around 150-160, but it's essentially guesswork above about 140, because any tiny factor could impact your score massively, and a person could easily score 150 one time, then 160 the next, then 140 the one after.
>>
>>28782407
Source on pic?

hioqwh
>>
>>28784479
Is the test battery vulnerable to gaming/studying?
I'm just curious if retaking leads to improved scores is it resistant to that.
>>
>>28784519
>>28784489
I did say my score was by no means reliable and something to boast. I was just trying to give what I did get so my actually important information could be taken a bit more heavily even though it was futile from the start
>>
>>28784540
retaking would probably help a bit simply from practice.
>>
>>28784540
No, it's not really a test you can study for, there's no prerequisite knowledge you need. You could probably hone your skills in the related topics I suppose, but it's not a test you're meant to study for, and it is as resistant to it as is possible. Same as for retaking, there's a heap of questions they draw from, so you'd have to take it an insane amount of times, each of which costs you money unless you're referred for medical reasons.

Honestly though, don't bother. Study for a uni course or something useful, don't waste your money on a test that's literally only used for diagnosing retardation and internet boasting cred, you can just make up a score just as easily. It's not going to make you any smarter, and it's not designed to tell you how smart you are.
>>
>>28784573
>I'm not boasting, but my IQ is so much fucking higher than yours, and that means you should believe me

Nice try.

>I was just trying to give what I did get so my actually important information could be taken a bit more heavily even though it was futile from the start

Maybe post a source from an actual reliable journal or study then, because you claiming an impossible IQ doesn't make it true.

By the way, mine's 3000(universally agreed upon by all psychiatrists), and you're wrong.
>>
>>28782407
Pretty sure these IQ tests are horseshit, as I scored 142.
>>
>>28784631
Probably the best refuting claim to my intellect is that I actually posted it even though I knew from the start it would get people pissed and distract from my main point. Honestly don't believe my baseless claim that's fine but look up everything else I wrote and see that it's true to understand my actually irrefutable points.
>>
>>28784707
Your actual problem is you believe humans are rational. Wishful thinking.
>>
File: 1436832465294.png (384 KB, 705x646) Image search: [Google]
1436832465294.png
384 KB, 705x646
IQ scores don't necessarily measure your intelligence.

All they measure for certain is how well you can do IQ tests.
>>
>>28784745
How sad I thought I gave up on the general human population a while ago. I guess I still have room to be dissapointed
>>
File: 1460133091983.jpg (32 KB, 333x499) Image search: [Google]
1460133091983.jpg
32 KB, 333x499
>>28784745
It is rational to be emotional when you are a human being.
>>
>>28784707
>Probably the best refuting claim to my intellect is that I actually posted it even though I knew from the start it would get people pissed and distract from my main point

Except that's the only reason you'd post a bullshit IQ, obviously it's not going to prove your point.

Oh, and just claiming a point is irrefutable doesn't make it so. I can claim you're irrefutably wrong as well, and as you've posted no proof, I don't need to post anything more to prove you so. Post some proof or everything you've posted is little more than just an opinion. Back up a point with something.

>>28784745
>>28784776
Nice samefag, being condescending about how everyone's totally less than you, and less rational makes me wrong, right?
>>
>>28784796
Having emotions is human. You can control the degree to which you let them influence you and your decision making process though.
Emotions also don't shield you from being objectively wrong and are no excuse for acting retarded.
>>
>>28784813
the rational dude wasn't me but there we go with the unprovable shit (have fun typing all about that).
also congrats on repeating what I said in less concise wording. But since you seem rather dense I will say that bringing up my IQ was actually stupid since I had no proof and you can believe I'm wrong. But why would I show off anonymously to people I will never know,
>>
>>28782407
Sauce on girl in your image OP?
>>
>130 IQ
>finished getting a degree a long time ago. was boring
>mentally not interested in anything having to do with math, language, or science at all or any smart sport
>always liked stuff that pulls on your emotions or vidya games that have deep but simple competitive mechanics
>too neurotic to trust women or date
>neet most of the time due to failure to learn how to perform job correctly or he social

Feels normal man
I sometimes feel like sub 80 IQ when experiencing the real world. I guess i'm either sheltered and unexperienced or actually retarded.
>>
>>28784851
>You can control (...)

Some can, some can't, and that is only rational and logical to assume. You only realistically come into play in how you decide to deal with people who are ruled by emotion when they want to be in your life.

>Emotions also don't shield you from being objectively wrong and are no excuse for acting retarded.

They shield you from being any objective anything to be quite upfront with you, but you don't personally have to deal with people who are objectively retarded.
>>
>>28784869
>the rational dude wasn't me but there we go with the unprovable shit

There we go again? Where have I claimed unprovable shit? Also, I hardly think that calling samefag on someone that came out of the blue simply to make a pretentious comment in a similar writing style as the dude who replied to him with a similarly pretentious comment is the same as unfounded scientific claims.

>But since you seem rather dense

If being concise is so important to you, why not just post "ur dum"? It says the same thing. Also, me posting more words than you in no way makes me dumber than you.

> I will say that bringing up my IQ was actually stupid since I had no proof and you can believe I'm wrong

It's stupid because literally no tests scale that high. It's not even just that you posted your IQ, it's that you posted an impossible one as proof of your points in place of any sort of evidence.

