[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: We post the jobs that robots have >Be Office Depot cashier
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 10
File: 1459982950905.png (129 KB, 224x338) Image search: [Google]
1459982950905.png
129 KB, 224x338
ITT: We post the jobs that robots have

>Be Office Depot cashier
>Recently got raise from 7.50 an hour to 8 dollars an hour
>currently have $1600 saved up in my bank account
>saving up for college starting next year
>feelsgoodman.jpg

What jobs do you guys have?
>>
I sell cars.
>>
>can i borrow some money
>ok
>thanks
>>
I make $17 an hour + bonuses as a banker. Not bad but I'm a frivolous spender.
>>
I teach calculus labs to first year Chads studying business
>>
>be digital map maker (mainly ArcMap at the moment)
>make $19.30/hr
>Literally a point and click adventure much
>Got 60k in bank from last shit job in oil and gas.
>Consistently in the green each month unless i drop money on one off purchases like a 1200 dollar gaming rig
>Come to r9k to giggle. Never been NEET nor robot. Just misanthrope ish.
Job is very low need to talk to folks.
>Like the work and can flex my hours around. Do four ten hr days. Some projects have some optional OT
>Feelsgreatmangs.jpg
>>
>engineering assistant
>$15/hr
>only complaint: busy season is the summer
>never feel like taking a vacation in winter when I sometimes have literally nothing to do
>so I get paid $15/hr to do essentially busywork

I want to go to grad school but while I don't love this job it's unlikely I'll ever find a cushier one.
>>
Forklift operator
$13/hour

I stack boxes, load and unload trailers, and a few other things.
>>
>>28779110
>be government paper pusher
>get paid 6 figures a year + benefits to do nothing
>have over 100k saved, own house and car outright
>job is soul sucking
>no friends and family, money will never buy love or happiness
>>
Heh.

Assayo!
>>
Cashier at Dollarama which is a shitty company to work for and they hardly give out any hours. I'm hoping to move up in the world as a cashier at a liquor store but who knowd if i would actually get it.
>>
>>28779946
Would having a better job give you more time or a better mood to make friends and start a family, or do you think you'd be lonely regardless?

If the former, is taking a more enjoyable job for less pay an option? If I were making 100K+ a year but hated my job I think I'd be willing to lose a few thousand a year for something better.
>>
Software engineer
82k/year

well having money is nice but it doesn't make you happy
>>
Unemployed and probably gonna be working at a call center for $8.15/hour. I'll be 25 soon and I'm thinking about killing myself.
>>
File: 1454214694198.png (216 KB, 506x538) Image search: [Google]
1454214694198.png
216 KB, 506x538
>>28780124
Problem is, you are in a male dominated field so finding a girlfriend from that field is difficult. That is one of the reasons I want to be in healthcare, there are more females than males (most nurses are female and half of doctors are female). In fact my current girlfriend (japanese american) also wants to be a doctor, we even met in an organization for students wanting to go into healthcare (we are both in leadership positions for it.) We are also both nerds and are going to a Renaissance faire on Memorial Day.
>>
>>28781402
This is my fear. It's an absolute requirement that anyone I date be a virgin and it's going to be so hard in a male dominated field.
>>
Cashier/general work at a fast food place.

I had a 10 hour shift... not looking to compete with anyone just want to say im tired and hate work

There was a fucking cute as hell girl applying to work there today though. I hope she gets hired

And as far as hating work, my job isnt so bad, nice coworkers and manager. Just hate work in general
>>
File: B00F3HJHEU.01.S003.LXXXXXXX.jpg (284 KB, 853x1280) Image search: [Google]
B00F3HJHEU.01.S003.LXXXXXXX.jpg
284 KB, 853x1280
>get paid a little over $10/hr
>shift supervisor at a pharmacy storefront
>also work as a cashier in the pharmacy part
>just had a job interview for an artisan food shop
>the pay would be minimum wage but the hours are better and I can live out my fantasy of working at a comfy convenience store/cafe

To be honest I'm going to be pretty devastated if I don't get this job.
>>
I'm a ramen chef.

It's the only thing that makes me remotely happy.
>>
Work in a warehouse for $14 an hour. I live in a little studio apartment 5 minutes away from where I work and am honestly pretty comfy. I don't really have ambitions beyond this so I guess I'm living the dream.
>>
>>28781626
well that sounds nice. where do you do your ramen cheffing?
>>
File: blake3.jpg (74 KB, 491x933) Image search: [Google]
blake3.jpg
74 KB, 491x933
>work seasonal position in a golf ball factory packing golf balls by hand, packing them by machine, working the dry room, or being the scale operator
>make either $19.57 or $21.13 an hour depending on what job I'm working, plus a 50 cent shift differential
>around $11,000 in savings
>about to be laid
>really need to start saving for a house, but I keep wasting my money on car parts
>going to be laid off within the next few months, so I think I'm going to start looking for a better job
>>
Security guard. 11/hr. Debt, 4 year dry spell, overweight.

