[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
STEMKEKS BFTO LOLOLL >just got accepted to a top 6 law school
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 10
File: tyson-laugh.gif (2 MB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
tyson-laugh.gif
2 MB, 300x168
STEMKEKS BFTO LOLOLL

>just got accepted to a top 6 law school

I was a philosophy major at an average state school. Got made fun of by so many stemcucks with no verbal intelligence. But I got a high gpa and killed the LSATs while putting in little effort. 3.7 gpa 174 LSAT. Applied to the top 14 and just got accepted to the tippity top law schools.

You know what this means? Assuming I finish at or above the median, I am going to enjoy making 160k a year STARTING, at 25 no less. This increases 20k a year until I either become a law partner or go to a comfy 9-5 300k in-house legal counsel gig.

STEMcucks think they're rich... just loling man. I will be making a top 1% salary at the age of 25.

let's have a laff:

>stemcucx
>>
>>28776930
Any tips/recommendations for a sperg with a slow processing speed?
>>
Mein neger. English major here, perfect segue to Law school. Meanwhile Physics majors can't find work and are killing themselves over their debt.
>>
>>28776965
This, I would also enjoy some tips, I'm pretty average
>>
https://www.law.yale.edu/student-life/career-development/employment-data/class-2014-employment

At or above the median is 70k... you should have done a basic math unit during your philosophy major, wagecuck.
>>
>>28776930
>Making $150k as a starting lawyer

I also just built a hyperloop and sold it to Elon Musk for $10 billion
>Artsfags btfo
>>
>>28776965
>>28777014
idk, adderall?

>>28777033
Hey, NEETcuck. That is because yale is the top law school in the world. That means that most of the class do prestigious judicial clerkships immediately after law school. Once they get done with those they make 250k+ in big law firms.

>>28776997
my nigga, will see you on wallstreet in a couple years lil G
>>
>lawcucks thinking they're better than anyone

lol I got my BBA with a 4.0 avg at university of phoenix i'll be making $1 billion usd/yr MINIMUM as a hedge fund manager

>lawkeks btfo
>stemcecks btfo
>>
>>28777033
>Going to university for 8 years to make 70k salary
>Not getting a bachelor's in 4 and making 70k
>Not majoring in industrial supply chain management
>Not starting a distributorship and making mad bucks buying and re-selling to others

Lawfags will defend this
>>
>>28777131
I think the university of chicago law school is a couple tiers above that :)
>>
>>28777140
I already explained this. Most people out of yale go to work for the government or for clerkships immediately after law school. Had they gone into a large law firm they would make 160k starting.

They do this because the clerkships basically turbocharge your career as a lawyer when you are done with them.
>>
>>28776930
I prefer a job where I can help the world
>>
>>28777094

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kurtbadenhausen/2011/03/23/law-school-graduates-do-not-make-160000/#701f5bab292c
>>
>law school

KeK
>>
File: 1345261502057.jpg (72 KB, 259x567) Image search: [Google]
1345261502057.jpg
72 KB, 259x567
>he didn't learn a trade
Oh, you're still studying? I've literally been earning THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS since I was 16.
Hows your back doing? Your wrist pretty sore? Sitting at a desk poring over notes all day really isn't good for you, you know. You should be outdoors exerting yourself like a healthy young man, not filling your mind with MADE UP BULLSHIT
And when you finally enter the workforce in your mid-twenties, I'll have my own business, my own employees, and I'll even be FUCKING YOUR GIRLFRIEND while I work on your house. Well, back to studying eh? You do want to be top of the class, don't you?
>>
>>28776930
>law school
I have a master's degree in law and I can safely say that you are never ever going to make 160k per year, friend.

Unless you really want to get into a top firm. In that case I'd advice you to start sucking dick as soon as possible, because that's the only way to get in there.
>>
>>28777341
enjoy fixing my sink for a pittance cUck

>>28777351
>I have a master's degree in law
this depends on whether you are american or not, since in america you can only get an LLM after the JD
>>
>>28776930
>160k starting
>law
>in an ivy
Lmfao

Almost as delusional as engineers saying they'll make 90-100k starting
>>
Can confirm, uncle is a lawyer who went to a Ivy League school, makes like 500k
>>
the only people i envy are the ones who have successfully killed themselves
>>
>implying you're not smallaw
>implying you'll make partner
>>
ITT: we post forbes articles that BTFO OP
http://www.forbes.com/sites/jmaureenhenderson/2012/06/26/why-attending-law-school-is-the-worst-career-decision-youll-ever-make/#6b6b9e0f1f1e
>>
>>28777772
>2012

nigga is u srs
>>
>>28777700
>implying you're not TTT

>>28777772
>2012

yeah the market is changed, also,

>The WSJ also reports that Big Law jobs - the most lucrative and highly sought-after - might be all but out of reach for the average grad of a school outside the top tier

I was accepted to the highest tier dipshit.
>>
who the fuck gives a shit about some chad and his bullshit privileges

>look at me I got a job jewing around with other jews
fuck off
>>
The number of big city lawyers I know can fill a small school bus.

