[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Friend Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 15
File: 1450325903015.jpg (92 KB, 790x960) Image search: [Google]
1450325903015.jpg
92 KB, 790x960
Why are robots lonely? There are so many of us why don't we make friends with each other? We'd all feel better if we did. Post some stuff about yourself in here and see if anyone matches up with you. Or, post what you want in a friend and see if anyone matches up. Let's make some friends r9k!
>>
>>28780944
Because online friend =/= real friends
When you remove real contact from human interaction you are left only being able to communicate through text and that's a big disadvantage
>>
>>28780944
Man, I've seen that picture a million times and it still freaks me out.
>>
>>28781019
I supposed we could have skype calls with each other and shit.
>>
>>28781019
Still better than not talking to anyone though
>>28781028
I love her and I wish she was my gf and I would kiss her teeth every day and tell her that she is beautiful
>>
>>28781088
Not really, social skills, as little of them as you may have, are what makes friendships. There are keys to language and human interaction, without knowing how a person looks like, sounds like, acts like is like talking to a wall that talks back
There is a reason why there are no more forums and there is Facebook and 4 Chan and its because in the semi anonymous environment chad has ten times the advantage and anyone else is left ignored
You describe yourself by the things you like and that's wrong because it's swallow so you only form a materialistic relationship with one another and materialistic relationship don't last
>>
>>28781507
You can send pictures to people, skype, etc. I have some very fulfilling internet friendships though. I plenty of social value from them. I have low social requirements. I don't need face-to-face really. I think a lot of robots are going to be the same way, introverted and with low social requirements. The key to relationships is things in common though? You don't need to talk to someone even desu as long as you have something you can do with them that you both enjoy.
>>
>>28780944
Social skills and looks aren't the biggest advantage to forming friendships the biggest advantage is being there constantly. If you see the same person every day and interact with the same person in short intervals several times a day chances are you are going to become friends
>>
>>28780944
Robots are unlikeable by definition. Why would you want an unlikeable person as a friend?
>>
>>28781562
But doing something with someone online like for example playing a game is almost the samd as doing it with a computer.
You can't talk with any of them one on one for two hours without boring the fuck out of each other.
Real friends can spend weekends together. I have done it in the past.
It's easy to misunderstand what you have for friendship when you never experienced the real thing.
>>
>>28780944
I have friends but not many and we don't have many common interests.

I like music like black metal, ambient, and folk/neofolk. I like history, religion (esp. pagan/animism), philosophy, psychology. I love nature and fitness as well. Also some video games like Dark Souls, Metal Gear Solid, TES, etc.

I think I don't have many friends because I'm not liberal, and I'm too intellectual and honest for most people.
>>
>>28781618
Very true. The main problem with internet friendships is that people disappear. I think that if both people ~want~ to be friends then maybe there won't be that issue?
>>28781676
People tell me I'm very likeable. All the friends I have are robots and I like them.
I want a mentally ill friend so we can talk about that and kind of just be comfortable around each other with saying things mental illness related. The only issues really is that I'm afraid of men (see: mentally ill). But, even the most unlikeable people have something of value to their personality. I don't mind talking to/befriending an unlikeable person as long as they want to be my friend and will at least attempt to put some effort into the friendship.
>>28781700
I have experienced the real thing. I was, at one point, a normie. Before the mental illness and reclusion hit. Again, I find internet friendships very fulfilling. Some people don't. You clearly don't and that's ok. They're not for everyone. I've experienced both forms of friendship and I prefer the internet. I am however willing to meet internet friends in real life. If I met someone who lived in my area I would be happy to meet up with them sometimes. Even someone further away if we were Very Good friends I would consider flying out to meet them. The internet is just safer than real life. I understand that's enabling my issues but, it's just easier for me. And it lets me work on my other issues. I imagine a lot of robots are like me in that way though.
tl;dr you aren't wrong but you aren't right either
>>
>why don't we make friends with each other?
Because most of you are inherently toxic creatures who will reach for each other's throat at the slightest disagreement.
>>
File: 1389067121698.jpg (35 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1389067121698.jpg
35 KB, 400x300
I can guarantee that I would make a shitty friend mostly because I'm a boring fuck that sits on the computer all day that has zero hobbies or interests.

I'm just an incompatible human being. I really don't know why I'm alive anymore to be honest.
>>
>>28781810
I. n prove my point with a challenge
Express yourself as much as you can with as little words as possible while keeping me interested and making me care
If you can so this and I'm fully aware some people can (if they have charm or with) then you are right
>>
>>28782017
I don't really understand what you're asking me to do. Even in real life I wouldn't know how to respond to that.
In real life though apparently I'm very good looking, if you're gay or a woman then I guess yes, it would be easier for me to keep your attention in real life
>>
>robots are anti social people
>lets just be friends guise XDD
maybe you didnt realize but this isnt tumblr where someone is "anti social" because they like video games
>>
>>28782125
>anti social
at least use the right word
Robots are NOT all schizoid. All humans have social requirements. Tbh even schizoids do. For the small percentage of schizoids that have no social requirement, ok. For all the other robots tho they need friends to feel less depressed.
The word is asocial btw. Anti-social is sociopathy
>>
>>28782083
In real life you can express yourself by your looms, your clothes, your voice, your manerisms, your body language and your thoughts, likes and opinions
Even then it's still hard to get a person to become interested in you, that's when permanence becomes a thing.
Online you are severely limited so when irl you get to communicate in so many different ways and also see the other person's fraction online you get a couple texts top to make anyone interested on you. How do you accomplish this? With charms, being funny and whitty none are traits a robot has.
Maybe your strength is your ideas but then again you won't get anyone interested enough with 5 minutes of interaction
>>
>>28782009
Hello brother

