[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are normies so spectacularly arrogant about things that they
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: Lasagna_(1).jpg (256 KB, 1600x1301) Image search: [Google]
Lasagna_(1).jpg
256 KB, 1600x1301
Why are normies so spectacularly arrogant about things that they barely deserve credit for?

For example, cooking. My father believes himself to be a masterchef despite having never really cooked anything

>Makes lasagna
Uses pre-made sauces

>Makes Pizza
Pre-made pizza dough, premade sauce OR gets a frozen pizza and adds toppings

>Makes curry
Pre-made curry sauce, pre chopped meat, pre made spice mix, microwave rice

>Makes Christmas dinner
Frozen vegetables, frozen potato, pre made stuffing, gravy in granules

And yet he and the rest of this 'household' praise him constantly for his cooking. Meanwhile when I cook for myself I use fresh ingredients assembled into an actual dish. I don't get it at all. I usually take out my passive aggression by sending emails to the makers of the pre-made ingredients he used for my own amusement (I'll post an example next) but normies do this all the time. It is the same with sports teams.
>>
File: emails.png (36 KB, 992x484) Image search: [Google]
emails.png
36 KB, 992x484
>>28770693
for example I do this to vent. But it is unhealthy.
>>
File: 1285105660685.jpg (21 KB, 400x395) Image search: [Google]
1285105660685.jpg
21 KB, 400x395
Great thread, would love to see more of the letters
>>28770701
Do you really send these? Ever get any replies? Also what age are you?
>>
>>28770701
do they ever respond?
>>
>>28770757
>>28770774
No, they never respond, at least not with anything other than 'thanks, great to hear some praise' type of corporate emails.

I am 25
I am not a NEET, I work full time. My 'super chef' father just takes it upon himself to cook most nights, even if I tell him not to he promises it will be special before his latest fajitas with pre made salsa, pre chopped peppers and ready spice mix.
>>
>>28770701
>>28770873
Post more letters. I'd like to see some of the frozen vegetable ones.
>>
File: ice.png (15 KB, 985x244) Image search: [Google]
ice.png
15 KB, 985x244
>>28770890
Well here is one example. Iceland is a frozen food supermarket.
>>
>>28771381
post more.
This is certainly not original.
>>
I've never even seen pre-chopped meat, peppers or onions. I guess you can buy strips of beef or pork for stir fry actually. But never seen pre-chopped veggies. Literally takes all of 30 seconds to chop an onion and they last for weeks, why would you need them frozen
>>
>>28771439
laziness
normies are lazy
>>
Normies suffer from overestimation of their own worth.
>>
I don't know man, that sounds annoying, but I feel like my dad's spectacular insecurity is worse. Whenever he makes a tasty dish:

>sorry
>sorry
>sorry I fucked it up
>sorry it tastes so bad
>sorry i had you guys
>sorry
>>
>>28772157
I hate those types of cooks
>>
>>28772157
Poor guy, give him a hug and tell him he's a good cook : 3
>>
>>28772157
At least he can cook tasty food. I'd suck my dads dick for a homemade tomato sauce pasta.
>>
>>28770693
>being this autistic
Why can't you just compliment your father?
>>
>>28772308
I have NEVER directly told him his food isn't good. I am the most patient person in the world.
>>
You should not compliment someone who doesn't deserve it. That's the point of this thread. This normalfag entitlement probably stems from their childhood when everything they did was great and now the unmerited encouragement they once got from their parents has to be bestowed upon them by others.
>>
>>28772203
yes

>>28772247
no, he's an asshole

>>28772293
he can't cook that
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.