The number of genuinely happy big city lawyers I know can fill a minivan.

Best of luck, OP.
>>
>>28778113

>Planning on going into Law School
>Anon thinks that poor odds for genuine happiness will stop me

Why do you think we're here?
>>
>>28778113
MUH HAPPINESS

most jobs suck retard, I'd rather be a BIGLAWYER than a plumber or something
>>
>>28779080
Look at levels of stress, depression and anxiety among lawyers. Especially biglaw. All jobs suck, but some of them let you go home and enjoy your wages.
>>
>>28779186
tell me how someone 25 can make 160k a year that doesn't require great luck or daddy's connections

I just want to go on, work at a v20 for a couple years, then go to a comfy inhouse 9-5 250k+

striving for partnership is silly to me
>>
>>28776930
I fell for the STEM meme. I could have majored in philosophy with a near 4.0, worked my ass off on the LSATs and gotten into a top law school but I chickened out because of the debt and reported quality of life among lawyers. I easily could have been making bank but instead I'm three years into a computer science degree without great career prospects. I hate technology, and I'm mediocre at math. Feels bad.
>>
I have bad social skills. I can't be a lawyer
>>
>>28776930
t3 or bust tbqh
>>
>>28776930
Enjoy paying 50k/year for 4 years, to make 40k per year when you're done
>>
>>28779375
Become a corporate lawyer. They're generally known for being stoic autists
>>
>>28779401
It's too late now, I'm already working in the tech field. The pay is mediocre but at least I'm stress free
>>
>>28777033
you clearly don't know shit, 160k is the base salary for any t14 grad
yalies tend to clerk for a year then they make the money back off of class bonus either way
>>
File: laugh.jpg (52 KB, 848x565) Image search: [Google]
laugh.jpg
52 KB, 848x565
>>28779390
>top 6
>40k per year

try 4 times that
>>
>>28777140
you also don't know shit, you can take 160k first year or clerk for a year + make less but get the money back once you join a firm. clerkships are prestigious as hell and open more opportunities for biglaw + academia + late career stuff
hf being broke
>>
>>28777556
are you autistic, 160k is literally the base rate for biglaw
you can't make less
>>
I think it's too early to tell if you will enjoy your work or hate it. Come back after you make all that money without being miserable, and then you may brag.
>>
yo but as for op, nice job with the lsat hustle + try not to die in 1L
majored in history, 3.9'd it but went with phd route instead since i probably would've an hero'd if i went to law school
>>
>>28776930
literally every lawyer i ever spoke to about the profession has said this:

>the money is good for some but not worth it. do not enter this field just to be a professional or to earn a lot of money. it isn't anywhere near worthwhile unless you actually love law
>>
>>28779539
Are you a professor now?
>>
>>28779585
lol he said history phd
>>
File: 1444719320789.jpg (652 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
1444719320789.jpg
652 KB, 1280x800
Don't count your chickens before they hatch
>>
>>28779585
nah, only in my 2nd year. that's the end goal though
decided that studying 17th c. nonsense > law in my case. parents were pissed but hey, fully funded
>>
>>28779298
That's cuz you fucking suck you worthless cuck.
I majored in computer science and mechanical engineering and I'm currently making a sweet 90k/year, get BTFO! Also there are literally twice as much lawyers in supply than is needed so they're no way in hell you can get a nice lawyer job unless you got daddy's connections.
>>
>>28779809
>"daddy's connections" meme
or just be intelligent, do well in undergrad, study for LSATs (t14 or bust for employability), land decent 1L internship, biglaw 2L internship, clerkship (optional), biglaw -> money
if you stay hungry the opportunities are there
>>
>TFW will only reach $200k/year by my early thirties
I thought I was on my way to the chadbux and now some other major beats me REEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>28779861
Eh, I'll admit that if you get through biglaw in top 6 your chances are higher but seriously, the supply of lawyers greatly outweighs the demand for them because of people who thought the same as you. But yea biglaw doesn't seem that bad.
>>
Good for you. I'm hoping to go back to school in a few years to study a non-stem subject, but I have to admit that law doesn't interest me in the slightest.