I must say though, for someone with an apparently insanely high IQ, you have a very hard time getting your point across beyond

>look up everything else I wrote and see that it's true to understand my actually irrefutable points.

Which the best understanding I can get of it is "if you agree with me you'll see I'm right", and even then it's extremely vague what you're trying to say. And going "can't prove me wrong despite that what I said is impossible :^)".
>>
>>28784991
When I said unprovable shit I meant my IQ. I should have explained more I just thought it was obvious
The efficiency of your language wasn't the cause of my inference but your inability to understand and overlook mistakes. (the mistake being that I trusted people like you)
I will admit my rhetoric is awful right now but I blame that on my tired mind 3:12 AM.
When I said check my facts I meant the originally point of IQ's malleability.
Once again why would I lie about my IQ to show off.
>>
>>28784991
Virtually every post on 4chan is out of the blue.
>>
>>28784940
It's not about controlling your emotions the moment your body and mind is getting the impulses. It's how you act after they have subsided somewhat and you are actually registering your emotions as such.
In that moment you can control them rather than continue being controlled by them. Properly processing and filtering them will then help with making rational decisions.
All this does not mean you have to or should suppress emotions, just that you should be more self-aware.
>>
>>28782407

yes, there secret for brainmuscle fact.
finden smartlady with feminine penis and suki suki saying i want big score i want smart suki till smart juice cum no gay feels though
>>
File: 1462456218529.png (75 KB, 800x629) Image search: [Google]
1462456218529.png
75 KB, 800x629
Its not really worth bragging when you're anonymous

>120 tested by psychiatrist
>same meme autism flavor as Einstein 'Einstein Syndrome'
>people like college profs called me a genuis
>A's up till differential equations doing the lazy shit thing

>repeat drop out
>no friends
>shitposting on /r9k/ and /s4s/
>>
>>28785127
>When I said unprovable shit I meant my IQ

Except it's not unprovable, it's a fact that tests don't scale that high. You literally cannot score that high.

>The efficiency of your language wasn't the cause of my inference

Except you explicitly said that I just reworded what you said in less concise wording. You know what concise means, right?

>I will admit my rhetoric is awful right now but I blame that on my tired mind 3:12 AM.

Fair enough, though it's hardly fair to shit on mine when yours isn't great either was my point there.

>When I said check my facts I meant the originally point of IQ's malleability.

I don't know either way about the malleability of IQ, I can see it being changeable, but I can also see why the tests would be designed to be resistant to training for, resulting in a less variable result short of things like your current mental state. But your maximum result should be stable while in the range the tests are designed to measure short of obvious things like brain damage or severe mental illness.

>Once again why would I lie about my IQ to show off.

To garner approval from online strangers to feel worthwhile, to give yourself more credibility in a thread, because you just felt like baiting, there's plenty of reasons, but only you can answer that in the end. Is your argument seriously "Do you really think I would do that? Just go on the internet and tell lies?".

>>28785145
True, but I meant it wasn't even related to the topic, and there was obvious samefagging going on.
>>
File: stephen-hawking-a.jpg (68 KB, 690x388) Image search: [Google]
stephen-hawking-a.jpg
68 KB, 690x388
>>28785571

>it's a fact that tests don't scale that high

His is 280.
>>
I'm 115 and I'm the least retarded person I know. Be glad you aren't a big fish in a small pond anon
>>
>>28785728
He's been quoted as saying that IQ tests are pointless and don't serve any purpose apart from baseless boasting, do you really think he's even had one done? But please, give me a source to that info, and please don't let it be a list that also has Einsteins IQ or some shit on it.
>>
>>28784538
>>28784875
She's smelly!! Why would you want such a smelly girl!!
>>
My IQ went from 121 to 131 when I started stuying maths seriously, so yes, I'd say it's possible.
>>
being average is fine
50% of people are under 100
funny how you never hear anyone say they are though. you really believe all these peeps that say they have 12004 iq and shit? nigger be happy your not a moron. 101 is above average plain and simple
>>
>>28785280
Had an official test, scored 114.
It's nothing to brag about indeed, especially because I haven't cashed in on my intelligence at all.
And when you are socially isolated no one really finds out either.

I guess it's fine, I'm still enjoying the internet and learning about all sorts of things in my own time.
>>
>>28788243
Please give source, I love smelly dirty girls.
>>
>>28788718
I dunno her name. Make a hiki thread on /d/ if you want more.
>>
I have an IQ at 99, and yet I have a good job, could do well in school, and I'm really good at doing things like connecting the dots and finding out patterns in things.

But on every iq test I take, I average about 99-100. And I'll say the average person is definitely less intelligent it seems.
>>
File: shadowedge.jpg (106 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
shadowedge.jpg
106 KB, 500x750
>>28782407
>Also is it possible to become more intelligent

Yeah, you simply take IQ tests and practice until you get better at said IQ tests.

After you get really good at IQ tests, you can be a part of Mensa and everyone will think you're a genius just like them.
>>
The point I'm making is that intelligence cannot be measured by anything. It can only be judged by what you have done and what you couldn't do.
>>
Also, IQ isn't correlated to whether you have a learning disability.
Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.