[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Start being active
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: succes.jpg (360 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
succes.jpg
360 KB, 2000x1000
Hey anons, I just need some advice. Two months ago I spent 300 bucks on gym membership and personal trainer. But now am still sitting at home doing some random shit and being lazy to go to the gym and stick to my diet. Any advice how to actually start being active?
>>
File: image.png (501 KB, 647x633) Image search: [Google]
image.png
501 KB, 647x633
>>28771181
I am also in the same situation OP. I've always been lazy but I want to get fit. I just need motivation or a reminder to work out.
>>
>>28771181
>personal trainer
lol dumb motherfucker
>>
>>28771181
You just have to stop being a lazy faggot thats all there is to it. The first few times youll be like UGHHHH but keep at it and it becomes a positive feedback loop
>>
This is a JUST DO IT kind of thing.
Yeah you can cut the internet off and also tie your dick with a string so you can't masturbate. But the trick is to forcing yourself to do it. Slowly, progressively, start going twice a week, then three times, I dunno. Just go.
>>
Start mountain biking anon. You can get a decent starter bike about $400. I am way spergy but i love it. You dont have time to worry and fret when you are bombing down a trail with birds singing and wind in your face
>>
>>28771181
>tfw mental day hospital forces me to go to the gym twice a week
It's actually not too bad
Rowing and running is quite nice
>>
>>28771496
At least you didn't blow money on a trainer like an idiot.
>>
>>28771587
I think if I wanted I could get a personal trainer at the gym and they would even create a trainings plan for me and stuff
The 398.65 euro my insurance pays per day has to be good for something
>>
>>28771181
Was your personal trainer a hot female? If not next time hire a hot female. Then bee yourself. You're not going to make as much progress if you don't go. Other wise hire a cool gym bro type trainer that will tell you that you're a weakling and a dweeb for not going.
>>
>>28771587
External accountability is actually probably a good thing for those lacking motivation. It's actually the foundation of numerous self-help programs/philosophies.
>>
>>28771706
It was just some young dude ... but anyway I was like "yeah man I will definitely keep working out here" when questioned. It would feel kinda awkward to show up after two months visually achieving no progress.
>>
>>28771587
Kek. i've had a trainer for years. some of the most fir guys I know use trainers.
>>
>>28771181
You are a gym's dream customer. Ironically you will probably go more if you think about it less and rely more on routine. Find a 5-6 day a week program online, Body For Life is pretty good and easy for beginners and whenever you have spare time during the day go to your room and throw on your gym clothes and walk out the door without thinking too much about it. Getting to the gym is 95% of the battle.
>>
File: Ass.webm (1 MB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
Ass.webm
1 MB, 640x640
>>28771181
This is indicative of /r9k/ all over. There is one simple solution. Just do it. The problem is that a lot like "man up" the advice will fall on deaf ears or be ripped apart.

Here is the truth: yeah you can blame inherent advantages or disadvantages in life but you get no where without work. And work is all you need to do.

Build up slowly. Plan and keep it in a routine. You need to make a routine of your life. When you sleep. When you eat. When you work out and what routine you do. Write it in a little book. And build up. Let us say one week you do x reps at y weight for z time. Well next week you add to it. And add to it.

You don't have to waste loads of money on personal trainers etc. Also the Internet is awash with all the knowledge you need on diet and exercise.

Eventually you hit the wall. It is tough. But the routine is made. And you overcome the previous barriers. That being said - your life is not made of rock. You may break your rotuine on occasion but the key is not to give up but to get back to it. Maybe people forget this. They build a routine but stumble at the first hurdle. Miss a week? Go next week.

Also you need to work out so much you begin to enjoy it. Many people stick their headphones on and treat it like a chore to be done. I can go running with none of that. Your heart racing, hormones flowing, breathing heavily. It can become enjoyable if you let it.

Lastly their is achievement. The achievement is not about loose visuals. Of course you do need trackers - measure your weight at the same time once a week. Measure your main body parts with a tape measure (e.g. waist, both arms, legs etc). Progress does take time. And if you steadily build you will notice it more than see it. it could be 6 months before someone comments that you look better.

It isn't a battle. It isn't a chore. It is just will. Work not started tonight won't be finished tomorrow. Get up and do it.
>>
>>28771797
This is totally the point I'm trying to make.
Hire an attractive female personal trainer. You're not going to do something weird and commit some unwritten social etiquette violation, you're probably going to be on your best behavior. Some of you bots just straight up need to interact with females in a professional setting and not reading about how real professional setting horror stories that influence your opinion about them.
You went with a regular dude, which is fine. But you're not clicking with that dude very well if he's not throwing you any shit in a way. Actually go a few times just to get to know the dude you hired. If it doesn't work you might need a different type of motivation, he's motivated to work out all the time and try to help other motivated people out. If he's not the type of dude that you won't want to puss out around take a different approach. By the way, he thinks you're a pussy for not going. He knows you're skipping out to sit around and jerk off.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.