[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Depression
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: 1453149982006.jpg (297 KB, 1000x1287) Image search: [Google]
1453149982006.jpg
297 KB, 1000x1287
Hello anons, I am here to make you ponder about "depression".

Lets put all these classifications that society has normalized aside and look at it from a neutral, psychological point of view.
A depressed person is very often so wrapped and twisted in their own head that they can't look at things from a neutral point of view, which is the main problem of basically every modern thing associated with "depression".
A depressed person, since they cannot properly self-analyze themselves and understand their own mentality, will look for assurance and acceptance to their 'condition' from other people, in most cases through emotions. For example:

"Man I would be so happy right now if I just had a qt gf, I swear. I don't care about anything else except a qt understanding, caring and clingy gf, I know that this is all I want from life."

The reason why I bought up a romantic social association is because sexuality itself is a desire that doesn't necessarily have anything to do with "negative mentality" but it is such a strong feeling that it can remove the it temporarily. But even the dumbest of you know that nothing is achieved through physical desires.

Now from a psychological point of view, you want acceptance from that "qt girl", yes? You want her to caress you and tell you how important you are, that your mentality is normal and you have no reason to be self deprecating. You are trying to form an external understanding to an internal problem, which is practically impossible. You are not ready for 'love' and 'understanding' unless you have it in yourself.
So what happens when the girl disappears after a break up or a fight, destroying your bubble? Who will build up your defensive walls from the inside, who will guide you through compassion and understanding?

In order to really improve yourself, first you have to understand it from a neutral point of view IN YOURSELF and then understand how it is possible to cure it.
>>
It does not require anything external such as love (relationship parter), compassion (someone telling you it will be okay), desires (having sex with someone) all it does require is internal, an understanding of things, a neutral point of view.
>>
I have a pretty alright life by most standards, I'm going pretty well at university, have a qtgf, have a small group of friends, there's not really anything I want for, but I still can't get up most mornings and constantly try to kill myself with drugs and alcohol.

It's my understanding that people who are depressed "because" of something are mot just sad/melancholic, I've always thought depression was typified by having no clear reasoning behind the emotions.
>>
>>28773712
so, to sumarize your blog post, we need to learn how to love ourselves and understand ourselves and be neutral. wow, thats revolutionary man.
>>
>>28773806
Yes, that is what half the 4chan population seems to lack.

I WANT A QT GF DESU
i am so alone!!!!! i am so alone i dont wanna be alone!!!!!
reeee reeeeee
>>
So how do you love yourself
>>
>>28773898
Again, asking for external help/guidance/motivation.
Do it yourself man.
>>
>>28773898
Every CBT practitioner I've ever seen has been shit, but honestly most of the journey from 'I hate myself and want to die' to 'I'm pretty great and life is pretty sweet' was me just coming up with all the basic princples of CBT for myself.

Like honestly, when you catch yourself thinking 'I'm fucking shit' just stop yourself and literally force yourself to think the words 'I'm not shit, I'm just being uneccessarily cruel to myself'. Do this every time you think unpleasant things about yourself and after a few months/years it makes a big difference.

Generally, just treat yourself decently and eventually you'll start to realise you deserve it.
>>
>>28773806
just bee urrself amirite? :^)
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.