[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /r9k/, any of you guys know how I could go about getting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: Saoirse-Ronan.jpg (220 KB, 1280x1777) Image search: [Google]
Saoirse-Ronan.jpg
220 KB, 1280x1777
Hey /r9k/, any of you guys know how I could go about getting a note from a psychiatrist to get a guaranteed single room at university?

Do I just go in and talk about how I'm constantly uncomfortable around other people? Say that social interaction exhausts me? Put an emphasis on how I can't study or focus on work unless I'm alone?

Have any of you guys done this sort of thing? How did you do it?
>>
my mommy did it for me
>>
>>28775371
Richard Stallman managed to get a single room. You can look up what he said, though I doubt you're either as autistic or as genius as him.
>>
>>28775371
Usually after the first semester you are allowed to switch rooms with someone so that you are with a friend in the dorms. Yea it will be awkward until then but for the most part if you keep your head down and not engage in much you will be fine unless of course your room mate is a swell guy.

You will have to grow a bit more out of your anxiety eventually even though you will always be an introvert. A bit of social interaction won't kill you m8.
>>
Most universities offer more expensive dorms that feature individual rooms with a shared living space, you could always get one of those. If you're adamant on living alone, then either try to appeal their bullshit "you must live on campus the first year" policy, try to contact housing to get a single room flat (highly unlikely but you might get lucky), or simply go to a community college and transfer over to a university after two years.
>>
Try telling the residence office that you'll only accept a single room, or else you'll commute or live off campus

Also be an upperclassman
>>
>>28775371
I've sat here for like 30 minutes trying to pronounce her name...

And I still can't do it.... FUCK OFF SHIA, YOUR SHOUTING ISN'T HELPING
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.