Brain is functioning pretty normally though so I haven't seriously considered an hero even though my life is probably going absolutely nowhere.
>>
>>28781479
So in other words you are delusional.
>>
File: WP_20151213_16_35_32_Pro.jpg (396 KB, 1077x1918) Image search: [Google]
WP_20151213_16_35_32_Pro.jpg
396 KB, 1077x1918
>>28781729
Little family run place in Las Vegas. There are bigger, corporate run shops here too but this place has a special kind of soul to it.

Pic related. Muh noodles.
>>
>>28779110

>retail assistant manager
>$12
>$5000 in bank

I'm planning to move out with a friend soon, and then I'll get a gf. I know I can!
>>
Psychiatric nurse
28 an hour
Many fights
Many restraints
>>
>>28781840
looks tasty. do you do things like dumplings too?

there's only one place nearby I can think of that does ramen and its extremely expensive and mostly broth.
>>
>Bank Teller
>$12 an hour
>11-5PM Monday-Friday (No weekends and we get holidays)
>Personal indoor parking space
>Only deal with around 10 customers per day
>Sit in chair and read or browse stuff on phone all day
>If especially quiet sit on sofas and watch news
>Shirt and tie every day so I don't even have to think about what to wear

So far this is definitely the easiest job I've ever had
>>
>>28781905
Yup. We hand fold gyoza and sell some other typical ramen fare like Karaage.

Thats messed up and they're obviously ripping people off. Is it an actual ramen shop or an Izakaya/Sushi Bar?
>>
>>28781840
>>28781840
Holy shit las vegas how is it there? I went there for family vacation once and went out less than a mile of the strip. Most depressing shit ive seen im my life
>>
File: 1437980574221.jpg (25 KB, 397x405) Image search: [Google]
1437980574221.jpg
25 KB, 397x405
>>28779110
No wonder /r9k/ is "full of normies"
all of the >tfw no gf guys from 2012-2015 grew up and got jobs.
Or killed themselves. either way.

>Barista
>make $7.50
>job pays for house, Uni is my main pursuit.
>managed my mental and physical issues badly during last semester, getting kicked out of this school
>moving back in with mommy and daddy
>transferring to different school
>all I am at the moment is a wageslave addicted to weed and alcohol

I want fall asleep and never wake up.
>>
>>28779658
An actual banker or a teller?
>>
Have an interview tomorrow. Not gonna go
>>
>>28779110
I only work for about half of the year, mostly in the summers doing seasonal landscaping. I got a city gig last year which was excellent, got paid $12.50/hr to drive around town in a pickup and weedwhack detention ponds. I love weedwhacking, it's like my zen activity. I can just sit there and space out while annihilating nature as God intended man to do.
>>
File: Avatar SD.png (410 KB, 452x598) Image search: [Google]
410 KB, 452x598
>>28781479
>It's an absolute requirement that anyone I date be a virgin

How old are you? Because the older you get, the harder this requirement will be to fulfill unless you are part of a conservative religious community. I'm 18 and I'm the first guy my girlfriend has ever dated, so she is very inexperienced and submissive and definitely a virgin.

During college is when people start losing their virginities and the difficulty gets ramped up as the years go by

After college it's next to impossible to get a gf who is entirely a virgin and not a religious nutjob, and being in engineering puts that into hard mode. So I highly recommend dropping that requirement because it is hindering you WAY too much.
>>
>>28782020
sushi bar.

I had some nice ramen at a japanese airport once. but yours looks even tastier
>>
>>28782094
It's a city like any other. If you're a waiter/waitress/bartender you can make crazy good money at the right place here. Buy a house, nice car, all that good shit. Everything is cheap.

The people here are very distant and transient though. If you're looking to get a GF that isn't worthless or start a family I wouldn't come settling here.
>>
>work at a desk selling memberships at my school's gym
>only $9 an hour
>get to study over the school year but now mostly play dwarf fortress on the work PC
>>
General labor. $15/h.

It's not a bad job. I managed to make my boss and my one co-worker think I'm invaluable just by showing up on time, doing what I'm told and not fucking up. So much so that they've laid off actual apprentices before me. Only reason I'm general labor and not an apprentice is because shit is fucking slow as molasses here
>>
File: 1447099962657.gif (988 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1447099962657.gif
988 KB, 500x281
>>28779110

>work on parents farm
>550 a month + free food and lodging
>>
>>28781903

Tell some stories pls
>>
File: 1419233418796.png (244 KB, 480x368) Image search: [Google]
1419233418796.png
244 KB, 480x368
I work in a rubber factory. Shit fucking sucks man, don't ever go into any unskilled labour job. Wish I could quit this shit and neet it up again.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.