[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is drinking a good way to drown out depression?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: 1464029923046.png (181 KB, 265x259) Image search: [Google]
1464029923046.png
181 KB, 265x259
Is drinking a good way to drown out depression?
>>
Makes all the uncomfortable thoughts go away for a bit, then you feel even shittier the next day, so you drink more the next evening, and the slow and insidious descent into failure continues
>>
Not really. It won't cure your depression or push you in the right direction, but it will let you ignore your problems until tomorrow. Sometimes that's all you need but if you do it too frequently you wind up even worse off.

The dose makes the poison and all that.
>>
>>28776122
drinking and driving helped me feel alive for the first time in years. I defiantly recommend it to cure the depression at lest for a night
>>
>>28776122
is a pigs pussy pork?
>>
yes, especially if combined with cannabis
>>
>>28776122
sure it is,until you start to have trembles,paranoia and see imaginary bugs crawling on the walls.
>>
No, the depression only comes back harder and stronger because you're giving yourself more things to be depressed about. Such as money problems, health problems, weight gain, hangovers etc.
>>
File: image.png (59 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
image.png
59 KB, 625x626
>>28776750
Please be b8 because that's a shitty way to cripple yourself or others for life
>>28776122
No because your depression comes back when you get sober. Now you're even more depressed for having an alcohol addiction on top of everything else.
>>
>>28776907
go home Nolen
>>
>tfw drinking makes me even more depressed
>It feels good though

???
>>
>>28776122

no. smoking weed is wonderful though. not that you'll believe me.
>>
>>28776122
Hi Ahhbisto
>>
Don't listen to the degenerate stoners itt, drinking is a great means of dealing with depression
>>
>>28776803

What up master chief
>>
>>28776122
No.
Why do people say?
>t.
>>
>>28776122
I've done both. Weed definitely feels better, but when you run out or have to quit, you rage like hell and get insomnia. You also get manic. Or at least I did. I had to quit because I couldn't do any work on it.

Alcohol feels great while drunk, but less healthy, and hangovers can suck. I recommend drinking only vodka and water. You won't get a hangover at all almost.
>>
>>28776122
>Is drinking a good way to drown out depression?

Is taking a depressant a good way to deal with depression?

Alcohol may make you feel better for a night but in the long run it will make things worse (if you're really depressed).
>>
Watch Louis Theroux Drinking To Oblivion. Short answer, no.
>>
>>28777323
A depressant has no relation to depression whatsoever.
Depressants simply slow body functions.
>>
It works ok if you have enough self control to take breaks from drinking. You will want to drink every night. But if you can take a couple days off out of every 5 days it's not all that bad really.
That being said, those two nights tend to be terrible, and you may end up curled up in a ball as depressed as ever with cold sweats.
>>
Can you drink to make work easier? Like i have to do 2 papers for tomorrow and if i drank would it be easier to just do them?
>>
>>28778764
No you would most likely end up getting buzzed and convince yourself that not doing them is fine and kick yourself in the morning.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.