we don't get to bring friends
>>
>>28782292
But, if two people here decide they want to be friends then they're both going to try to be friends. They'll spend time, more than five minutes probably, and effort doing so. If neither robot has friends in real life or social ability then they're on even ground and will probably find one another funny or interesting. It's comparative. If you are -10 interesting and you meet someone who is -9 interesting then they seem interesting by comparison. People are also naturally curious about other people. Plenty of people make friends on this board, I figured that a thread dedicated to it might speed the process along. (perhaps not though, friendship is organic I guess).
though desu the point of this thread was for me to find someone to talk to. I'm ok with talking to someone who is boring and terrible and whatever as long as they want to talk to me and want to be friends. That's a "skill" I have I guess. If someone wants to be my friend I'll find the good things about them. I'm tenacious about holding onto people I guess, very clingy.
>>
>>28782190
>The word is asocial btw. Anti-social is sociopathy
actually both words are acceptable in this context. if he had said that all robots had antisocial personality disorders, then you might have a problem. also, pretty sure what he's saying is not that robots don't crave social interaction, but that they have trouble forming functional, long-lasting relationships because their reclusive nature/poor social skills make them unable to form connections with other people. don't be such a faggot
>>
File: big guy.jpg (76 KB, 862x627) Image search: [Google]
big guy.jpg
76 KB, 862x627
>>28782297
We really don't. It's a weird feel.
>>
>>28782411
desu only being a faggot because he was being dumb. Robots want friends, there are always robots complaining about it. Antisocial makes more sense the way I said it though regardless of the definition. And yes Autism Autism.
>>28782448
be friends you dumbs
>>
>>28782399
There js never an even ground on human interaction, the separate between the one with the power and the one who is pleasant the other becomes bigger with time and neither of you will be comfortable with the other jntil it becomes big enough to settle, and then it will keep quietly growing until years later it's too big and neither of you are co.fortable around the other one.
Two persons do not speak simultaneously, one person talks and the other person listens. The nature of communication is hierarchic
>>
>>28782521
I'm ok with power imbalance in either direction though. I think communication is more of a give and take though, equal in the long run. But, sure, if I'm the higher power or the lower power I'm fine with that. And I think other people would be fine with whatever role they end up in. I'm decent at holding onto people and making them feel valued and wanted. I think that helps a lot in making people like a friendship more. I'm a carer I guess.
>>
File: 1463220584827.gif (534 KB, 383x446) Image search: [Google]
1463220584827.gif
534 KB, 383x446
Anyone who lives in Auckland want to be friends?

I'm a university student who likes weeb shit and videogames and I may be looking for a gym buddy.
>>
File: 1463107209382.jpg (101 KB, 680x777) Image search: [Google]
1463107209382.jpg
101 KB, 680x777
Sure, why not

I'm pretty boring if you're looking for someone super interesting but I'm open minded, like hearing people talk about things they like and can hold a decent conversation
>>
>>28782590
but thats my point, those are longterm advantages. You dont get people interested in you by being nice, approach someone out of the blue and compliment him and he will not cae at all about you.
You actually have more chances of making people nottice you, remember you and approach you by being an asshole
>>
>>28780944

what the fuck is on her FACE?!?!?!
>>
>>28782753
I've gotten peoples attention by being nice. But, again, the immediate attention grabber here is that someone in this thread will (hypothetically) say that they want to be my friend or something. We start talking and share our hobbies or something, we say some things about ourselves, start a conversation. Conversation continues, time passes, we get more comfy with each other, we become friends, longterm advantages come into play.
You get more attention being an asshole but it's bad attention.
>>
>>28782488
>be friends you dumbs
That's a negative. Unless he like splaying pubs in dota all day I don't think we can be friends.
>>
if anyone has a Skype I'm a lonely piece of shit
>>
File: 1444289490260.jpg (84 KB, 904x748) Image search: [Google]
1444289490260.jpg
84 KB, 904x748
>>28782822
>dota

get the fuck outta my plane
>>
If anyone who fits this wants a Best Friend btw:
>mentally ill
>likes clingy people
>non-male
>non-sexual / non-aggressive (or at least doesn't sexualize friends)
>mentally ill!!!
>friendless maybe?
>Even if you think you're too shit for a friend try me~
>>
File: baneposting.jpg (36 KB, 477x460) Image search: [Google]
baneposting.jpg
36 KB, 477x460
>>28782862
I fucking knew it. I guess I tried.
>>
>being friends with you autizmos

