[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jobs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: x240-KnW.jpg (17 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
x240-KnW.jpg
17 KB, 320x240
>got job the other week
>inna warehouse
>I suck at warehouse jobs, but it's my main experience, and pretty much the only field of work I can get in
>usually only work 1-4 months before being fired due to incompetence
>realize today I suck ass at this job too

I'm thinking about giving up and just working at Quick Trip, but I need the money. Fuck me for not going to college right out of highschool like all the normies did.
>>
>>28772257
What do you guys think?

[Not original]
>>
>>28772351
Nah? Nobody /crappy job/ here?
>>
>>28772257
What do you do at a warehouse-job? Im 18 and I've been thinking of getting a job where I don't have to be social and working in a warehouse seems pretty nice.
>>
How exactly can you suck at a warehouse job? Isn't it just basic menial labor?
>>
>>28773111
I suck at really brutish basic shit, but I'm really good at mental tasks. Being good at mental tasks means nothing without a college degree now.

>>28773082
I pick orders in a furniture warehouse: lifting and moving up to 300lb pieces of furniture while I get yelled at to do it faster than I can actually manage to do.
>>
>>28773549
So youre a weak body? Lift weights or something.
>>
>>28773607
Tell me more about your labor experience. I bet you haven't gotten out of your computer chair in years.
>>
>get out of uni for STEM
>realize that most schools and programs rarely prepare you to just get in there and work
>spend the last 3 weeks hearing "no" again and again
hell, Idk if I'm ever going to get something
I even dropped what kind of pay I was looking for and even with minimal pay to scrape by I'm barely getting any bites
>>
>>28773661
That sucks dude
>>
>>28773721
yeah, you don't have to fall for college or feel bad about it
unless you go to an amazing school or devote your entire time to getting a job and connections you will not be suited most of the time for anything well-paying for the next 5 years

it's a sad fact and a scam from the education industry that people think you need a degree to do shit when it's just an expensive piece of paper and some "experiences"
>>
>>28773950
>expensive piece of paper and some "experiences"

At least you can get a white collar job with it. I've worked as a laborer for over five years, and I can confirm that office people of all ranks are treated more humaely than any laborer.
>>
>extenuating circumstances demand I finally get a job like a real adult
>one in particular I put a resume in for seems like it would be a terrible job
>dish washing at night
>get called for an interview
>shit, I don't want this job
>I'm awkward as shit in the interview, partly on purpose, mostly just because I'm awkward
>they ask me to describe myself in one sentence
>"A true motherfucker going out for the loot."
>they chuckle and conclude the interview
>they call me a couple hours later and tell me I got the job
Turns out they listen exclusively to gangster rap in the kitchen. Job's alright, after all.
>>
>>28773661

Were you also told that it didn't matter that you couldn't make friends because your Aspergers made you a genius and you would become a millionaire because you get good grades in school?
>>
>>28774404
>true motherfucker going out for the loot."

I kek'd
>>
>>28774003
uh
define white collar job
I am currently struggling to get my resume in to places offering $15 an hour or $30k a year
that is pretty much the bare minimum you can possibly live on and people who didn't' go to college are making $10-20 and hour more than that

>>28774450
no, I didn't make friends at uni because I was one of the few poor kids there not from a rich chicago suburb
and everyone else who wasn't rich was 10x more autistic than me and never wanted to hang out or even talk outside of classes
>>
File: wull smir.jpg (36 KB, 520x416) Image search: [Google]
wull smir.jpg
36 KB, 520x416
>have to work as a cashier this summer at a supermarket

I really don't want to chat with people
>>
>>28774856
>people who didn't' go to college are making $10-20 and hour more than that
Are you talking about welders? HVAC techs? Guys that have worked at the same warehouse for 15 years? Union carpenters maybe?

Those jobs are the exception, and they're incredibly insecure jobs: you can get fired and replaced any day.
>>
>>28774926
when I worked as a cook and busboy in highschool I made $11 an hour and the waiters would bring home $20-30 an hour
I literally paid 20k a year to go to school and make less than a waiter as a web dev/IT guy because comp sci is literally an unregulated joke at the university level
>>
>>28775004
>waiters would bring home $20-30 an hour

What kind of richfag steakhouse did you work at? Waiters make jackshit if they don't have amazing tits, or work at a fancy joint.
>>
>tfw been trying to get a warehouse job for months now
>tfw they've denied me every time after the interview
>tfw might have to go work at a shitty call center for $8/hour or be homeless
Any tips on impressing the guy interviewing you for a warehouse kinda job? I'm a skinnyfat manlet so I figured that's why they denied me.
>>
>>28775335
It is. Become an electrician. It's physical, but there's a pretty limited amount of heavy lifting. About the hardest thing you have to do is pull wire through conduit, which is a pain but not too bad. It's also good for bookish types, because there's a decent amount of math involved. Most of the other trades require body intelligence that robots don't have naturally.

Also warehouse work is horseshit.
>>
>>28775335
I worked in a warehouse as a chubby manlet 17 year old. If they need help, and they're not just hiring the first young person who comes in, it's probably because you're weird or something. Are you outwardly weird?
>>
>>28775454
Electrician sounds good but I'd need to go to a trade school and I'm broke right now, need a job now and figured warehouses at least pay decent.
>>28775461
I don't think I come off as weird, I can fake being normal for interviews but I do have a 7 months unemployment gap so maybe that's also an issue.
>>
>>28775553
I had an 8 year gap and I got a job. What kind of pompous fucking warehouses are you going to?
>>
>>28775583
I applied at a dollar general warehouse and wal mart warehouse and the guys interviewing me always gave me an odd look when I tried to explain my unemployment gap. I told them I was traveling but I guess they don't buy it.
>>
>>28775454
>Most of the other trades require body intelligence

Fucking this. This is pretty much why I'm garbage at those kind of jobs. To some, doing menial labor just comes naturally and they're also somehow interested in it enough to do the work in ways that's faster than someone thats bored and demoralized can pull off.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.