I was bored out of my mind trying to become an engineer.
>>
>>28779935
>higher

literally 160k a year after law school if you are above the 50th percentile

'higher'
>>
File: Feels-Good-Man-Frog-02.png (133 KB, 354x363) Image search: [Google]
Feels-Good-Man-Frog-02.png
133 KB, 354x363
>>28780215
As long as you can get abovet he 50th percentile fine, it's just that the vast majority don't. Plus I'm making extra money off of importing gold from thailand. (seriously you should try the latter, gold in thailand is $589 while it's fucking $1477 in the states! I got a contact there whom I share profits with and holy shit I made so much money through that!

>mfw I made money without all the stress of lawkeks

>mfw I barely even care about my day job anymore
>>
File: smug-feel.png (129 KB, 724x611) Image search: [Google]
smug-feel.png
129 KB, 724x611
>>28780437
>As long as you can get abovet he 50th percentile fine, it's just that the vast majority don't.

...what?
>>
>>28780476
Shit I'm being autistic.
>>
>>28779473
Sure you can

Try building a company instead of chasing ambulances

>Income distribution for all lawyers
>Have fun with your mediocrity / cocksucking for 20 years. Maybe Mr.shekelstein will let you become a "partner". Gotta work 100 hours a week though, goy!
>>
>was STEMfag
>finishing my masters in Business
>75k starting
>no student loans
wew lad. desu, I'm pretty happy with where I'm ending up. going to be working with a small company making a difference. Close to a major city, and once it hits 4PM, I am out of the office and can enjoy my money. I'm looking forward to a nice 15 day international vacation.
I'll take a lower salary and the free time to enjoy my hobbies and life rather than being a wagecuck in a lawfirm. Don't delude yourself that you won't be stuck in a basement looking up case files for your first few years making peanuts.
>pic related is my offer
>>
File: salary.png (35 KB, 941x187) Image search: [Google]
salary.png
35 KB, 941x187
>>28780920
welp, I dun fugged up
>>
>>28776930
Have fun being a corporate drone at some huge law firm where no one gives a shit and you get overworked

Should seriously just use it for experience then start your own firm, fuck partnerships
>>
File: BQC1m.png (495 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
BQC1m.png
495 KB, 1366x768
>>28776930
Medfag here. Ex-STEM.

Enjoy not being able to find a job, and then peaking at 200k before tax at best, or under 100k take-home on average. I'll take my mean 300k starting salary and a wide-open, comfy job market.

However, continue your smug if it makes you feel better, friend.
>>
>>28781067
enjoy going to school for 12 years and being an overworked cuckold

I just have to stomach BIGLAW for a couple years then I can get a comfy in-house position that pays as much as a doctor without the stress
>>
>>28781302
Oh boy, meme arrow time

>enjoy going to school for 12 years
Oh, OK, we're talking surgical subspecialty timeline. In that case, I'll enjoy my 500k income, and literally getting to cut into people for a living.

Otherwise, I'll take my 8 year schooling (only 2 of those in an actual classroom like a pleb), followed by a comfy 40 hour workweek.

>overworked cuckold
If I must work 80 hour weeks one year as a 3rd year med student, and then one more year as an intern so I can actually do a cool job, be well-liked, and not be a bane to society, I'll take it :D

>I just have to stomach BIGLAW for a couple years
Couple of years, huh. I wonder how successful you'll be at starting your own business. Also, at the end of the day, you're still a lawyer :3

>pays as much as a doctor
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
AAAAAHAHAHAHAHAA
AHAAHHAHAHAHAHA
wow

>without the stress
But you see, I like the stress of holding lives in my own hands. I want to be able to sit in front of families during their most intimate moments, to let them cry on my shoulder; to change the world with my work; to actually advance humanity every day I come into work either training future physicians or contributing to world-class medical research.

Do you know what the highest impact-factor journal is, anon? It's not a law publication, no. It's the NEJM. It's not even close.
>>
>>28781532
Muh helping humanity

Lol doctors are the biggest narcissistic pieces of shit ever. Double billing to make more $$$. Don't pretend like you're helping MUH HUMANITY cUck.

Lawyers are hated because people blame them for everything.
>>
Top ten b school robot reporting in. I'll make the same as you but I get to drink and fuck college chicks while you slave away worrying about your GPA. B school grades don't matter and you can't even disclose them on your resume. GG
>>
>>28782861
Hey MBA cuck

Implying I didn't constantly score throughout undergrad
Implying banking isn't worse that biglaw
Implying your superiority complex is warranted
Implying grades are that big of a deal after you land a sick internship during 1L

How was that work exporience bro? How old are you now? I'll be making 160k at 25 you cuckold.
>>
>>28781532
If you're a doctor in the US you can't say you are helping people only. you're jewing them. hard
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.