Thanks, but no thanks. Only one autizmo spot is avaliable for my life and that is of course taken by me.
>>
File: 1419545728036.jpg (109 KB, 569x802) Image search: [Google]
1419545728036.jpg
109 KB, 569x802
>>28782895
sorry brother, they expect one of us in the wreckage

You can probably make friends in dota, I don't even play games anymore
>>
>>28782817
attention is attention, im not telling you to put a nazi tshirt and scream niggers are apes tho Point is to have someone remember you, look at tv, look at trump.
Hell as an experiment walk around with a make america great again hat and people will approach you.
I seriously dobut you made friends on a one on one skype or omegle chat, a group thing works better tho but its a double edge sword. Honestly there is something you are not telling me.
How long did the longest and shortest friendship last?
how often did you chat and for how long?
>>
>>28780944
Houston bots anywhere.
>>
File: 1363145180922.jpg (65 KB, 526x622) Image search: [Google]
1363145180922.jpg
65 KB, 526x622
>>28782945
>You can probably make friends in dota

Hah. Highly unlikely. Everyone that plays the game is toxic as fuck. Thanks for the false hope tough. (I guess?)
>>
>>28783014
I never use group chats. I make friends via giving my email out, chatting there for a few emails, then transitioning to skype. Shortest friendship, 2 weeks I guess? Hard to define a friendship so short. Longest...4 years? I have four friends right now that I talk to frequently, daily. The shortest friendship in that group is several months, the longest is the 4 year one. I'm not sure what else to tell you. I'm not hiding anything. Maybe I haven't mentioned the dozens of failed communications and the probably 10 or so people I'd call friends who disappeared?
>>
>>28783086
well that challenges everything i belive about humanity
you must be a very odd group of people, who speaks every day for hours with someone he never officially met?
>>
>>28783073
Original dota or dota 2?

If it's the latter, you're fucked. At least you have to force yourself to talk to other niggers in those kind of games
>>
>>28783182
People who are on their computers a lot. People without lots of irl friends. idk
We're all unique in our own ways. I'm not saying we're representative of humanity as a whole but people like us do exist
>>
>>28783257
you must be a pretty miserable bunch
>>
File: 1412154699366.png (867 KB, 1200x450) Image search: [Google]
1412154699366.png
867 KB, 1200x450
Anyone older bots ITT?
>>
>>28783286
We're all fairly happy actually. Aside from the inherent depression and anxiety and everything that seems to strike everyone on this website. But, I'm happy at least. Much better than I used to be.
>>
Because they are either normies or super autists, and either way want to end up talking about or playing video games, and I never played video games in my life and have no interest in them.
>>
>>28783334
im happy too, lonely happy but out of choice and bad luck. i actually made some friends last year but i had to let them go.
I actually dont really care about making friends at this point, if you are a man you are supposed to outgrow it anyways
I would rather focus on something better
>>
>>28783481
I eschew masculinity in favor of happiness then :^)
I like having friends. It's comfortable. It feels better than not having friends. I've done both so I know what they both feel like. To each their own though and good luck to you anon.
>>
File: 20160514_201230.jpg (700 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160514_201230.jpg
700 KB, 1920x1080
I am a nerd that watches anime and plays videogames. One day I ended up in a discussion about anime with this one japanese american girl who is a weab herself and has a whole room in her house dedicated to anime and manga.

Anyway she convinced me to watch Erased and we would text about it discussing that and other anime. We also turned to have a lot of other common interests like videogames and being kinda antisocial and nerdy. I asked her out one day and now we are bf gf.

Just find somebody with common interests as you and you will one day find the right person. In fact on Memorial Day I'm dressing up as a knight and her as my squire (she's super small, enough to pass off as a child if necessary) and go to the Renaissance Faire.

If it wasn't for anime, we wouldn't be together. So just keep doing what you guys are doing and you will find the right person one day.

Also, I am brown Indian Muslim and still managed to get a tiny japanese weab gf. If I can do it anybody can. Pic related, it'sm me right after today's workout.
>>
File: crazy nina.jpg (205 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
crazy nina.jpg
205 KB, 1920x1080
>>28783580
>Also, I am brown Indian Muslim and still managed to get a tiny japanese weab gf

DONT YOU DARE HARM THE PURE GENE POOL YOU SHITSKIN, STEALING AWAY THE GOOD GIRLS
>>
File: 1460937270767.jpg (57 KB, 654x585) Image search: [Google]
1460937270767.jpg
57 KB, 654x585
>>28780944
Honestly?

I'd date it
>>
Social anxiety, paranoia, self consciousness, feelings of inadequacy, poor body image, depression
>>
File: 1401850037970.jpg (276 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1401850037970.jpg
276 KB, 640x480
>>28783940
mah boi, Vyro
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.