[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
i'm so fucking bored guys. there's nothing happening
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: bored k.gif (351 KB, 263x239) Image search: [Google]
bored k.gif
351 KB, 263x239
i'm so fucking bored guys. there's nothing happening and i got myself banned in my mmo but i hardly play it anyways lately. i'm making music on guitar and i'm so bored i can't bring myself to play it, and i'm reading Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs but i can't bring myself to keep reading anymore for some reason. I'm just sitting around. give me something to do
>>
Nothing in life seems appealing? Sounds like depression, welcome to the club
>>
>>28776437
i don't feel sad at all but i'm thinking that's probably it
>>
>>28776437
This mentality is literally the reason why there's dumb shit tumblrites running around. "Oh gee my life sure is boring and uneventful and I'm not happy 100% of the time, surely I'm depressed!"
That's definitely not how it fucking works at all

>>28776100
Listen to music, play vidyas, watch a movie. I'm sure there's plenty of things to do rn
>>
>>28776560
Depression doesn't necessarily involve sadness.
>>
File: i am the pepe master (332).png (78 KB, 412x351) Image search: [Google]
i am the pepe master (332).png
78 KB, 412x351
>>28776100
op you should shitpost, this pepe should help you start
>>
Go to sleep honestly
Or just eat
>>
>>28776884

I'm personally empty in a state of apathy not knowing what I enjoy or having the energy to try and enjoy. Not sure what op has buy I think mine is depression
>>
>>28776100

> i'm reading Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs

fuck that

just start programming

why don't you into OpenGL, or make a web scraper, or hack a PCB with some custom firmware, or write a library to drive a sensor or something
>>
>>28776585
You know that there are other diagnostic criteria other than >muh sadness
>>
>>28776560
Sadness is one of the criteria for depression but does not have to be involved in depression. Losing interest in hobbies or things you've enjoyed in the past might be a sign for depression. Maybe try and look it up and see if you have a lot of the symptoms.
>>
>>28777056
i don't feel like any of that. i'm sitting on the couch back reading sicp right now, gonna look up the answers to the problem i got stuck on and made me quit and just keep reading. it's a comfy book honestly
>>
>>28777144

My life is slowly melting as I have all symptoms. Do meds really work wonders?
>>
http://www.bitstorm.org/gameoflife/
i play this when i feel like dying of boredom
>>
File: 1463730069463.jpg (235 KB, 1280x1013) Image search: [Google]
1463730069463.jpg
235 KB, 1280x1013
>>28776100
Join the military, at least you will get to travel
>>
>>28776100
Maybe you're a sociopath. They always tend to be bored and devote a huge amount of time trying to think of something to do. And before you know it, they're the next school shooter
>>
>>28777198
Yes and no. For some people a medication is found extremely quick and works extremely well, for others it can take years to find something that properly works for them and for some no meds seem to do the trick. So it really depends on if you are willing to test out a few meds to find something that works. But if you are interested in treating your depression with meds talk to a psychologist or your GP he will be able to help you better than I could.
>>
>>28777240
i doubt it. i almost drove into a ditch trying not to kill a bird on my way to work
>>
>>28777313

Thanks for the information, anon
>>
>>28777359
No problem, I hope it will help you and if you decide to try meds I hope you will find something that will help you very fast
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.